SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

engine finally back together ;) but we found that the manifold is wrap so need to take it off and replace it or machine it, also need to make up a catch can too.

needs a tune asap, stock pfc map, 5000rpm limiter, and used 40L of fuel in 163km lol

img3186mediumti9.jpg

where's the fuse box?

Awesome shots, awesome car Chris!

On a side note....

I have been looking around at cars to get into motorsport a bit more.

I have found one....its rego'd in QLD and mod plated there, also cams log booked and road registered.

Its a 1994 mx5 clubman, but my main concern is getting it rego'd in NSW

Is it going to be a hassle to get it rego'd down here?

the mod plates covers the roll cage, seats and harnesess.

I just dont want to sell my 33 and buy this and then not be able to rego it here!

Coming along nicely now...

Rebuilt and painted rear Brembo's, gearbox and 1 pce tailshaft in, trial fitted front CSC's, Engine in for good now...hopefully!

Dane!

I haven't been on sau for a while and i come in here and see some solid progress! :)

it's looking awesome mate, good work for sticking with it, can't wait to see it back out there...

where's the fuse box?

removed it, took out what wasn't needed and used a smaller box and put it directly underneath where it normally is. Did it to create space for the remount oil filter, i/c piping and now have a catch can there

on another note:

finally got the car tune; made an extra 30hp and has responds everywhere now and more torque too but still have an exh manifold leak, so looking at removing the stock manifold and getting a r31 house GTRS manifold

ee6833.jpg

ee6840.jpg

bad news is i won't be able to take the car to the track for another 6months due to a motorbike accident :)

Edited by [Michael]

Dane!

I haven't been on sau for a while and i come in here and see some solid progress! :banana:

it's looking awesome mate, good work for sticking with it, can't wait to see it back out there...

Surprised? :P

Thanks man, not too far off now. I'm entering PI on April 4th... time to get cracking!

Evil: As far as Vic goes, the QLD mod plate means nothing, and rego is like regging any other car so be careful. Not sure on NSW though, best to call the state rego office.

Michael: Awesome looking manifold mate

On a side note....

I have been looking around at cars to get into motorsport a bit more.

I have found one....its rego'd in QLD and mod plated there, also cams log booked and road registered.

Its a 1994 mx5 clubman, but my main concern is getting it rego'd in NSW

Is it going to be a hassle to get it rego'd down here?

the mod plates covers the roll cage, seats and harnesess.

I just dont want to sell my 33 and buy this and then not be able to rego it here!

In theory it's a straight blue slip.

But most blue slip guys wouldn't touch it with the cage and seats. As long as you retain the stock seat belts you'd be ok with the harnesses.

You'll almost certainly be up for engineering costs, or if it's a bolt in cage, return to stock costs and then reinstallation and run the gauntlet of defects.

I would talk to your blue slip guy now, get his opinion on what he will and wont pass as far as mods go, then get as many photos as possible and go see an engineer and get an opinion and costs.

Yeah how do you know which wire does what? :D

Looks so far Mick!

Well,

After a long time of "umming and ahhing" I have bought a car thats already set up to race!

I pick it up in a couple of weeks because Im going to the US on monday for 2 weeks, but as you can see, skyline is up for sale !

When Im back I'll post photos :)

Mick, that is awesome. So pumped to see somebody put the effort into such a tidy track GTSt. Then you have Bens cool Targa GTSt... i have to lift my game to make sure my little slug keeps pace with the other GTSts in the build