SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

I know its not a nissan but this is my little Mazda R100 Sports Sedan, it should be ready to race in a few months.

damn... that's all kinds of cool! :D

this thread is dangerous... I need to stop reading it before I do silly things :whistling:

I have long loved to own a neat litlte R100 as a daily driver. But is cool to turn one into a Sports Sedan.

Yeh, i was waiting to get all my pics and post up a thread on "Stuff track cars...build a road/club car" But i think i am about to pull the pin on the paint nad body repairs to my car in favour of just buying a neat std GTSt and swapping over parts. Which will leave me with my current car as a shell with enough spare parts to get it to the track for some serious attempts at corner speeds/late braking and ultimately binning. Sounds like under 2L Sports Sedan is the go. Surely it will keep up with those Geminis :whistling:

what's so wrong with your car now?

it looks a hell of a lot better than what mine did when i dropped mine off for panel/paint...

doing the parts swap thing and registering another car will be as much if not more of a headache?

neat road/club car is the way to go...

if you think you have problems now with just one car why throw another car into the equation?

and just a theory here but the more time and effort ($) you put into a car the less likely you are to bin it, you will only (or should only) ever push nine tenths in a car you care about...

just my 2cents :whistling:

Sounds like under 2L Sports Sedan is the go. Surely it will keep up with those Geminis :whistling:

I was speaking to mat and he was doing 1:41's at winton in the datto he's racing and coming 3rd. However the 1st and 2nd cars were doing 1:34's.

what's so wrong with your car now?

Just what you can see in the pics on the earlier page. Body and paint just costs way too much so its cheaper to start again. You are right, its not easier, but it is cheaper...also means after going through the car and putting all the good bits into one single straight car i will know everything is in reasonable health condition wise.

Just need to find a good body car quickly

I know its not a nissan but this is my little Mazda R100 Sports Sedan, it should be ready to race in a few months.

That is an awesome little car. My old man had an R100. Lowered and fat rims. The thing went round corners or 3 wheels. Loving the wide body look.

What's it running?

Finally some pics Brian,,,about bloody time mate. It's fat little monster indeed. I almost bought that car some years back and stupidly bought the Capri.

Brian is it still running the 13BPP with that filthy big 51mm weber with extended bowl?.

Neil.

The old R100 is still running a 13B PP im going weber injection now have a 55mm EFI Hardwear injection set up and a fule only computer. Heres some more pics...

Few more weeks and its going to Alex at Redline Rotary to get tuned

post-36356-1242250663_thumb.jpg

post-36356-1242250675_thumb.jpg

post-36356-1242250684_thumb.jpg

wow a PP right next to your leg.... that would be loud in the car... brap brap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

love how rotaries are so small, barely bigger than the bellhousing on the box!

do you run a scatter shield over it?

Got the rb20 tuned at CNJ Performance on Tuesday and was really really happy with the results, customer service and price :D

Got a track day comin up next week, will be good to see how it goes just have to sort out my bloody power steering now :)

post-4425-1242266602_thumb.jpg

Hey Ross, I've decided just to grab the whole pump assembly from the states mate as it's quick and not too expensive. Thanks againfor your offer though, very much appreciated! Did you go ahead with you rewiring kit in the end?

Oh, and good news, engine is apart and all is well. Thank fark for that!

No prob any time.

Moving back to vic + out of a job since xmass = kit on hold. Still will do it but at this stage dont know when ill be able to get it out. I striped mine and can make further reductions so the estimated weight will be around +/- 5kg. At the moment i am just creating the wiring diagrams in CAD then we will go from there.

Cheers

Got the rb20 tuned at CNJ Performance on Tuesday and was really really happy with the results, customer service and price :)

Got a track day comin up next week, will be good to see how it goes just have to sort out my bloody power steering now :D

Nice power mate. 3rd gear run????

wow a PP right next to your leg.... that would be loud in the car... brap brap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

love how rotaries are so small, barely bigger than the bellhousing on the box!

do you run a scatter shield over it?

Yes, it has a 5mm thick stainless steel sheild over the clutch and flywheel area, then just has all the other alloy covers that sit on top. its always in the back of my mind what could happen if........ but i dont want to think about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Dad drove the Targa car in a support race for the V8 Supercars this weekend. Poor car needs another new Front Left. Lap 3 of race 1, a widebody Porsche GT2 brock a lower control arm coming out of the hairpin, and went off to the left, hit a car and came back into Dad. Me and anohter guy bent the guard out, and cable tied and taped the front bar back together to get him out for the next race. Porsche had to go home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9uhkv4rYg - some footage of whity lapping dad, some good flame action

post-5985-1243839981_thumb.jpg

post-5985-1243840036_thumb.jpg