SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Didnt an R35 do ok?

I think the guy on the tiller was driving somewhere else. He didnt seem to be at Phillip island despite the car going around the track :D

v motors won nothing on the weekend. every class was won by an rb26, or a straight 4 :D

Has to be one running to win Duncan :P

Edited by Tektrader69

Did the Radical have any problems on the weekend? Looking at those times Duncan its depressing the speed yoh have gotten out of an essentially std GTR :P Very, very, very depressing !

See John is getting so very close to his sub 1:50s now as well!

Did the Radical have any problems on the weekend?

Radical was pretty reliable. Only sticking point was getting the right side rear alloy wheel nut off. Neil busted his 3/4 Impact driver which he uses to run up the wheel nuts. It was stuck on TIGHT.

The anti sieze wasnt quite up to it and the right side rear nut bound up tight on the hub there was a fair bit of alloy galling between the wheel and the nut. We tried everything to get it off. Ended up drilling it out so we could undo it. Pity was Neil missed a session cause of this.

But the new tyres he put on after this where fanstastic he said. :P

Edited by Tektrader69

yeah I think Neil's biggest challenge once the wheels were changed was the same as mine the week before - its just a hard track to get the hang of in a couple of laps.

I had the big advantage of racing there the weekend before and having had a week to think about all my mistakes lol. there's no mistake the track rewards comittment but I needed heaps of laps to get any idea of what speed I could carry, where.

ahh i wish mate.

1. no restrictors, i remember the bsm guys saying the production car made more top end than the ipra car. which i reckon counts for plenty at PI.

2. i was running dunlop dz03 not yoko a048. that has to be worth a minimum of 1 sec alone.

but i was still stoked about the time, I went quicker than I expected to and no doubt there is another 1/2 sec in it with a heap more lap's worth of practice

nice work dundan! 1:48 in your car with what power etc it has is damn good mate. and quicker than neils radical! that is a big surprise for me. I know his isn't the latest one etc but they are still bloody quick so you must have been peddling your car pretty well.

Good to see everyone is having fun, taking home straight cars and even got the opportunity to play with a bucket and spade. By the way, What the devil made you spin in that direction on/from that part of the track, Were you drifting the kink again?????

No photos yet but my Xmas rebuild is well underway with the motor n box out. Crack the motor open tomoz and see how it all measures up after 3 years of caining around the tracks. I expect a set of rings is all that will be needed. Hopefully it will be back together ready for next years Super Sprint Nats, at Morgan Park I think?

hey guys i was gonna start a new thread but ill ask in here as the main people in the know read this thread...

wheres the best locations for the harness points on a 6 point harness? its in a r32 gtr and im running a fullcage and cobra fixed back seat so the main ones will go around the taxi bar, but what about the other 4 points? I found threaded holes for an eyelet on the sill side but no point on the tunnel side to connect one too. Unless i use the stud from the original seat mount? Then what about the points for the 5th and 6th points that run between the legs? should i just put it to a couple of eyelets that are mounted with a plate on either side of the floor pan for strength and bolted in?

hopefully that makes sense, i just want to make sure i pick the strongest points possible and im sure others have set these harnesses up plenty of times. :D