SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

hey stupid toyota

sorry to hear about your head gasket issue, as you say that racing.

i'm sure you'll proably be playing cars on the weekend then too!

what's a decent time on the clubman?

russ

no idea to be truthful the blue patrol is not mine it was just parked next to my car in the shop. Its a sand racer and 1300hp nissan patrol engine

1300hp RB30? DAMN!!!!!

Whats it got inside as far as internals go?

Also how do you stop the block from exploding?!?!

Those sand races are awesome to watch :ninja:

my race machine, this was taken a few months before i banged it into that wall just behind it there in the picture.

r32 gtr on the way.

*drool*

abit of a downgrade going to a gtr?

race spec 600 hp gtr will be quicker and handle easier but be chaeaper to fix after a prang- (cost almost as much too), this tail happy bitch is the best car i ever fanged on a track though (its unchanged from factory and does 12.3's with no turbo), sounds awesome but cost a fortune when somethiong breaks and i broke lots of things. repair bill for current prang more than 100k.

Edited by nedi

race spec 600 hp gtr will be quicker and handle easier but be chaeaper to fix after a prang- (cost almost as much too), this tail happy bitch is the best car i ever fanged on a track though (its unchanged from factory and does 12.3's with no turbo), sounds awesome but cost a fortune when somethiong breaks and i broke lots of things. repair bill for current prang more than 100k.

damn thats a big bill! i see why you went for the gtr :ninja:

hey john

you dont have time to be on here get back to fixing the head gasket!! :worship:

come to think of it, i should be in the shed too!

cheers russ

LOL, Ive been busted...

I'm taking my time with it I must admit. Barely touched it today, serviced the work ute instead.

Looking into a few upgrades because it sounds like I might be chasing your times again with all the mods you've been making :(

Might even start on a new engine for the car, for next year. Won't go for any more power initially as 2WD is pretty limiting currently. More like less weight, better distribution and bigger brakes.

hey thanks fellas

yeah the car does look alright! they did a really good job because the car was very dirty and looking a little worse for wear after the dutton and that was about a week later.

richard - the stack is great and really easy to read at speed especially whe nyou get a warning indicator come up and the tacho is everything!!!

hey john i dont think you have to worry to much about our times! i have seen your car in action and it's a real credit to you.

cheers russ

sounds good. I will try some rear toe in, and some less caster. I get doug heasman to do it for me. he uses old school equipment. I too had massive problems with laser equipment not being even close to accurate. you put it on the machine 3 times and you get 3 different figures. I mean, they had a workshop fan and when it was on the force of that air onto the car made the alignment readings jump around. after I saw that I gave up on the laser machines and now only get doug to do it with his setsquares and dials. :P

Ive had no problems with laser equipment at the bridgestone i use. I know the guy there as we send alot of business their way, and long story short do the spanner work under the car, watching the figures change untill im happy. I also have someone roughly 70kg sit in the driver seat for me while this is going on.

On the printout you get it lists old alignment and the new. Every time i went back in to re adjust the alignments it had not changed at all from before.

my final settings were(full sk package)

camber front 2.0 neg each side

castor max around 6

toe 2mm out each side

camber rear 1.5 neg each side

toe zero

im pretty confident that if i went back now and put it on the laser gear it wouldnt have changed. Unless u hit a pot hole its really not going to change that much, it would have been six months since ive had one so ill have to get it back around there soon and see.

crap stories aside, can someone show me a pic of these traction rods fitted to their 32 gtr? would love to find an improvement in my suspension alignment area

and giant, your car is possibly the best looking 32 ive seen!!!!

Edited by 2630GTS

Ive had no problems with laser equipment at the bridgestone i use. I know the guy there as we send alot of business their way, and long story short do the spanner work under the car, watching the figures change untill im happy. I also have someone roughly 70kg sit in the driver seat for me while this is going on.

On the printout you get it lists old alignment and the new. Every time i went back in to re adjust the alignments it had not changed at all from before.

my final settings were(full sk package)

camber front 2.0 neg each side

castor max around 6

toe 2mm out each side

camber rear 1.5 neg each side

toe zero

im pretty confident that if i went back now and put it on the laser gear it wouldnt have changed. Unless u hit a pot hole its really not going to change that much, it would have been six months since ive had one so ill have to get it back around there soon and see.

crap stories aside, can someone show me a pic of these traction rods fitted to their 32 gtr? would love to find an improvement in my suspension alignment area

and giant, your car is possibly the best looking 32 ive seen!!!!

it may seem fine. and laser alinger may be top shelf for a truck or whatever and maybe some laser machines are better than others. this was the latest beissbarth machine. maybe 1 month old when I used it. and it doesn't take a genius to figure out where they fall down. they have those 4 massive things hanging off each wheel so the slightest movement with the car or someone farting etc sets them moving and figures bounce around. old school is best. trust me. we are talking tenths of a mil in measurement either so the amount of accuracy is crucial and those type of machines just don't have it.

I'll see if I can get you a pic of the traction rods.

there you go (it's the gold ikeya arm):

picture227bj0.jpg