SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Awesome times, Slicks or semi slicks??

265-17 Dunlop slicks Mathew. Car is only 2WD so getting traction out of corners on semi-slicks would stop me from getting those times. They were used slicks and were definately not as good as they were when new. Even new they couldn't put the power down properly so I now have a set of Panasport 17x12 rims for rear and 10's for the front so I can run some Sports Sedan 300x17 tyres on rear. With the extra traction from those Im expecting to better all times.

I'm also halfway through fitting up a dual master cylinder setup with balance-bar and in-dash adjuster so I can play with the bias. Also looking to improve the rear brakes as currently they are just stock JZA80 Supra.

Right - I feel I can put my car in here now even though it is still street registered. :)

1999 R34 GT-R V Spec. The whole focus of the cars build has been towards winning the Dutton Rallies. And finally on the weekend we were able to win Dutton Vic :)

Car has a built 2.6L with twin 2860-5's. Tein RS suspension, complete R33 drivetrain, half cage with side intrusion bars and a bunch of other goodies.

DuttonVic1.jpg

DuttonVic2.jpg

DSLR_14_resize.jpg

I agree 100% definatley the Nissan throttle body helping with the speed. Very impressive lap times there will look forward to seeing your car in action sometime soon. I hope i can match or better those times when my car is finnished (depending on driver skill) as it will be a bit demoralizing being beaten by a toyota little own a bright pink one. :)

Sounds good, which car will you be using? Im assuming its the R32 in the avatar?

You will of course be dropping the front tailshaft, right? :)

The gearing in the R34 6 speed is too short in 1st for the cone stuff at the Dutton Rallies. But more than that the whole gearbox in the R33 is much nicer to use than the 6 speed getrag. The R34 has that stupid 3.54 diff which was designed to give some rediculous top speed that will never be used but it also meant that even though the car had 6 gears there was "gaps" in the rev ranges at some tracks. The R33 gearbox / diff combination is just much better all round. I also have taken out the V spec diff and put in a non-v spec mechanical which has been tightened up. Much nicer than the V spec diffs especially on the skidpans.

Right - I feel I can put my car in here now even though it is still street registered. :)

1999 R34 GT-R V Spec. The whole focus of the cars build has been towards winning the Dutton Rallies. And finally on the weekend we were able to win Dutton Vic :D

Car has a built 2.6L with twin 2860-5's. Tein RS suspension, complete R33 drivetrain, half cage with side intrusion bars and a bunch of other goodies.

whats involved with going that way, more so the tailshaft??

i've gone the oppisite and i have a 34 box in my 32 but i keep getting questions as to what i have done with the tailshaft

we had to moddify a R33 tailshaft into an R34 one. I didnt do it so I don't know the full story I just know the tail shaft is part of each one now. I know the standard tailshafts were the wrong length which is why the mods had to be done.

Sounds good, which car will you be using? Im assuming its the R32 in the avatar?

You will of course be dropping the front tailshaft, right? :)

I am actually in the process of building an R33GTR for track use hopeing to have it ready for the indy ralley in oct but am starting to cut it fine on having it finnished in time I will be keeping that front drive shaft though.I will just be running semi slicks so with your full slicks that should even up the traction issue a little.

we had to moddify a R33 tailshaft into an R34 one. I didnt do it so I don't know the full story I just know the tail shaft is part of each one now. I know the standard tailshafts were the wrong length which is why the mods had to be done.

ok sweet i think thats similar to what i know about it also. joined the 32 one to the 34 and its the right length or something along them lines.

i love the 34 box tho! tho have only driven eastern creek