SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

If it didnt have sunroof that thing would be perfect balls to the wall track car. Even as is, when i am back baby i have time off so we are going to have to have a showdown at Wakefield. It has been 6 years since i have driven that place

Well here's my latest project. All the machining is finished at last and im just waiting on a couple more parts. Its a stroked 3.1lt open deck engine. The goal is a massively wide torque band and around 450awkw with a pair of GTRS's.

post-26553-1251796326_thumb.jpg

post-26553-1251796347_thumb.jpg

If it didnt have sunroof that thing would be perfect balls to the wall track car. Even as is, when i am back baby i have time off so we are going to have to have a showdown at Wakefield. It has been 6 years since i have driven that place

Whats bad about a sunroof roy? Im making a carbon "plug" for mine soon, party to save weight but mostly for headroom

Looking good Baron! And the Tomei is a better choice anyway mate, should help to keep strut towes in one piece. I had a nice fat Nismo one on there prior to buying mine which was a shame to see go, but it was for the best.

I want to try to get to Oran Park prior to it's closing, you should bring the S13 out and we can have some fun :)

agreed. as you know I very nearly didn't buy it when I found out it had a sunroof. in all the pics I'd seen I didn't see the sunroof. after my 32 GTST with sunroof I'd promised myself never again, but the car had all the right gear for the right price so I compromised again. :)

and yeah mate wakefield is a go. showdown will be good. in fact the little silvia might do well there. your thing will be pretty wild around wakefield and the silvia has just the right amount of torque. it'll be interesting to see which one you can drive around there quicker. actually yours will be quicker. it has so much good gear now. the titanium exhaust is worth 3 or 4 seconds at least....hehe.

Phunky: definitely try and get to oran before it closes. if you can't get your car up here mate we could probably even share mine for a day. you don't want to miss driving it before it closes. it's a fun track.

GTs30t: sunroofs are bad for track car. less headroom, plus more weight from the sunroof and the extra bracing they add under the roof. plus of course if you roll there is a chance of something penetrating that space. but mostly the biggest killer is the headroom or lack thereof. One day I'll probably just get it removed and get the hole welded up. I would have never bought another sunroof track car but this particular one had all the right bits so I caved. :)

Well here's my latest project. All the machining is finished at last and im just waiting on a couple more parts. Its a stroked 3.1lt open deck engine. The goal is a massively wide torque band and around 450awkw with a pair of GTRS's.

very nice mate. what are you doing to that poor virginal car! :) it should be one hell of a beast with 3.1L and those two massive turbos! I'm sure you've told me before but what plans for the head?

If you throw a big enough solenoid and ram on it i am sure you can get the sunroof to drive open in a split second when diving on the brakes so you get a Veyron/Mclaren F1 style air brake. :)

:). haha. that sounds way to fancy. we just get 2 barn door hinges and attach to front of sunroof. then as I approach each corner, reach around down shift, then punch it up with my fist and hold till turn in. just like a veyron... only better.

DO please post up when you guys are going....might have to coincidently be there in the 33 :)

Looks good Ian. Just a quick question, do the tops of the sleeves where they stick out of the block have flats on them to retain a better wall thickness?

Mike

Looking good Dave. Is that a 3071?

Ando: That would be awesome to compare setups and get a feel for how each mod has affected each car. Should definitely organise something. Matt (Boxheadmr) asked me to come to an NSCC day at Wakefield on the 8th November, which would be good, but want to make sure I get OP in there if I'm making the trip.

Hmmmm S13 convention @ Wakefield or OP! Keep me posted :(

Really keen to get a whole bunch of serious S13's and drivers together to compare notes!

lol, I am a long way from serious driver or serious S13! :rofl:

and yes badhairdave can come too. all this large turbo is giving me turbo envy... now thinking mine is too small... looks like you should have a great set-up there.

S13 convention? Will be interesting to see how the old R32 goes with similarily powered 2L S13s. Be a fun day playing with cars all within 2-3 seconds of one another....rather then the usual Vic days where i am chasing all the Racepace GTRs who are 4-5 seconds quicker with me being the clearly slowest :( LOL, that is assuming i am not the slowest of all the 2L cars which could be the case around bumpy old Wakefield :rofl:

lol, I am a long way from serious driver or serious S13! :rofl:

and yes badhairdave can come too. all this large turbo is giving me turbo envy... now thinking mine is too small... looks like you should have a great set-up there.

I'm massively jealous of tis turbo setup, an seeing as my manifold just cracked I'm so tempted by it!

Full Race Twin scroll, twin external wastegate manifold

Twin scroll 3071R

Twin Tial 'gates

Full Race dump pipe

Who wants to sponsor a starving 180SX driver?? :(

post-8405-1251865087_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1251865105_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1251865117_thumb.jpg