SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

But, yeh....good things and really makes you wonder about the general belief that all Teins are crap compared to Koni and Bilsteins etc

general belief or highly biased SAU belief? Can't ask a question in suspension and braking without being directed to a group buy these days....

Edited by BHDave

the car looks great tacker, love the colour and wheels combo too! What sort of teins are u running? im building a full track spec gtr at the moment and looking for a decent set of coilovers, something thats easily adjustable and not running circlip grooves lol, i dont mind about not streetable etc as it wont ever see the road. The car is a r32 and will be totally striped out with fuel cell, etc, ill post pics when i make some more progress.

he's using my old Tein circuit master type RA's. they are pretty good. mono tube, all alloy, big piston race biased damper. hard to find these days though. but very good. easy to set-up too.

picture023bs6.jpg

picture007rm5.jpg

and tacker, I did put the pepper grinder in there I swear! lol. but either my old man saw it before he posted them for me and pulled it out thinking WTF? or the post office chucked it out thinking it would be a customs problem. bastards!!

next time you're in sydney come over and you can use it to pepper up a good steak. :D

Hmmmm good old Aussie steak, medium rare, pepper sauce....oiiiii you not asking me out on a date are ya BB :-)

:Priaa.gif

umm, there is nothing suspect going on I swear. I like chicks... whatever fatz told you about me is bullshit.

Jack runs the RA's too, and was doing very quick times so they seem like a really good thing. I wouldn't mind some :P

lol, me too! if I wasn't broke at the time I wouldn't have sold mine. should have kept them in the arsenal as they are bloody hard to find now, and in my cupboard I had used rears and brand new fronts. d'oh!

lol, me too! if I wasn't broke at the time I wouldn't have sold mine. should have kept them in the arsenal as they are bloody hard to find now, and in my cupboard I had used rears and brand new fronts. d'oh!

At least you still have your pimpin' Nismos! How do they compare?

Now i do :P

At least you still have your pimpin' Nismos! How do they compare?

yeah the nismo ohlins I have are good too. probably better even (more adustment and remote canisters), but about 10 times harder to set-up right. the teins probably work a bit better out of the box and are definitely easier to tune, but I guess ultimately if I stick with it I'll get a better result out of what I have, it's just a shitload harder to get there. :P and I'm lazy. I would have kept them but I just got stuck at the time with more parts than money! at least they went to a good home and I'm sure tacker is making the most of them :ninja:

oh, and the nismo ohlins look hardcore from behind when you can see the canisters poking out... so there tacker.. hehe.

Mmmmmmmm canisters... :P

You're right about the adjustability - laziness correlation. I put Koni double adjustables in the Clubbie and I haven't touched them. Not even once. Not even at the hillclimb I did a few weeks back. Ahhhh, wouldn't it be nice to not be so lazy?!

oh, and the nismo ohlins look hardcore from behind when you can see the canisters poking out... so there tacker.. hehe.

fatz tells me there is sorts of things sticking from out behind you BB least of all canisters :P But ifn ya want hard core some 285 slicks view is hard core mate not nambie pambie semi's LOL

Jack runs the RA's too, and was doing very quick times so they seem like a really good thing. I wouldn't mind some :sick:

I used to run the RA's, currently have RS's, remote cannisters FTW!!

Seriously didn't notice that much of difference between the two, RS's have more adjustability, but I have never touched the settings since Ben installed them.

Out of the box they're not bad, but after Ben modified them they are amazing... :laugh:

fatz tells me there is sorts of things sticking from out behind you BB least of all canisters :ermm: But ifn ya want hard core some 285 slicks view is hard core mate not nambie pambie semi's LOL

fatz would know. he drives like his momma so he's often stuck behind people gazing at their behinds..

mmm some slicks would be nice though. but I think for the 285s i'd need to take a slide hammer to my guards!

The best of both worlds! I don't think I've ver seen the RS's before.

I'm jealous of your canisters :ermm:

yep, RS are the step up from the RAs. same specs but with canisters and the 4 way adjustment instead of 2 way. I don't know if they still make either of the RA or RS any more sadly.

RS are awesome i have a set in my r33; me also lazy and just have them set on the softest setting lol.

If i remember right they still make the RS for the RX7, and i think you can special order them for other cars direct from tein *THINK*

marchan3000img600x48011qy1.jpg

Edited by [Michael]