SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

not sure on PI in november but I'll be doing something somewhere with it! probably will do as many days at oran park and mainly just looking forward to it being a bit more of a friendly street car. at the moment is super low, has race bucket, is loud, has 2way that chirps everywhere, clutch rattles like fark and is either on or off so take offs often involve a 'little' wheel spin. no AC etc. once those things are fixed it will me more enjoyable to drive for sure. ;)

I'll be headed down to brisbane from townsville at the end of the year.

Morgan Park, QR, lakeside.... I can't wait

Forgot to add: my 180

RB25DET neo

324mm gtr discs with R33 gtst calipers, slotted rears with Hawke HT-10s in the mail

GT3076 split rear housing as a paper weight waiting on my exhaust manifold

Hopefully a greddy intake and 800cc injectors and some new shocks by the time I'm in brisbane.

Edited by aleks

RB25DET neo

324mm gtr discs with R33 gtst calipers, slotted rears with Hawke HT-10s in the mail

Hopefully a greddy intake and 800cc injectors and some new shocks by the time I'm in brisbane.

Nice mate. Who is making the manifold for you twin scroll 76?

Richard:

at the moment is super low, has race bucket, is loud, has 2way that chirps everywhere, clutch rattles like fark and is either on or off so take offs often involve a 'little' wheel spin. no AC etc

makes me miss my car... :blush:

Is that similar to the ride height you were running with the DMS? You are a good 15-20mm lower then me

I'm running F 345 R 335 on the street(soon to be track hopefully!) and it feels a lot better than it did with the front at 320, rear at 280... I have been recommended to go another 5mm higher still! (and then another 5mm at the rear when needed)

What is the opinion on jap bolt in cages for a weekend car that should start seeing a few track days a year?

What is the opinion on jap bolt in cages for a weekend car that should start seeing a few track days a year?

Better than nothing in my opinion, and you should be able to find a free one so the value is second to none :banana:

Better than nothing in my opinion, and you should be able to find a free one so the value is second to none :banana:

car came with a cusco safety21 7point+harness bar. seems to make the car less flexy, so in the respect it feels great, was just wondering if anyone had any experience of how they held up

some are better than others but the cusco/safety 21 made ones are not too bad. the only bad bit is the ones they make that curve around the dash. ideally you want to get one of the ones that goes straight through the dash. 2 good reasons. 1 it's safer. and 2 it makes the cage less 'intrusive' especially around your right foot area and getting in and out etc.

RB25DET neo

Why dont you race at the Bitumen Sprints and Hill Climb here in Townsville?

some are better than others but the cusco/safety 21 made ones are not too bad. the only bad bit is the ones they make that curve around the dash. ideally you want to get one of the ones that goes straight through the dash. 2 good reasons. 1 it's safer. and 2 it makes the cage less 'intrusive' especially around your right foot area and getting in and out etc.

sadly, mine goes around the dash... was considering taking it out, selling it, then getting a CAMS and ADR approved 5point from Brown Davis, as i dont want to go through the dash on what is a street car at the moment.

I had a chat with Kyle about doing a twin scroll manifold for me a few weeks back. Is it a single wastegate design?

Yeah single wastegate

Why dont you race at the Bitumen Sprints and Hill Climb here in Townsville?

I've had stuff all time, need to get the car in one piece to brisbane

Get a popper welded in roll cage.

Safer, better ridgidity and increase the value of you car

Ash

How can you say a weld in cage increased the value of the car? My experience has been that weld in cages mean that the car is effectively a full time race car, which limits the buying public interested in the car to effectively race only.

Secondly, i have found those wanting a dedicated track car with a full weld in cage typically like what they like and when they see a car with a certain cage, they often dont like the cage and would like the cage design to be different. Again, limiting the range of appeal the car has.

So, not saying you are wrong, just shringmy experiences

Can't say i've seen 3k worth of cage increase the value of the car by 3k either. The increase would be marginal.

Not saying weld in's don't have their place as there are category's where i wouldn't drive without a comprehensive cage, but for the 90 odd percent of people here who track their daily it's a big commitment, and one that can make their car unregisterable at that.

Big little engine project is very close to completion now. Had a high-octane sump extension welded onto a factory sump last week so ive installed that today and finished cleaning up and installing a little more plumbing. The timing belt issue has been a bit more of a challange that I had thought it would be. The first belt ive sourced is 1 tooth too long, so im having to order a belt from the UK that normally goes on a vahuxall astra to get the right tooth count.

GTRS's should arrive next week so when the belt arrives it will be ready to install. Cant wait!

post-26553-1253964209_thumb.jpg

post-26553-1253964216_thumb.jpg