SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

yes 06

in 06 won our class driver and 3 for co driver and top ten for handy cap and 32 outright

in 07 we moved up a class and of memery 5 in class and 33 or 36 outright i wood have to look it up

Yeh, a person that co-drove with me in Vic in 2006 or 2007 competed in the NSW the year after and talked how there was a silver GTSt competing. I think your car has a gate or is noisy as hell too ?

did he work for the p one club

theres no gate just very open ex and intake

rb20 at just under 300hp at wheels

running 12.6 flat

on standed botom end just cams ecu

standed rb25 neo turbo at 16psi

Yeh, was the Vic manager of P1. He was running an Aston Martin Vantage. He traded down form a cool mans car to a upperty wooftahs coupe! :D

From this... :P

gallery_462_50_19164.jpg

To this... :thumbsup:

med_gallery_462_50_698512.jpg

Truth is I love that Vantage so much it hurts! :P

Its not being run as a BOV but rather a boost limiting device. Basically to mimic what GMS had to do in teh days of Grp A

Interesting, does it work better than an ebc or bleed valve? does the turbo still need a wastegate.

Edited by 2lazy

No, Just opens up at a set pressure eg 1.2 bar the valve opens so manifold pressure cant go any higher, no you dont have to have a wastegate but its a good idea to run them to stop the turbo over speeding.

The Production race cars like duncans run them as a requirement so they cant run more than the factory boost pressure.

Nizpro used to just run a pop-off valve setup and no wastegate back in the early VL turbo days, with success.

No because the full force of exhaust gas is running through the turbine, and with minimal restriction on the comp wheel, than the turbo will spin way harder than what it needs to for the required manifold pressure.

It may help minimize spool time if you had lazy internal gates, external gate will be no different untill the gate opens

No because the full force of exhaust gas is running through the turbine, and with minimal restriction on the comp wheel, than the turbo will spin way harder than what it needs to for the required manifold pressure.

It may help minimize spool time if you had lazy internal gates, external gate will be no different untill the gate opens

Sorry that does not make sense to me, if there is less air there is less spark,less ex gases?

Sorry that does not make sense to me, if there is less air there is less spark,less ex gases?

the point of it is to stop to much boost not to decrease power.

if your car runs on 8 apples. the turbo spools up to 8 apples then it finds that A) the waste gate wont let enough apples past or B ) you have restricted boost for a comp.

in point A the turbo keeps spooling to 10 apples and pop goes the engine or you add in a pop off valve and it lets 2 apples out keeping the manifold pressure at 8 apples. its not designed to let 10 apples out of the system only a few so it just regulates the boost.

with only 8 apples in the system the turbo still trys to produce more but it can because they are being let out.

hope that helps but its realy a question for the forced induction party not the show us your racing machines people.

My r34 at yesterday's track day.

Had my ass handed to me by a pack of evo's. 6th in class D, out of 8 cars. If only having the prettiest car took seconds off your lap time....

post-26553-1276504174_thumb.jpg

Had my ass handed to me by a pack of evo's. 6th in class D, out of 8 cars. If only having the prettiest car took seconds off your lap time....

Wow, what refreshing honesty! Nice post mate :)

Very very nice looking car too!

Wow, what refreshing honesty! Nice post mate :)

Very very nice looking car too!

'course it's nice! it's my old car. ;) ;)

man you are looking after her mate. it looks stunning. :) and yes way better looking than any poxy lancer.

Those crappy Falken Azeni's you are running aren't helping your cause. If funds allow, try to get some newA050's or even RE55's under that R34 and look out EVO's!!