SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

I do, and I like it. Couldn't tell you how much the throw was lessened, but I'd say maybe 30%?? Either way, I'm not particularly kind to my box, so I'm not too phased by the prospect of damage and therefore see no reason not to have one.

Personal preference though.

Since there is alot of track guys here, how many of u use short shifters, if so 10 or 30% less throw?

I dont mind my standard gearstick but if there is ANY improvement from a shorter throw ill change it

cheers

We use one don't know the % but it would be closer to 30 than 10, it's about the first change I made....well worthwhile

looks brilliant tacker!

26630gts, I don't run one and don't think they are a good idea. Time to change gear is still limited by how quickly the synchros can get to the right revs (unless you are one of these lucky people with dog boxes). Short Shifter lets you select against the synchro quicker and force it in, significantly increasing wear in the process. Since 99% of GTR gearboxes have rooted synchros, a quicker shift is the last thing you need.

wow thats turned up great tracker.

is that a gtr tho?

i'm not sure but maybe the colour or photo looses the flair profile

Yep she sure is a GTR and i think the camera lens fogged up a little this morning when i pulled it out of the car. I will have some proper pics done on friday, and i will post them when there done.