SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

The fine upstanding folk down in SAU VIC decided I needed to get one, many thanks to Roy for pushing me into it. The car is just something held together by zip ties and race tape... just some odds and ends I had sitting around in the garage slapped together. I'm really after the Dalek look, Dr. Who is making a comeback some day.

The fine upstanding folk down in SAU VIC decided I needed to get one, many thanks to Roy for pushing me into it. The car is just something held together by zip ties and race tape... just some odds and ends I had sitting around in the garage slapped together. I'm really after the Dalek look, Dr. Who is making a comeback some day.

well your doing a sterling job replicating the original theme!!

INTRUDER ALERT, INTRUDER ALERT..EXXXTEEERRRMIINNAAAATE THEEEM!

that huffer would take about a minute to spool up yeah? would suck in peak hour i reckon.

Quick peek at the deathtrap I've been building up for the past few years. Do you think I can run it in Improved Production? I have a CAMS license now.

now we're talking! looks awesome, improved production for sure. not sure how well that turbo would run with a 32mm restrictor in front of it... i don't have my measuring tape on me but it looks like that compressor inlet may be a few mm bigger than 32mm.

now get it out there doughy.

It takes around 6-8 seconds to hit peak boost, biggest problem is going to be windows cracking from chassis twist.

hahahah, faaaaaark! ;)

6 to 8 seconds... i bet itd sound like a jet engine ..vvvvVVVVVVVVwwwooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH

The body of the compressor wheel (behind the nut) is 32mm, surely that rule can be constructively interpreted? Actually there are going to be alot of problems running this combination in this Skyline chassis, trying to address them all before running it but there aren't too many cars in Aus running a similar combination. Have redone nearly everything several times, one of the reasons why it has taken so long to get to this stage - and it needs to go back for more chassis work after I get it running.

Yes it's a V8, similar to the 5L motor found in many a Ford ute/grocery getter/garbage truck.

The body of the compressor wheel (behind the nut) is 32mm, surely that rule can be constructively interpreted? Actually there are going to be alot of problems running this combination in this Skyline chassis, trying to address them all before running it but there aren't too many cars in Aus running a similar combination. Have redone nearly everything several times, one of the reasons why it has taken so long to get to this stage - and it needs to go back for more chassis work after I get it running.

Yes it's a V8, similar to the 5L motor found in many a Ford ute/grocery getter/garbage truck.

and how exactly will the car be drivable if it takes so long to spool up? And THAT in race conditions? So its a V8..with a truck turbo attached to it..youd have massive torque from the V8 and the turbo is quietly doing its thing when suddenly and unexpectedly, mid corner mind you, full boost is reached and youre spat off the road faster than you can blink..

not actually whats going to happen mind you but that was the crazy vision that popped into my head just now thinking about what your car would be like to drive.. :sorcerer:

Edited by m3gtr

When I was a young lad, dad owned a Ford Sierra XR6 in South Africa (you guys dont get them here... think cossworth...)

anyway, due due some engine problems (read: dad killed engine with NOS) it got replaced with a small block chevvy,

old engine but yeah was awesome car

dad's wasn't a race but but this is sorta what they look like:

archive_10_m.jpg

lol, you are a funny guy dough boy. I didn't think heads and intake like that were standard ford issue, but then again I'm not a ford afficionado...

as for 6 seconds to hit peak boost I think 1. dough boy is tugging your leg a little m3gtr. and 2. that is what staging is for... boost mid corner is not a problem there's only one to worry about and it's most definately taken off boost!

I just want to hear it.

lol, you are a funny guy dough boy. I didn't think heads and intake like that were standard ford issue, but then again I'm not a ford afficionado...

as for 6 seconds to hit peak boost I think 1. dough boy is tugging your leg a little m3gtr. and 2. that is what staging is for... boost mid corner is not a problem there's only one to worry about and it's most definately taken off boost!

I just want to hear it.

well for some reason, i thought the application was for the track..

now it turns out its drag so i digress. Its too big a turbo to be for the track anyways..theres no way itd be drivable...no way on Gods green earth.

still, id be very happy to see how it all turns out.

How long exactly will it take to complete mr doughnut?

and more precisely just what are you expecting of it?

Should be finished by the end of the year, as for performance expectations check the video link and see the comments I made about it in previous post. It's going to be alot of work dialing everything in, but the potential is there.

I could run the car without turbo (basically a larger capacity group A touring car motor) for around 800hp, and actually might do that on shakedown passes to get a feel for the car. But have another R33 for circuit.