SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

But have another R33 for circuit.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the car to prove to some of the Vic crew that given the same nice mods their GTRs have it can be as quick, if not quicker at places like PI ;) Only you need to do it, then be kind enough to let me flog it a few Vic tracks :thumbsup:

I was doing some laps at a practice day at oran park gp a month or so back and Kerry Baily was there with his Z with glenn seton doing the driving. had a good close look at his car and it is very impressive. pretty sure phil ryall built that car.

Yes, Phil did. I built my engine under the watchful eye of Phil and my new 26/30 will also come under the same scrutiny. I start that build late Jan08 - off overseas for 4 months next week with work.

Great to see some shots of the car up for others to see and look farward to Evan :( . Can't wait to see it racing in QLD next year!

Edited by Simonster

insane amount of work must have gone into that s13 quiet acheiver, good luck looks like there is still plenty of work to do.

Will be good when finished,Evans a former State champion and currently the fastest man in WA with Radials and Pistons in his DR30 showen earlyer in this tread

www.scrawa.com

post-1901-1188123862_thumb.jpg

awesome work simon..

Yeh if you do..hit me up when you get back ill help you sort it all out. Next year you should hurry up and get a cage and come join us in the JDM class. We really need more cars in it.

Hey Michael,

I'll probably need all the help i can get with the dry sump if i go that route!

Yes, the cage is on the list of things to do. Ultimately, I am keen to enter JDM- would like to get a bit of experience just driving on the track, only driven on a race track 4 times now- still very green and have a lot to learn:blush:

What sort of cage would i need?

Simon, just get a cams manual, pick a design you like and then get one made like that. For QR, im sure any real cage will suffice so long as its not a jap bolt in cage as they have too many bends in the front supports. But a cams approved cage will get you into pretty well any circuit racing.

hi guys

well cage is in and car is painted inside!! and outside is being prepped and painted now, should

be painted tomorrow.

all that in a week and a bit!!

will keep ya updated

cheers russ

post-17546-1188179503_thumb.jpg

hi guys

well cage is in and car is painted inside!! and outside is being prepped and painted now, should

be painted tomorrow.

all that in a week and a bit!!

will keep ya updated

cheers russ

post-17546-1188179503_thumb.jpg

Very nice cage.

But my first thought was: That looks like a prick to get in and out of :P

Very nice cage.

But my first thought was: That looks like a prick to get in and out of :)

funny you should say that !! as thats what i though as i am a fat barstard probably will need a removeable wheel.

and we have exactly nine days left to finish it :P , to get to the test day a wakefield

list of whats left!

paint exterior

refit glass

paint fit new doors and lexan windows(not here yet!)

fit bonnet latches (flush type)

refit dash around cage and seats etc

fit new suspension (not here yet)

wheel alignment

wire new radiator fans and run oil cooler lines

make intercooler pipe

fit hypertune six throttle body manifold

dyno tune engine and test dry sump setup

hmmm bit of a tight schedule

oh well who needs sleep

cheers russ

funny you should say that !! as thats what i though as i am a fat barstard probably will need a removeable wheel.

and we have exactly nine days left to finish it :glare: , to get to the test day a wakefield

list of whats left!

paint exterior

refit glass

paint fit new doors and lexan windows(not here yet!)

fit bonnet latches (flush type)

refit dash around cage and seats etc

fit new suspension (not here yet)

wheel alignment

wire new radiator fans and run oil cooler lines

make intercooler pipe

fit hypertune six throttle body manifold

dyno tune engine and test dry sump setup

hmmm bit of a tight schedule

cheers russ

oh well who needs sleep

Hey Russ cage is looking good mate will post some pics of mine tonight.If you guys want a hand with anything over the weekend just give me a call and I can come up and lend a hand if not I should be starting on my engine over the weekend still alot to do on my car but I am definately not on as tight a scheduele as Mark and yourself.I will give you a call soon to catch up anyway. Take it as easy as you can mate.

oh well who needs sleep

Hey Russ cage is looking good mate will post some pics of mine tonight.If you guys want a hand with anything over the weekend just give me a call and I can come up and lend a hand if not I should be starting on my engine over the weekend still alot to do on my car but I am definately not on as tight a scheduele as Mark and yourself.I will give you a call soon to catch up anyway. Take it as easy as you can mate.

thanks forthe offer mate!

i will talk to you before the weekend when we know what bits we have.

if we get the stuff we are waiting on then a hand would be great.

speak soon russ