SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Have done a few more bits and pieces to the car... the plan is PI on the 4th of April... *fingers crossed*

Making a template for the alloy boot false floor:

post-8405-1236208230_thumb.jpg

Finished floor

post-8405-1236208378_thumb.jpg

what sort of bracing is required to keep the rigidity when doing this?? is it riveted or glued in??

cheers

Linton

Well,

I didnt build it......just bought it!

Its just been engineered here in nsw (waiting for paper work) and is also a cams log booked car too.

*awaits hairdresser comments* :)

post-24539-1236377499_thumb.jpg

post-24539-1236377549_thumb.jpg

post-24539-1236377706_thumb.jpg

LOL @ mardi gras!!!!

It's a 94 clubman.

Motor is standard 1.8l, even standard exhaust and intake!!

Brakes are standard too, just has hawk pads, braided lines, master cylinder brace

Suspension has tein flex, whiteline front sway bar

6pt cage, sparco drivers seat, daytona passenger seat

Weighs just over 1000kg!

Racing it on Sunday at op gp!

Prev owner did a 1.27.3 on gp already!!

My plans,

Full exhaust, intake, rx7 calipers and that's it!!

I think it's going to be a great car to learn how to race properly in!! Can't wait!!!

Well,

I didnt build it......just bought it!

Its just been engineered here in nsw (waiting for paper work) and is also a cams log booked car too.

*awaits hairdresser comments* ;)

Hey dude, nice to meet you yesterday at Greg's.

I made it home safe. :banana: . Road car next to the track car.

Michael

DSC00940%20(Medium).JPG

Jay! Yeah but most likely next year? Will see how it goes! Although maybe see towards end of year?

Michael!!! Wow small world!!!! Glad to see you made it home safely mate!!! Garage looks great!!!

excellent choice chris. I looked at these pretty closely before deciding I needed to own only nissans.

You have plenty of options to race it too, a busy mx5 club, track days and production sports cars.

BTW It will go much quicker than 1.27 at OP on good tyres....you'll have good fun in it.

putting together a little evo 3 further to the rx7 at the moment, its a gsr not an rs hence the sound deadener

always wanted one of these classic shape evos since driving a mates around baskerville about ten years ago

need to finish it off for a mate to borrow to use at targa tasmania this year so its all systems go and should get it back from the cage fabricator in a week or so

using it to showcase some of benson motorsports specialst tarmac rally products soon to be launched and up until last weekend it was a bog stock road car

e2.jpg

Evoin.jpg

IMG00278.jpg

IMG00279.jpg

IMG00280.jpg

IMG00281.jpg

IMG00282.jpg

IMG00287.jpg

IMG00285.jpg

evocage.jpg

who's doing the cage stu?

We're pulling off the doors, and stripping the interior out of the new R33 this weekend ready to put the cage in next weekend. The Brakes and rear hubs should get here early next week.

Edited by sav man

who's doing the cage stu?

We're pulling off the doors, and stripping the interior out of the new R33 this weekend ready to put the cage in next weekend. The Brakes and rear hubs should get here early next week.

Ay???

Dad got a 2nd car to fix the Targa car, but he ended up getting cheap parts. So we're doing the 2nd car up as a twin to sell. The white car got a Fresh N1 engine, and the old N1 engine is being refeshed and put in the 2nd car.

darren elphinstone from up near burnie is doing it for me.

if you need a bonnet, skirts, boot, wing, gt2860r-7 turbos (top condition) or another N1 engine (low k, being refreshened right now) have got it all in stock!!

LOL @ mardi gras!!!!

It's a 94 clubman.

Motor is standard 1.8l, even standard exhaust and intake!!

Brakes are standard too, just has hawk pads, braided lines, master cylinder brace

Suspension has tein flex, whiteline front sway bar

6pt cage, sparco drivers seat, daytona passenger seat

Weighs just over 1000kg!

Racing it on Sunday at op gp!

Prev owner did a 1.27.3 on gp already!!

My plans,

Full exhaust, intake, rx7 calipers and that's it!!

I think it's going to be a great car to learn how to race properly in!! Can't wait!!!

You've just given yourself a very steep learning curve, but i think you'll end up a better driver for it. Ignoring my old braking points was (and still is) the hardest for me.

You missed 2 very important things in your list of bits. It has a nardi and work emotions. You already have drift cred :D

hahahah yes forgot about them! But I thought the nardi was standard on the clubmans?

Had it at OP GP today and did a 1.30.4 - 2 seconds slower than my r33...and 1st in class!

So Im happy, as my goal for first time out there was a 1.30!

There is alot to learn!

Braking points is the first....as you said! haha

I just cant believe the corner speed it has! Cant wait to get some more time in it and use the corner speed to go faster!

It is going to be a big learning curve, but thats what I want! get the lines and corners and braking points sorted, then go faster!

All in all, t'was a fun day of racing!

I think i'll have the same braking point issue in my little car.... approach the corner, hit the brakes, then realise I have another 50m before the corner starts and get back on it again :P