SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

hi

my race car toy (yes a girls car) but catch it if you can!!!!

260kw 850kg power to weight 3.2

post-37870-1234600006_thumb.jpg

dave

ps the other car is the bsm gtr :P

Aww that car is so cute!!!

It made me giggle last time I seen you out at OP...Awesome!!

Just got it home, havent even taken it off the trailer (neighbour is coming over after dinner to help) and im already posting pictures :)

nascup1.jpg

nascup2.jpg

nascup3.jpg

YAY!!!It's Finally here!! :/ Well Done :blink:

Go Ben!

Yup took 5mths longer than it should have because of the dollar crashing which caused a lot of headaches, long story short is instead of importing a brand new kit in pieces from usa (where they are made) i've bought there shop/demo car which is 100% turn key ready to race (well, if I could fit my fat ass into there sparco seat lol). Another bloke in Perth bought the other shop/demo car and that is all that is in the country and its likely to stay that way for awhile unless you want to spend $40k to buy 1.

Because of that its got the same engine used in the actual Aussie Racing Cars which is a 1200cc 125hp 5sp Yamaha motorbike engine. Yup a lot less power than the Hayabusa engine ive had sitting in the garage for the past 4mths but atleast this car is ready to go and if I need more power I can always do an engine swap next year after i've learnt how to steer it.

It weighs approx 540kg so it's not super light like a Radical or the Aussie Race Cars but its no 1500kg gtr, has a 1 piece fibreglass shell with removable engine/boot covers. Entry is via the hatch on the roof (like the american nascars have) has a normal pedal box, adjustable bias, autometer gauges, VL Turbo front calipers, VZ rear calipers with rotors from a Mustang, EBC pads and a fuel cell in the rear.

nascup4.jpg

nascup5.jpg

nascup6.jpg

nascup7.jpg

nascup8.jpg

nascup9.jpg

cool car ben! glad to see you got something finally. it is a shame they let you down so badly though. :D but hey, you've got 'a' car now so hop in and enjoy. take it up to maccas for some drive through I say....

(on the trailer of course...).

None, it is just for private trackdays, skidpans, hillclimbs etc. I don't have the money to go in any category (if any actually existed) its purely for fun.