SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Really enjoyed viewing this thread and poking around other projects. I will have a 32 GTR one day (next race car build if the wifer lets me).

But at the moment I have to settle for bulding it's nemesis.........

P9190316.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

When done I would like to find someone with a racer spec gunmetal 32 to take some professional pics with.

A decent dyno day but a bit short of my expectations. Looking back on my engine spec perhaps some wilder cams. more porting, bigger turbo and a little more compression might have got me closer. I am also sure that the day did not help @ 30degree c and air density 92.7% which had ACT's @ 56 deg.

However I am sure the engine will be a hoot to drive....

Dyno plots - just realised that I only printed the run which started the load @ 3500 rpm - 250 rpm/sec.

This makes the boost look sluggish - it came in 500rpm sooner on other runs - you can see it went from 0psi @ 3500 to 8.5 psi @ 3600.

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

AFR2 - 0.84 only the log was 0.82 on the autronic and motec lambda modules. I had trouble with the boost controller and definately needed boost per rpm. I had the boost controller set higher but got surge at 32psi @ 4200rpm. Mapped the engine at heaps on load sites and pretty happy.

• 3 months later...

hit up the BMW club haunted hills day yesterday with a few mates.

some frustrating weather, but a great day regardless, with only 19 or 20 cars (mostly seriously expensive metal) we had plenty of runs, they setup the figure of 8 track hoping for less carnage....

a couple of unfortunate race prepped e30's needing new bodies, and a few other cars having close calls it made it eventful, nobody was injured so that is the main thing.

a cheeky snap of my "racing machine" next to a gtr.

then a group shot at the end of the day...

post-9640-0-30224800-1301894759_thumb.jpg

post-9640-0-29341700-1301894274_thumb.jpg

post-9640-0-36060400-1301894413_thumb.jpg

i think it's 5:11pm but i'm not sure if i wound my watch back correctly... :nyaanyaa:

it could also be "time" for a new clutch, and some other excuses. (like growing bigger balls for the down hill sections)

track was slippery as the weather was freezing with showers every now and then, i managed a 67.56 which i was happy with, i then set out to improve on that but was just over driving it as i could only manage a high 67 and a couple of 68's.

dean drove the s14 once for the day and did a 65 cruising.....

the time of the day (before i left) went to a weltmeister 996, 61.80

the r35 was doing consistant mid 64's as was an awesome e92 four door m3.

i love that track because it really exposes the strengths/weaknesses in different cars.

67 isn't bad dude - I was 64.8 by the end of my first day, started off @ 68s/69s

To give you perspective, Snowy/Chris were doing like 54s/55s LOL... Fken silly fast.

It's a great little track. It's all about balls into the corner/braking.

i think it's 5:11pm but i'm not sure if i wound my watch back correctly... :nyaanyaa:

it could also be "time" for a new clutch, and some other excuses. (like growing bigger balls for the down hill sections)

track was slippery as the weather was freezing with showers every now and then, i managed a 67.56 which i was happy with, i then set out to improve on that but was just over driving it as i could only manage a high 67 and a couple of 68's.

dean drove the s14 once for the day and did a 65 cruising.....

the time of the day (before i left) went to a weltmeister 996, 61.80

the r35 was doing consistant mid 64's as was an awesome e92 four door m3.

i love that track because it really exposes the strengths/weaknesses in different cars.

:nyaanyaa:

Nice job mate. Fark I love that track, can't wait to get out there again. How did you find the BMW day as opposed to a WRX day?

Why did Dean only drive the one lap?

Why is the sky blue?

A 61.8 is very quick indeed!

67 isn't bad dude - I was 64.8 by the end of my first day, started off @ 68s/69s

To give you perspective, Snowy/Chris were doing like 54s/55s LOL... Fken silly fast.

It's a great little track. It's all about balls into the corner/braking.

I think those times are for the regular track my man, a 54/55 around the figure 8 would be flyyyyyying!

:nyaanyaa:

Nice job mate. Fark I love that track, can't wait to get out there again. How did you find the BMW day as opposed to a WRX day?

Why did Dean only drive the one lap?

Why is the sky blue?

A 61.8 is very quick indeed!

I think those times are for the regular track my man, a 54/55 around the figure 8 would be flyyyyyying!

i love the track too!

it keeps you on your toes, i felt like i knew where i could make up time everytime i came back from a lap, when i set out on the next lap my theory would all turn to sh!t and before i knew it i was onto a new theory.

i really enjoyed the bmw day, i think theentry fee was higher than normal, but, the field was 20 cars so there was heaps of track time, i'm not sure how many laps i got in, a lot were wet or it was spitting, but they still count for learning corners and trialing different ideas.

the wrx day's seem to be run in similar fashion, only with a lot more cars in attendance it can mean you are waiting a long time between laps, yesterday, the cars barely cooled down before it was time to line up again.

jeremy was driving the s14, dean only had one lap in it as he was driving something else.

bmw club had passenger laps too which were a lot of fun.

yep, figure of 8, they opened it up for clockwise sessions late in the day (2:45 ish) but the weather had set in so most people had left.

post-9640-0-18617300-1301911564_thumb.jpg

post-9640-0-69973000-1301911786_thumb.jpg

Looks like some pretty $$$ cars there!!

Holy cr@P 61.8 on the fig 8 is flyyyying....my fig 8 pb is a 63.64. Admittedly I only had 3 or so goes at it so there was more to be found but I had better weather too!!

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to take the car out for a run and really try out the new MCA suspension, it has made a huge change to the car and certainly helps us be more competitive.

Still need to get used to how hard i can hit the jumps now and not have to worry about the car smashing the ground everytime it lands.

Unfortunately we had some other troubles that started of with an oversight from me that put us threw a fence and then later on in the day we broke the gearbox.

post-54017-0-74390200-1305516457_thumb.jpgpost-54017-0-71283500-1305516799_thumb.jpg

Incar from the crash

Gosh that looks like fun :)

Sure does, hence me building a rally car rather soon.....already have the car...so Im not just dreaming as usual

Yep sure is, i am looking forward to getting back out there soon and hopefully we can finish the event this time.

jase

Nice work :)

Do you have any pics of the under trays/stone gaurds ettc of your car?

Nice

What car you building?

I don't unfortunately, but it's def worth doing. I just run conveyor belt underneath and on the bottom of the rear arms etc. I am hoping to change to a fibreglass fake floor that is what most guys in amsag run i just need to make one up. The damage the rocks do underneath is quite harsh its like the car has been bead blasted.

I am also going to be running some mudflaps before the rear wheels to try and stop so many sharp rocks being flicked/stood up by the front wheels to see if it helps reduce punctures.

It will be a Cordia...

lol

I wont have to worry about covering tail shafts or anything being a front driver. Was thinking on using a thick sheet of aluminium to protect the sump and gearbox etc

Sound resonable?

Cordia Turbo?

Yeh thick bit of aluminium is the go for the front, you can kind of see mine from the photos but i have a large sheet of aluminium that is 8mm thick and covers the sump and most of the gearbox.

I will get you some photos of how it has been fitted to mine so you can get some ideas, we need a rally talk thread haha

Finally had a chance to take the car out for a run and really try out the new MCA suspension, it has made a huge change to the car and certainly helps us be more competitive.

Still need to get used to how hard i can hit the jumps now and not have to worry about the car smashing the ground everytime it lands.

Unfortunately we had some other troubles that started of with an oversight from me that put us threw a fence and then later on in the day we broke the gearbox.

post-54017-0-74390200-1305516457_thumb.jpgpost-54017-0-71283500-1305516799_thumb.jpg

Incar from the crash

great vid mate. the silvia looks great and nice driving too. :) nice of you to find your hole in the fence and exit the way you entered lol. :)

car looks very settled on the mca's. is it turbo or NA (had the sound down at work!)?

great vid mate. the silvia looks great and nice driving too. :) nice of you to find your hole in the fence and exit the way you entered lol. :)

car looks very settled on the mca's. is it turbo or NA (had the sound down at work!)?

Thanks,

Yeh thought i had done enough damage going through it once lol. Unfortunately the barbed wire was the real winner though, it did a nice job of adding pin stripes to the roof of the car.

It is a great improvement with the MCA's im glad the car is finally starting to come together, i just need to finish some events and we should get a good result.

It is a Turbo SR20, great little motor with enough power to get me into trouble haha.