SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

dammmmmmmit.

Why did I have to open this thread?

man....I think I might turn my 33 into a full tracky!

Currently she goes well in motokhana's like DECA and some supersprints, just thinking now, tidy a few things up, get some more $$$ and enter some more events, would love to do Dutton but I think my cash flow isnt there :P

speaking of Dutton....

How do you guys go about it with sponsers???

Where are you getting the lexan windows from and approx how much each?

i am getting them made through hi octane, if i havent recieved them yet so i dont have a price.

if you ring hi octane racing in sydney they may line a set up for you, i think they only have a pattern for the door windows so far.

i do know you can buy a gtr lexan kit from ikeya formula.

cheers russ

dammmmmmmit.

Why did I have to open this thread?

man....I think I might turn my 33 into a full tracky!

Currently she goes well in motokhana's like DECA and some supersprints, just thinking now, tidy a few things up, get some more $$$ and enter some more events, would love to do Dutton but I think my cash flow isnt there :P

speaking of Dutton....

How do you guys go about it with sponsers???

hi mate

if you have done a few events , you will love having a full track car, just try to make sure you know what you want.!

our car started off as a road car with a bit of weekend fun. now it is basically a registered track car rally car!

cant use it on the roads anymore.

also as others have said if you can do without it during the week it's a lot less stress when something breaks or you have an incident at the track! rather tracking you everday road car.

as far as duttons go, they are great but can get expensive trying to do more than one( but great fun:) )

sprints . hillclimbs, circuit club meets all a blast and fairly cheap.

with sponsors it is hard but some mileage can be had from events like the dutton because of the good media coverage.

results always help too and a good approach toward what you can achieve for the sponsor.

some of the most fun i have had , have also been the cheapest events i have entered.

and met some really good people along the way.

cheers russ

oh well who needs sleep

Hey Russ cage is looking good mate will post some pics of mine tonight.If you guys want a hand with anything over the weekend just give me a call and I can come up and lend a hand if not I should be starting on my engine over the weekend still alot to do on my car but I am definately not on as tight a scheduele as Mark and yourself.I will give you a call soon to catch up anyway. Take it as easy as you can mate.

If you got some parts you need washing ill come up with dazza and give you guys a hand too. :laugh:

giant,

Thanks for the reply mate - much appreciated :laugh:

Ive got an R31 gxe as my daily so no problem with not driving the R33 all the time and if anything wrong, Ive still got transport!

I guess Im stuck at what to do now?

well....I know the car is going in for a Z32 AFM and injectors and powerFC retune

I then need a better diff...

other than that?

I guess strip the inside?

Would I benefit with a half rear cage in the car for my level?

plenty of locals can make lexen windows, pretty much any plastic/perspex place can cut them. Ours are getting done at a place in Castle Hill (don't have details atm) but will be under $500 front, rear and sides.

good luck getting it together Russ, there's nothing like a deadline to motivate

what our car is legal!! :)

it's lightly modded! haha

yeah looks like we will miss wakefield on the 7th as suspension wont get here till the 4/5th! but will will keep the deadline anyway as is it booked in for dyno tune on tuesday.

fineline i hope to have it a QR before japan , i will have to see what's on once it's running(more likely to be a wednesday test at morgan park)

and thanks matty , i will know how much stuff we have to do later this week

cheers russ

hey 88silhouette have i drunk piss with you at wakefield ??

what our car is legal!! :)

it's lightly modded! haha

yeah looks like we will miss wakefield on the 7th as suspension wont get here till the 4/5th! but will will keep the deadline anyway as is it booked in for dyno tune on tuesday.

fineline i hope to have it a QR before japan , i will have to see what's on once it's running(more likely to be a wednesday test at morgan park)

and thanks matty , i will know how much stuff we have to do later this week

cheers russ

hey 88silhouette have i drunk piss with you at wakefield ??

gday russ yeah thats correct mate

fatz and i crashed the night in the common room of the wakefield park cabins

that morning we got charged full price accommodation when we tried to drive out unawares..

Good luck with the project giant, it will be nice to see you guys and the beast again at QR.

I think QR next print day is on Sat the 15th of Sep

Duncan, how much weight did you shave off with the lexen? I don't see why it should be illegal....if anything it will help to cushion the pedestrian head during an accident :)

gday russ yeah thats correct mate

fatz and i crashed the night in the common room of the wakefield park cabins

that morning we got charged full price accommodation when we tried to drive out unawares..

that was a good weekend !! we need to catch up again!!

hopefully soon

cheers russ

Some pics of the cage in my R33GTR the car is coming along nicely. Suspension and Brakes are done just waiting on some bits at the machine shop to make a start on the engine then the real fun can begin. :D

post-15992-1188378560_thumb.jpg

post-15992-1188378577_thumb.jpg

Some pics of the cage in my R33GTR the car is coming along nicely. Suspension and Brakes are done just waiting on some bits at the machine shop to make a start on the engine then the real fun can begin. :blink:

nice looking cage mate! i bet you cant wait to get racing it! :O

seeya soon russ

will try get the car ready have atest at the sat arvo sprints at QR on the 15th... body got painted tonight , hopefully some photo's tomorrow