SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Ouch... Were you ok?

Are you going to re-shell?

yeah i was fine, very lucky. thank god i had a do-luck rear floor brace as that took most of the impact and didn't allow that section of the car to be push in so much.

Not sure if im going to re-shell or sell up and buy a GTR :) however next car will be 100% Track only, not making the same mistake twice track car = street car = major headaches and too much money

Edited by Kaido_RR

My Rally Car.

Its the 2nd car ive built for the Amsag southern cross rally series. Its a 1993 S13 Silvia with SR20DET.

I am actually disappointed im not going to Southern Mountains anymore this year. AMSAG events look like alot of fun.

Would love to know a bit more about this car, IE how you go for suspension travel etc

My team mate wants to upgrade to an EVO but I think something like this would be more fun and cheaper.

How does the s13 go on dirt?

Well compared to my 120y its unreal, but you would want to hope so lol

I am actually disappointed im not going to Southern Mountains anymore this year. AMSAG events look like alot of fun.

Would love to know a bit more about this car, IE how you go for suspension travel etc

My team mate wants to upgrade to an EVO but I think something like this would be more fun and cheaper.

They are, the class of events and the competition lately have been extremely good.

The Silvia is only a new project i finished building in April. Its done 2 events the Amsag Cowra shire rally and the Orange rally last weekend. Its still in the testing period really but has already proven itself with a couple of very competitive stage times.

Suspension travel seems fine i am actually talking to Murray Coote at the moment as to what we can do with the car because of the last event being its first proper gravel rally with big gutters and jumps the suspension i had died after the first stage. We did suspect this would happen as it was only tein superstreets with my own springs i had made and really was just a guess to get us started. Brakes i have also not upgraded as yet but already have some R32 items waiting to go on. Car is making 320hp at the rears so power is not a problem in fact its on the verge off too mutch as its hard to stop wheel spin.

Its looking to be a great little car and a lot of people are interestred in it already i suspect there will be a few more being made up sooner rather than later.

Here are a couple of in car vids from its very first event it was suffering over boost at this one so no full throttle but was still fun to drive this was fixed by a nice 38mm external gate.

They are certainly a cheaper opiton to an evo or subaru, the little SR20 so far seems a great little engine it has a nice big intercooler and a oil cooler and temps are staying within a safe level.

The car copped an absolute pounding at the last one and apart from a few big dents in the sump guard and a cracked front bar everything else seems perfect which i was pretty suprised with.

about 3 or 4 years ago I was doing a track day at oran park GP circuit there was an older gentleman there with a S13 SR20 silvia that was set-up for dirt rally. It was very standard engine wise just running boost up, ecu and exhaust. he had spent all his money on the rest of the car. had proper long travel dirt suspension (was either DMS or MCA, can't remember), had proper cage, terratrip, coms etc inside and apart from that used khumo semi's (may have been slicks). anyway I went for a few passenger laps with the guy and it was actually one of the fastest cars on the day amongst some pretty good machinery. he said it was great on dirt too. he was running around a 1:18 lap time at oran GP which was bloody fast 4 years ago especially for a silvia that would have been putting out 150rwkw max. the guy was a good steerer though too.

lovely guy, I wish I could remember his name, but he was competing with that silvia in NSW state dirt rally stuff.

Yeh keeps me smiling for sure.

BB, i can't say i have seen that one but i know of a couple around the suspension is def important in these things like all circuit/rally cars, so im looking forward to getting something decent for it.

Hi Jason,

How is Jamie and the boys down at waterhouse Auto care? I haven't dropped in to see him in ages! I must stop by with a jimmy and cola one day and catch up.

S13 looks like it has the goods mate, and Jamie has heaps of experience with both 120Y's and rallying, which I'm guessing is where you met him? Is Rae still driving his 120 or has he been back in the series?

Good luck out there mate and remember,

Stay sidewayz Kidz,

Dan.

Hi Jason,

How is Jamie and the boys down at waterhouse Auto care? I haven't dropped in to see him in ages! I must stop by with a jimmy and cola one day and catch up.

S13 looks like it has the goods mate, and Jamie has heaps of experience with both 120Y's and rallying, which I'm guessing is where you met him? Is Rae still driving his 120 or has he been back in the series?

Good luck out there mate and remember,

Stay sidewayz Kidz,

Dan.

Hey mate

Yeh i met him a few years ago with the 120y he helped me out with a few good ideas on what to do with it.

He has been a great help with the S13, Also with the tuning side of things and gave me a hand building the engine and Eddie does all the exhaust work for it.

He is doing well busy as always but always looks after me, i have seen your avatar picture on the wall there come to think of it

He isnt using the 120y much at the moment, though he did 1 event earlier this year Rae has prolly used it more than him lately lol, but more recently she has been co-driving for Ashby in an older S12 Silvia.

Thought I'd throw a few pics up of my race car....R32 GTS-t

I've been doing all the local sprints and hill climbs for the last few years including some gravel stuff and just recreantly did the car up to rally specs and raced it in my first tarmac rally which was mt stuart sprint in Townsville nrth qld. The last pic is what happens when you back it in to mt stuart at pace....I think luck was on my side....

post-25231-1277855791_thumb.jpg

post-25231-1277855864_thumb.jpg

post-25231-1277855931_thumb.jpg

post-25231-1277855975_thumb.jpg

post-25231-1277856043_thumb.jpg

post-25231-1277856215_thumb.jpg

nice GTST. I have to say that navigators foot rest is a work of art! can I ask who made that or where did you get it from? it's almost too good to rest a shoe on....almost. ;)