SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

im sure your wealth of knowledge and performance part collection that you wont have any trouble. :D

Mick, that is awesome. So pumped to see somebody put the effort into such a tidy track GTSt. Then you have Bens cool Targa GTSt... i have to lift my game to make sure my little slug keeps pace with the other GTSts in the build

im sure your wealth of knowledge and performance part collection that you wont have any trouble. :P

Yeh, lol thats the problem. I am good at buyign shit and talking shit. But none of it ever makes its way onto my car or makes the car quicker :)

That said, SO pumped, hoping to be able to post up the old girl with her new paint, kit, turbo setup, exhaust and intercooler, brake setup, suspension, wheels, interior etc. Have had to park it since October 2007 to afford all this crap but pretty excited. I am betting the car will be slower then before... :D LOL usually the case when i fark with something that was not broken :)

I need to come up with a cool sticker for the bootlid that says GTSt Evo II as just about every performance part i have put on the car during the first 7 years of ownership has been replaced the past 12 months so constitutes the second evolution for the car :)

Cheers for the comments guys, and yeah now the fun of putting it back together. I plan to get some double bed blankets from vinnies and lay it over the interior to make it a little less painful when i drop a screwdriver or something :)

Plan to do as many track days as i can this year and then put the 30 in at the end of the year

Will post pics again once the brides, new nardi, pfc and nismo diff go in. Injectors are mostly done, put new plugs on etc just got to wire in the gtr resistor pack.

Roy, how long untill your car is ready, even just some progress pics :) and as far as commitment to the gtst goes im just trying to keep up with you!

Edited by Gts30t

So Ben / Mick...how mcuh weight does it really save and once the carpet is back in how much louder is it?

Roy, as you see I didn't start with a stripped shell so I didn't get the bitumen off the firewall etc, but I measured just under 9kg, about the same as swapping a std bonnet for a GTR bonnet, so worthwhile in my opinion. I don't run carpet, so for me it was mainly to clean it up for aesthetics with the bonus of a little weight. I figure if I'm chasing 2 and 3 kilo savings by using lighter wings etc, then 9kg for a few hours work is well worth it :P

How much noiser? No idea yet, haven't driven it, but since I'm always wearing a helmet, it won't worry me.

Roy, from memory it was about 13kg in total weight removed when i did mine. I dont have the carpet back in mine, with a cheap brand of tyers on the road its not too bad. Its when you hit a rock or in my case have to travel down 3k of dirt road that its loud.

Edited by Boss-zilla

If anyone hasn't come accross my build thread yet for my 32 heres the most recent shots. Just building it to mainly run hill climbs and tarmac sprints. N1 bottom end, gtr-s turbos, tomei head and dry sumped. Can't wait to get it finished.

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC01365.jpg