SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Can't wait to see what my ITB RB20 runs like

Cool! Great to hear you guys are mucking around with the ITB's too, turbo or N/A? Cranked a few more degree's timing into my N/A RB20 and stuck it on avgas a month ago, certainly livened it up some more.

What throttles are you running? ( I may have missed the bit where you've spoken about your setup?)

Another vid, just for kicks:

2nd gear take off btw.

We have made an adaptor plate to fit a RB26 setup, so RB26 'injector plate' (manifold) through to plenum. damo's is on a RB25DE+T, and mine is going on a RB20DET. When we were researching it all I read your thread, your using toyota throttles arn't you?

Very interesting. What's the reason behind runing a 2ltr, class capacity limits?

Yes mine are off the 20 valve Toyota motor. I'm thinking they are slightly too big for the N/A 2ltr as we seem to be struggling for air speed. But in saying that the car has plenty of poke for the moment, just think there is room for imporvement.

The GTR ITB's would be far too much for me, would have been a bit easier to build if I could have gone that way.

haven't post in awhile but here is an update on my setup (almost finish)

Oil cooler setup (note all my fuses, remove the fuse box from the engine bay, just need to setup the box now)

4369247251_7a3cfbfb8b_o.jpg

Twin Gtr bov setup

4369996316_9409c9868e_o.jpg

Oil cooler setup + catch can (note no fuse box :()

4369996058_a30feb67c1_o.jpg

Gtr Plenum on rb25

4369996182_2fcff004b7_b.jpg

Suspensions setup

4369247283_2e4f66819a_o.jpg

seat + harness

4369246909_8ce91b909f_o.jpg

nismo wheel + gauges (dodgy horn button for now as the car still gets driven on the street now and then)

4369996100_e93c05f680_o.jpg

Still got alot of work to do; new turbo setup is off to get coated. waiting on nismo lsd from japan. Still need to fine tune the suspension and possible upgrade my LCA to moonface so i can run some more camber (currently max out at -3degrees), also looking at getting a moonface lockbar for the hicas (but pricey at $600). Seat is getting replaced with a Zeta 3 (currently Zeta 2). Need to remove all the carpet and the rest of the crap. trying to source a cage but having no lock all j-spec cages are over $1500 due to the cost of shipping, might just end up getting a cams approve one made locally.

Just order a driftbox so i can do some data logging, from everything i read the data logging system it is looks pretty much spot on so should be interesting once its setup and i can review my times and also check out how well im drifting too

Edited by Kaido_RR

• 2 weeks later...

As i was sitting in traffic on the highway on Sunday i saw Stu and his bumblebee on the back of the trailer being driven south past camden. I am guessing you were coming from Power Cruise. Please tell me you got some decent footage of the lil V8 singing in the R32 ;)

wtf are you doing in aussie without going to race tracks?

Me?

Hmm, i went to PI to watch :laugh: I got my car back about 6-8 weeks later then planned so didnt get a chance to do the things it needed maintenance wise etc etc...just ran out of time. This working abroad really kills car stuff...lets me buy plenty of parts that never go on the car though :D

Mechanics charge 3 x what the parts cost to install...lol i can butcher all the parts installing them myself for free :ermm:

Yeh, the car really needs an interested party to help me with installing and tweaking the parts. With work i simply dont have the time in Melb these days and a mechanic is going to charge me between 5-6k to install the new turbo setup, manifolds, gearbox, clutch, exhaust, and fancy electroinics i have for her :laugh: