SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Thanks Liam :( It's been a lot time in the making, and still a bit more to do, but everything that has been done so far has been to a quality I'm really happy with. I thought if it's going to be gone that long then it had better look like it was time, and money, well spent.

No vids as yet as my POV cam batteries died on the day after a few minutes of each recording... but I'll gt some up after HH this month.

Yep, sold the Clubby and bought the STi about 6 weeks ago. Loving it! Nice choice of ute man, they're fat as and sound great. I was just after something smaller again as the Clubby was a bit big for me and getting on in the km's department, and I didn't require my daily to be my tow car anymore. Great daily though

Yeah its better to do things right the first time, definatley saves money in the long run!

Nice vid, pity the batteries packed it in before you unleashed the beast! POV cams are great, Ive recently bought a Go-pro motorsports cam I dont have the cash to spend on better equipment but maybe later down the track I'll upgrade haha. I'll give it a test run at open praccy at winton this friday.

Sti is another favourite of mine, awesome cars, probably cheaper on the juice aswell!

When are you gonna be hitting the track next?

And just a quick Q for all, where do you guys purchase your semi-slicks from in melbourne??

Cheers

Liam.

I see you were in front of Eddie on the track and and on the time sheet. Well done Chris.

Hey Jay!

Yeah just pipped him! was pretty fun!

Eddie has done a 1.13.9 at wakie in his sprinter, so it gives me a bit more confidence I can go quicker than my 1.15.1 @ wakie!

Ben: Haha Marvin the Marshan has been with the car for 5-6 years now... I was going to take him off but had a bit of an uproar from some mates, so he stays! Maybe I smell? :(

post-8405-1249519205_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1249519273_thumb.jpg

Troy: I just had it hanging near the cage, and I think the MIC volume was way too high (it was on 7). I've experimented with the levels with the rex a bit now, but I think I'll need to tape the mic to the cage to stop it banging around, and turn it down to stop all the distortion when it's on boost. I might locate the mic on the passenger side and keep the window closed, it may have been open as that's how I normally drive.

Liam: Definitely mate, I've had 3 turbo's on this car now, and have spent way too much over the past 6 years chopping and changing. Next outing will be Haunted Hills on the 29th, can't wait for it. It's going back into the workshop for a once over and to fix a few niggles, as well as get a re-tune prior so hopefully it's running really well there. I'm not expecting too much as I'm going to run on old tyres until I'm sure there's no bias issues, but will be awesome regardless. It was even heaps of fun in the Clubbie.

As for tyres, I get them from Protek tyres in Oakleigh. John is a top bloke. If you want Advan's you may want to speak with Traction Tyres, they're really good guys too and very knowlegeable. Good luck on Friday!

Also, here's a vid of a random dyno run on another camera:

nice little vid dane. one small piece of advice. try and mount the camera head up a bit higher if you can so its kind of at what would be head height and angled down a little so then you'll be able to see your footwork and when viewing it it wont feel like you're crouching in the back of the car! :(

sounds wicked too mate.

Thanks Ant :( Coming to HH?

Thanks for the advice Richard. I had it mounted on my cage camera mount, but I might try and shift it up a bit. I've also got a suction cam mount that get's a better angle but as the POV was playing up I didn't get to use it. I'll pop it on for the next event though.

Ben: Haha Marvin the Marshan has been with the car for 5-6 years now... I was going to take him off but had a bit of an uproar from some mates, so he stays! Maybe I smell? :(

haha, fair enough, maybe he's good luck? ;)

Hey Jay!

Yeah just pipped him! was pretty fun!

Eddie has done a 1.13.9 at wakie in his sprinter, so it gives me a bit more confidence I can go quicker than my 1.15.1 @ wakie!

Has anyone else had a stint in the MX5 to see how quick it will go??

Ill swap you cars next time were out. Get you into an overpowered GTR for a few laps.

Haha then you need to get back and keep protecting! That's a shame, hopefully see you there though.

Matt: I think you're right, might be to do with the fact the interior is satin black. I'll see what it look like when I mount it to the window.

Liam: Definitely mate, I've had 3 turbo's on this car now, and have spent way too much over the past 6 years chopping and changing. Next outing will be Haunted Hills on the 29th, can't wait for it. It's going back into the workshop for a once over and to fix a few niggles, as well as get a re-tune prior so hopefully it's running really well there. I'm not expecting too much as I'm going to run on old tyres until I'm sure there's no bias issues, but will be awesome regardless. It was even heaps of fun in the Clubbie.

As for tyres, I get them from Protek tyres in Oakleigh. John is a top bloke. If you want Advan's you may want to speak with Traction Tyres, they're really good guys too and very knowlegeable. Good luck on Friday!

Also, here's a vid of a random dyno run on another camera:

Haunted hills! ive seen footage of that track, looks the goods! I'll eventually head up there oneday but really need semi-slicks as road tyres just dont cut it haha. I'll give protek a call and get a price sorted.

I was meant to head to winton today for an open practice (took the day off work) only to find that I had no power to my coilpacks :) so this arvo had to rewire it straight from the battery.. looks pretty ghetto, but it does the job :D . Theres an alfa romeo track day being held this sunday so i might head out and give the ol girl a run (but dont really want to pay $110 to join that club.. :ermm: