SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

ok, time to lower the tone a bit! this is my new track hack.

DSCN8924.jpg

DSCN8928.jpg

DSCN8931.jpg

Bought it as a race only import in January, made a few changes and did its first track day a couple of weeks ago at Lakeside. Ran a 1:00.32 first time out, which is OK considering how bad it was handling. Have since discovered the front springs were 9kg (about 500lb) so have replaced them with some 7kg/390lb jobs that came out of the rear. My ride heights were all over the place too. So that's sorted now and hopefully it will be a fair bit better for its next outing. Other than that it ran fine all day, so that's a pretty good start.

S13 black top SR20

271bhp atw @ 16psi

HKS GT-SS Turbo

550cc sard injectors

Z32 a/f meter

Walbro fuel pump

GTR front mount intercooler

Apexi PowerFC

Alloy radiator

oil cooler and filter relocator

Brand new brass button clutch

Locked diff

5 stud conversion

Skyline 2spot rear brakes

S14 4spot fronts

Tein coilovers

Front – Sport Spec Type HR Driving Master (no shock adjustment)

Rear – Drift Spec Type HE Winding Master (adjustable)

Tein castor rods

Cusco 28mm front sway bar

front and rear strut bars

rear camber arms

non HICAS model

17x8 17x9 wheels - made in Russia!

225 & 235/45 Toyo R888s

pumped front gaurds and flared rear gaurds

Bride fibreglass shell seat

6 point jap cage complete with crumple zones in front legs...

nothing flash, in fact its alot rougher than the photos make it look, but it should be capable of some pretty respectable times once the handling's sorted.

I love Rega wheels! Be good to see you and Marlin in a 2L battle :D

All SR20s must HANG!

It seems the Sil80s are far more popular then the Onevias. I have always liked the Silvia with 180 nose myself, also saves bit of weight in the hatch area i imagine?!?!?!

nice harry! you're on my side of the street now baby. very similar spec to my S13 hack.

not sure if I've put mine in this thread since it's so long. but here it is:

S13 silvia, started out as a non-turbo, auto CA!!

S13 SR20

S14 5 speed box

Blitz/ORC active clutch

nismo 2 way with good ratio (forget which, 4.4 I think).

5 stud conversion with R33 brakes front and rear, and R33 LCAs on the front

rear adjustable upper arms

front adjustable castor rods

HSD coil-overs with camber adjustment on the front

no hicas

subframe bushes

east bear bucket seat

full genuine URAS N+ kit all round

resprayed in silver, nice colour

URAS NS01 wheels, 17X8, 17X9

Z32 AFM

walbro pump

Nismo 550cc injectors

URAS stainless mani

Trust T518Z turbo kit

Tomei dump pipe

Tomei front pipe

Trust PE-II cat back exhaust

full hard piping kit

jap cheapo intercooler (about to be replaced with new trust cooler and piping)

Aus S14 radiator (nice and big)

Apexi Power FC

Trust profec E-01

full sick drift handbrake handle and knob

superspark coil packs

makes 230rwkw at about 16psi

bits I'm sure to have forgotten.

much like yours it's pretty quick for what it is. they are a good little car for the money. great fun to punt around.

picture116ot2.jpg

picture338ov8.jpg

has a pretty decent power curve too.

1181002kp9.jpg

and me doing the drift in it like all the cool kids wanna do...

imgp3326copy.jpg

Though Rega wheels are light as a feather from my old fading memory.... good stuff Harry.

I look forward to matching you when I can finally run mine on some fresh rubber mate :D

Baron, you need to track that thing more. Sub 2.00min laps at PI with short shifting and being kind, since you had only owned the car for 14 hours when you gave me the keys at PI :starwars: Its a quick car!

Here is my 98 R33 Gtst, I bought it about 5 years ago, It was my daily driven car. I did a couple of club days and thought, this is great.

So in went a cage early last year, got my cams ticket and did the last 4 round of the tassie series in the targa class last year which was a real learning curve.

Over the off season, i built a 25/30 with forged internals, and running a gt3582. fingers crossed all goes well this year. 1 round down and 5 to go.

post-22813-1241681572_thumb.jpg

post-22813-1241681581_thumb.jpg

Nice S13's boys, welcome to the club! They're great fun to drive and parts are cheap and plentiful.

Harry, how are the JJR coilpacks holding up? My splitfires wouldn't play nicely with my HKS twin spark so I got rid of them, and am looking to purchase some. Tossing up between those and genuine Nissan ($$$). I can buy 2 sets of the JJR's for the price of 1 set of genuines so I may take the risk.

Troy: Them's fighting words... Once I get a new oil pump onto my engine it's on! :starwars:

Wools: Nice GTS-T mate, looks really clean.

Sandown baby, being the "Drag strip" everbody like to claim :starwars:

We can line 'em up on the entry to the straight and see who will hang in there the deepest under brakes. I will win as i dont mind the taste of armco and have no problem rolling in the sandtrap if it means me shooting under you in the braking area :blush:

Hope you got deep pockets. Last guy I saw do that at Sandown in an HSV got a bill for $7,000 to fix the armco up. :starwars:

I just hit it so hard that i diplace the whole thing. Its not so obvious when the whole armco is missing, rather then just a dent :blush:

Nice 13's boys. Great little platform to learn from!

That 33 looks pretty tough too.

Here's mine. It's still in the build.

2.2ltr, 50 thou forgies, ballanced and blueprinted bottom end, 460cc's, 5 button clutch, Custom GURU motorsport torsen LSD, coilovers, custom build T3/T04E turbo with 38mm gate, drifteks, 300mm rotors etc

Going in for a tune in the next few weeks. Hoping for 300+hp atw.

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Hopefully going in for a cage after the tune.

Rega wheels eh, I had no idea what they were. They are pretty light.

Steveo, that's because it is a screwdriver handle... It was on the car when I got it and I kinda like it. Also has the fully sick drift button on the handbrake lever like Richards. I didn't like the old 15" Momo wheel though, but I kept the Sparco off my previous Datsun 1200 track car.

JJR coilpacks are OK for the little running its had so far. but like I said, I've only had the car a few months and its just done 1 track day...

Dave, are your bumpers and side skirts held on exclusively by zip ties and tek screws? lol mine's an ex drift car. It had bog falling off the drivers rear quarter when I bought it. I've re-bogged and resprayed the quarter panel, and side skirt on this side to cover the white marks from rubbing a tyre wall in its previous life...

Here's my dyno sheet. The 271bhp peak doesn't tell the full story. There's over 260bhp at the wheels pretty much from 5000-7500rpm :( Benno, you better get some D03's mate! :D

DSCN8946.JPG

heh its great to see all these S13s poping up, i have never bothered putting mine up but may as well. Flavor of the Day!

Started life as a auto 180 fresh off the boat a few years back.. now its track only.

Fairly basic lot of mods, but its good for 220 at the wheels.

28-60rs

cams HKS 264s

PFC

555's

Z32AFM

Big Oil cooler

5 Stud with 324mm's on the front

garbage exedy clutch

HSD's all round..

bunch of different arms..

17x9s all round

Half Cage

Racetech seat

The motor has never been pulled apart and has done over 15 track days and just as many Deca days... Mind you most were on standard power but it certianly had the crap flogged out of it each and every time. the way it should be. touch wood.

The engine bay looks like its actually a rally car in a coal mine so no pics. not that there is anything to see.

cleanshot.jpg

cleanrearshotcopy.jpg

Dutton 07

Car31_031-1.jpg

Shame your thing is only quick around carparks Ryan :D LOL i have to get the dig in before you find your missing killerwasps.

And good to see the TX5 still in the build. A move interstate has not stopped the build, be a handful at Lakeside :(

heh, im looking forward to dutton only because i get to go to P.I. again and hopefully get some laps in without it breaking straight away. even if it is only 2 timed laps... i should be right on your heels. what are you? 51's?

Steveo, that's because it is a screwdriver handle... It was on the car when I got it and I kinda like it. Also has the fully sick drift button on the handbrake lever like Richards. I didn't like the old 15" Momo wheel though, but I kept the Sparco off my previous Datsun 1200 track car.

Hahaha, great stuff!

Hows it attached? Just welded on?

The motor has never been pulled apart and has done over 15 track days and just as many Deca days... Mind you most were on standard power but it certianly had the crap flogged out of it each and every time. the way it should be. touch wood.

You forgot to mention its a great car for passenger rides in when being caned :verymad:

heh, im looking forward to dutton only because i get to go to P.I. again and hopefully get some laps in without it breaking straight away. even if it is only 2 timed laps... i should be right on your heels. what are you? 51's?

Ben? Russ? Can we pony up either of your rides as mine is still in pieces, a cunning attempt by Belsil80s co-driver to stop another rwd 2L from being quicker :verymad:

Seriously, if somebody wants to enter Dutton Vic, let me know