SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Don't all the shifters go into each 'box?

Benny, I reckon you'd need to make one mate, has YT got you sitting in the back seat?

not really, i was looking at trying to get a comfy position, and i think the gearstick might need to come back...so i don't need to have my legs cramped up

just personal prefarance, like to have the stick close. but once the seat is in i might change my mind. just wondered how hard it was. if i had a pedal box, i'd move everything right back though....but i'm not even temped to spend that kind of money.

Big little engine project is very close to completion now. Had a high-octane sump extension welded onto a factory sump last week so ive installed that today and finished cleaning up and installing a little more plumbing. The timing belt issue has been a bit more of a challange that I had thought it would be. The first belt ive sourced is 1 tooth too long, so im having to order a belt from the UK that normally goes on a vahuxall astra to get the right tooth count.

GTRS's should arrive next week so when the belt arrives it will be ready to install. Cant wait!

looking good mate. :thumbsup:

looking good mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks Richard. In hind sight Im thinking I should have made a build thread for this engine, but I can always do that later I suppose. I've got timing belt on it now, all sorted. Its a little perverse what engine it came from though.... its an Opal (holden) Barina timing belt.