SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Yeah was the interclub supersprint (Im with the southern sporting, and its with the wrx, hsv, alfa clubs too)

Yeah im pretty happy with it! Ive only owned the car for 5 days!

When I get used to it, yeah times will drop! :P

Was a good day today Chris.

I managed to destroy an engine after lunch. Didnt spin bearings this time but instead melted a piston just for something different. Looking like an injector problem.

Its all out and stripped now will get a new set of pistons tommorrow and throw it back together ready for wakefield.

Looking at the times from today Greg and I both did our quickest time during our little race in the 3rd session lap 10. Which is kinda annoying as my car had more in it once the tires and brakes were settled. We needed one more flying lap per session.

Edited by Risking

Im very impressed with how reliable Gregs car is when he's not getting the mud out of the guards at EC.

He had a great battle with an Evo in the last session! .............and of course came out in front

Ahh see I was lucky enough to learn racing in a car where braking was optional.....it really changes how you think about braking. It will definately teach you how to make the most of what you have available.

Sorry to hear brad....better get it fixed and back out there! Serve you right for having too much power tho. And c'mon you both got beaten by a filthy cheater evo, and the commodore ahead of you both better be an ex super-taxi. It funny how all the alfas come last, goes to show how far club cars have come in the last 15 years.

Yeah Warren can steer that EVO. That comodore is actually an old VH!!

Mine was making stuff all power. It was running 1.1 bar all morning.

I was planning to use the engine properly in the afternoon sessions but it didnt happen. It would have been around 150Kw or so short of its potential in the morning. and undeersteering like a bitch. (you know the problem I have with that atm)

It'll be fixed by next weekend Duncan. Its all out and stripped in the garage now.

The 15 has always been reliable. Mainly because its very very basic, virtually stock with a big turbo. He keeps the revs low and it lasts.

Edited by Risking

Ouch Brad, thats no good :)

Sorry to hear mate, as I was heading out for session 4 or 5 I saw you were packing up, came back and you guys had gone.

Next round is OP south yeah?

Yeah Chris next round is south circuit nut I have a few days on in between that.

Ill have the block and all the parts back tommorrow night and will assemble it wednesday night again.

Holy shit brad! i got an n1 block/crank if you need one its been machined tho, can talk about it if you want.

i wont be bringing mine over anytime soon now. Gabby's given me 3-4 weeks till i have it back. i might do something about cams now..

What do you think would be ideal in the way of cams?

i already have bought, Supertech springs/titanium retainers, supertech valve guides,

i would like to go a fairly big lift. 10mm-11mm but want the easiest and best option without spending money on buckets or whatever is needed with larger cams.

Mick, when did you get the 34??

i can vouch for the little MX5, great little car and looks great out on the track thru the corners.

Yeah sorry to hear you had engine issues Brad and had to call it a day early! Congrats on some bloody quick times to you n Greg... you guys times are my bench mark... but was happy with my 1st outing in the silvia. Already planning the shopping list to beat the 1:22 from Sunday!!

Ando your car looked great going round and round :banana:

The blue and black works well together!

wtf ... u were there??? Where?? When?? Why?? LOL\

Yes it did go round n round n round... still waiting for any pics from the day :)

Thanks Ando. It should have been significantly quicker according to the AIM data logger but we didnt really get to have a good go at it. There's always next time though.

Are you coming down to wakefield with us in two weeks??

I bought the DVD from our photographer. If you didnt I can get Jess to email any good ones to you.

Edited by Risking

Thanks Ando. It should have been significantly quicker according to the AIM data logger but we didnt really get to have a good go at it. There's always next time though.

Are you coming down to wakefield with us in two weeks??

I bought the DVD from our photographer. If you didnt I can get Jess to email any good ones to you.

Sheesh so what sort of times 'should' you be punching out at GP? 1:15's?? Thats stoopidly quick...

Mate i would love too but i think i am going to save the money and go for the Bozman driver training day in May... Jess was saying its worth while since i have never had an official 'training' at all... just get out and give it go so far... but i cant even heal-toe.. lol... so im sure a full day with some training would do me a world of good!!

wtf ... u were there??? Where?? When?? Why?? LOL\

Yes it did go round n round n round... still waiting for any pics from the day :)

Of course i was there :banana:

Spent most of the day at turn 12 watching people oversteer :D