SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

nice looking cage mate! i bet you cant wait to get racing it! ;)

seeya soon russ

will try get the car ready have atest at the sat arvo sprints at QR on the 15th... body got painted tonight , hopefully some photo's tomorrow

WOOOTNESS :blink::O

Some pics of the cage in my R33GTR the car is coming along nicely. Suspension and Brakes are done just waiting on some bits at the machine shop to make a start on the engine then the real fun can begin. :D

hey dazmo,

where did u get this done and roughly how much?

thanks bud

hey dazmo,

where did u get this done and roughly how much?

thanks bud

He mate I had it done at third dimension race fabriction on the gold coast 0422412593 Ben Van de linde is the guys name. I stripped the car and dropped it of to him he had the car for around 1 - 1.5 weeks and total cost was $2800 he did a really good job got all the bars really close to the a pillars and roof and all the welds are really neat. I am extremely happy with his work and would highly reccomend him to anyone. The cage is made from CDS and is fully cams approved and will be RTA approved once i get the final inspection done and the mod plate signed off.

hi gents

car is painted & hypertune six throttle body intake manifold has turned up! awsome!

post-17546-1188460150_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1188460236_thumb.jpg

cheers russ

Looking awesome!

Shoot me a PM when ur running in QLD would love to come see it, ill try chase u down in the 35 ;)

Looking awesome!

Shoot me a PM when ur running in QLD would love to come see it, ill try chase u down in the 35 :D

Make that 2 Russell. I will be chasing after you in my other track/street car

phoenix.JPG

I think I will need a few more ricer hondas to block u at the front though

hi gents

car is painted & hypertune six throttle body intake manifold has turned up! awsome!

post-17546-1188460150_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1188460236_thumb.jpg

cheers russ

Hey mate, any chance you'll be at QR around the first or second week of september? my brothers wife is dew around then and i'll be up in brisbane for a week or so i'd love to come check it out.

Hey mate, any chance you'll be at QR around the first or second week of september? my brothers wife is dew around then and i'll be up in brisbane for a week or so i'd love to come check it out.

maybe at QR on the 15th fingers crossed!

cheers russ

if your still free and in the country...come whoop all our asses in rd3 of the state championships! 29th and 30th september.

I would rather be beaten by another nissan then a stupid toyota.

Edited by r33_racer

if your still free and in the country...come whoop all our asses in rd3 of the state championships! 29th and 30th september.

I would rather be beaten by another nissan then a stupid toyota.

especially a pink one lol

we run the hoosier semi's and dunlop full slicks. Depends what we can get at the time.

Yeh johns car did a 54.3 on full slicks on the sprint track at the last top gear day. Reckons he still has more in it...i hope hes lieing.

worth while posting this question in this thread...

Ok - Is there any benefit for a rear half cage for a streeter/trackie?

I think Richard (BB) has one in his GTR, so I guess Im just after a wee bit of discussion on that area.

My 33 is bascially now, rarely driven on the road, Ive got a daily R31 so Id rather have the 33 well set for 'khana's and sprints but just wondering bout the rear haf cages

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris

Yeh johns car did a 54.3 on full slicks on the sprint track at the last top gear day. Reckons he still has more in it...i hope hes lying.

haha - i watched it at one event in the rain - was quite entertaining - lol

Awesome, good to see you're back on the track. How was it switching over to meth, would you recommend it?

its definately more agressive on methanol and runs cooler but theres more maintainance involved

will find out more in october when we run it with 28 x 10 tyres and a bigger converter

worth while posting this question in this thread...

Ok - Is there any benefit for a rear half cage for a streeter/trackie?

I think Richard (BB) has one in his GTR, so I guess Im just after a wee bit of discussion on that area.

My 33 is bascially now, rarely driven on the road, Ive got a daily R31 so Id rather have the 33 well set for 'khana's and sprints but just wondering bout the rear haf cages

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris

i've got that kansai cage in my gtr, two bars down near your legs to the front and the rest is just the rear cage section, you surely notice the car is more stiff and feels tight! tho there is also the whole kansai package on my car with all under bracing also..