SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Hey ben, its the tomei strut brace that is like a triangle that mounts to the firewall as well as the strut towers. I think it would be possible to add onto a standard strut brace to make one if tomei dont do one for the r32 gtst/gtr.

Nice one Baron! I got mine for around the $200 mark from memory which I was pretty happy with, and I got one for my mechanic for around the same price a few years later, but I only see them pop up every now and then. I bought mine maybe 5 years ago!

Greg is that your engine bay? Looks neat mate

Here's some pics again due to forum implosion. I'm getting a new camera this week, so I'll take some decent one when I get it :)

Until then the rest can be found on: http://project180sx.blogspot.com/

post-8405-1249256656_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257793_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257815_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257870_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257900_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257940_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249257985_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249258061_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249258081_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249258116_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249258145_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249258214_thumb.jpg

Hey ben, its the tomei strut brace that is like a triangle that mounts to the firewall as well as the strut towers. I think it would be possible to add onto a standard strut brace to make one if tomei dont do one for the r32 gtst/gtr.

Thanks guys! (Gts30t & R32gts-t), I don't have anything at all on mine, might knock something up myself, wouldn't be difficult :)

Dane: your car is looking like a pretty serious package now, you have addressed everything in the build up, i can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Some solid seat time and tinkering out the little issue's will have you at the pointy end of the rwd set in no time.

yep, that's my car's "engine bay" hardly call it neat, there's wires and crap everywhere!

I finally got around to putting on a rocker cover that i painted moons ago, black crinkle coat from a can, it came out well. so i treated the car to a clean yesterday:

post-9640-1249264465_thumb.jpg

post-9640-1249265775_thumb.jpg post-9640-1249265581_thumb.jpg

post-9640-1249265544_thumb.jpg post-9640-1249265499_thumb.jpg

Here's hoping Greg, got some catching up to do though as Dean, Ryan and Adam are flying!

Car is looking the goods man, and the bay is neater than some I've seen! I was going to go crinkle black originally, looks great.

Have you been pulled over yet? It's pretty stealthy... and when are you going to come for a run! HH at the end of the month??

Oh Dane, thats looking sooo cleeeeean. Its a credit too you mate. hope another event comes up soon so we can have some fun.

Nice one Baron! I got mine for around the $200 mark from memory which I was pretty happy with, and I got one for my mechanic for around the same price a few years later, but I only see them pop up every now and then. I bought mine maybe 5 years ago!

Greg is that your engine bay? Looks neat mate

Here's some pics again due to forum implosion. I'm getting a new camera this week, so I'll take some decent one when I get it :devil:

Until then the rest can be found on: http://project180sx.blogspot.com/

Thanks a lot Stu, appreciate the kind words! It still needs a clean and tidy up, with the headlights put on etc, then it will look a lot better.

Definitely want to get to as many events as I can to get it dialled in for next year. I can't wait to try out the new alignment settings, should be a big improvement. Have you had a chance to get yours out again?

I've been stopped once, but they were great, just a RBT and i was on my way... i was wrapped!

i think keeping it nice and clean and having 4x4 ride height combined with the apexi evc help alot.

plus i barely drive it..

i was pumped for HH until the date was changed, i can't make it to winton in Oct either, so I will have to settle for Deca in Nov and Perhaps Calder in sept but calder doesn't really excite me...

Absolutely wicked Dane!!!!!!!

would rather see it in the flesh though - you'll have to bring it up to NSW for some fun!!

This is a small clip from me....my old man filmed from his cheapo digi cam from the balcony up @ OP GP.

I didnt break for the kink, but braked pretty hard and locked up for turn 2 lol

Well its that or dellorto's or scoring a 20V on the cheap...

My reasoning seems to be based around nostalgia and noise more than anything - call me indulgent :) .

In terms of size, my carb tuner recommended 40's if its a daily and 45's if its seeing race and high rpm use. Expected outcome will be doughy down low (he said from 2500 rpm and below) but above that it should be peachy with excellent high RPM response.

He seems to believe with the cams I am looking at it will all come together nicely.

Just an idea of what they sound like with carbs for those who don't know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXMSCRHwug...feature=related

I loved my Webers, but would love to try www.efihardware.com stuff, seen it used with great results.

Absolutely wicked Dane!!!!!!!

would rather see it in the flesh though - you'll have to bring it up to NSW for some fun!!

This is a small clip from me....my old man filmed from his cheapo digi cam from the balcony up @ OP GP.

I didnt break for the kink, but braked pretty hard and locked up for turn 2 lol

Nice speed into the kink mate. Zoom zoom.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it's turned out after all these years not running. I'm not quite game enough to say it was worth it as yet, but maybe when I drive it with another 60rwkw's or so I will be slightly more persuaded!

I'll definitely bring it to NSW once it's sorted though. I want to do OP before it closes, so I'll probably do Superlap next year if it's still there, but hopefully I can get up there sooner. Nice video too, pity about your tyres though! I'm running on 5 year old semi's at the moment to try and get some of that out of my system before the freshies go on. :)

As for the wriring Ross, it all went pretty smoothly from what I'm aware. There weren't any major electrical snags, other than getting the Splitfires to work with the HKS Twin Power, but that wasn't a wiring thing. Sam (my mechanic/auto elec www.drdrift.com.au) had nothing but praise for the Painless kit, and is going to get one for his own car now.

Hey Dane you have a great setup mate. Ive said it once before but I'll say it again haha looks bloody unreal! The box for your fuel system looks the goods :) The dash and custom panel where the radio use to sit is a work of art, nice brakes aswell!

Good all round package :thumbsup: any vids?

I see in your display thing that your driving an wrx now.. did you sell the clubsport? Ive just bought myself a vz ss hardtop ute with a few goodies, :blush: great tow cars!

Thanks Liam :whistling: It's been a lot time in the making, and still a bit more to do, but everything that has been done so far has been to a quality I'm really happy with. I thought if it's going to be gone that long then it had better look like it was time, and money, well spent.

No vids as yet as my POV cam batteries died on the day after a few minutes of each recording... but I'll gt some up after HH this month.

Yep, sold the Clubby and bought the STi about 6 weeks ago. Loving it! Nice choice of ute man, they're fat as and sound great. I was just after something smaller again as the Clubby was a bit big for me and getting on in the km's department, and I didn't require my daily to be my tow car anymore. Great daily though