SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Called Garry Blackman trimming back today, after not getting a call back, and apparently they don't do flocking... but they can cover the dash. Have to take the dash in for a quote.

I might try somewhere else though, as I don't like the place, shall keep you guys updated.

loving the new wheels and seats, dropped the weight noticeably and feels comfortable.

weight is in pounds, minus driver and 3/4 tank.

pics from a holden motorkhana on the weekend just gone by, 3rd in my class outright and overall 6th with class handicap.

1344.5kg not shabby for a whale Eug ;)

Some pics of the Evo 3 after a quick wash. Its a pretty cool car (less the stupid wind deflectors and ghey mud flaps) and hopefully I can start pulling it's guts apart when I get back from spending the next week O/S... RX7 completion date might end up slipping again!

post-5400-1224815704_thumb.jpg post-5400-1224815711_thumb.jpg

PS. Yes I know this is a Skyline forum, but my 33 is pretty unexciting!

lol!

Maybe finish the rx7 then do the evo? Wouldnt that be easier than doing them both at the same time?

Says the guy doing up an R32 and a Poopra at the same :P :P

car looks good mate. do I spy a new cage? or just got the cusco one tagged to the a pillar? bummer on the valve though :( dropped valve is never pretty. expect to get some absract art fall out when you take the sump off....

BB for a unit ya never miss a trick do you!

Yer its got a full weld in now, had to, this series has been taken over by the ASN of the FIA. And hasnt it made a difference finally letting your good old circuit masters do their finest, hadly even feel the curbs mate and the old car when it is running, is as quick as anything else out there now. Have dropped from a 1.12 second lap to a 1.08 but i guess 540 hp help with that too :-)

Anyway car did a 1.10.8 in the warm up laps (4 ) i was doing for the Dunlop engineers ( we get full support from Dunlop this year fitting, temp, pressure checks etc Yea ) come in for the guys to check temps accross the tyre and she is only running on 5. Still was the 4 fastest time of the day. So the old girl has some potenial it would seem just need to keep it on the track, had not missed a beat for months either sniffffffff.

Anyway engine has been pulled head off and surprise its not that bad, piston has hit the valve but for the life of me cant work out how the valve dropped. The sim had been dislodged but that could have been after the contact with the piston apart from that didnt find any thing else apart from a bent valve as you would expect. Timing belt was correct, collets still in place no other valves touched any piston. Only thing we can think of is a bad valve spring or valve bounce even though i didnt get near the rev limiter, though they were all tested before being instaled.

So now need to find a set of springs, type A good for 8500 rpm in a real hurry engine has to be back together for next week, and its tough to locate parts for this car here.

Any suggestions on who to contact would be appriciated

BB for a unit ya never miss a trick do you!

Yer its got a full weld in now, had to, this series has been taken over by the ASN of the FIA. And hasnt it made a difference finally letting your good old circuit masters do their finest, hadly even feel the curbs mate and the old car when it is running, is as quick as anything else out there now. Have dropped from a 1.12 second lap to a 1.08 but i guess 540 hp help with that too :-)

Anyway car did a 1.10.8 in the warm up laps (4 ) i was doing for the Dunlop engineers ( we get full support from Dunlop this year fitting, temp, pressure checks etc Yea ) come in for the guys to check temps accross the tyre and she is only running on 5. Still was the 4 fastest time of the day. So the old girl has some potenial it would seem just need to keep it on the track, had not missed a beat for months either sniffffffff.

Anyway engine has been pulled head off and surprise its not that bad, piston has hit the valve but for the life of me cant work out how the valve dropped. The sim had been dislodged but that could have been after the contact with the piston apart from that didnt find any thing else apart from a bent valve as you would expect. Timing belt was correct, collets still in place no other valves touched any piston. Only thing we can think of is a bad valve spring or valve bounce even though i didnt get near the rev limiter, though they were all tested before being instaled.

So now need to find a set of springs, type A good for 8500 rpm in a real hurry engine has to be back together for next week, and its tough to locate parts for this car here.

Any suggestions on who to contact would be appriciated

good stuff mate. glad to hear the teins are doing the job. they are good gear on a quick track GTR. often over looked by people who have had bad experiences with the entry level teins (which can be pretty crap). but as I always say, teins are just bilsteins without the big BILL. lol.

weird one on the valve. I was half way through your post and went "yep broken collet!" but seems that was not the case. hard to say then what it was, but obviously some event happend where piston and valve head wanted to be in the same place at the same time.

I would go tomei type A's as a minium. they are cheap, but certainly not the best out there. the type C tomeis are the pick of their lot (obviously I guess) as the use dual springs. but there must be cheaper options for dual springs out there.

Yep BB very strange to say the least some thing has happen to let the spring drop and the shim to dislodge.

Piston is still fine hardly even marked itso it must have only just been touching for a short while lucky i did 4 laps instead of 5 :-)

Found a set of A's here mate but at a vastly inflated price as usual. Just waiting on new bottom end bolts (rods and mains). All parts cleaned and ready to go back together yet again. this engine has been in and out 6 times now and 6 is a lucky number for me.... well i hope it is:-)

And hasnt it made a difference finally letting your good old circuit masters do their finest, hadly even feel the curbs mate and the old car when it is running, i

Keep it to yourself though. :O I cannot get over how well my car rode the bumps and kerbs when i went from the Bilsteins with bugger all spring to the Circuit Masters with higher spring rates. The car is a complete revelation on terack, cant really comment on the street as the cage and semi stripped interior makes the car noiser as hell so hard to tell re harshness on the road. But, yeh....good things and really makes you wonder about the general belief that all Teins are crap compared to Koni and Bilsteins etc