SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

At the risk of being howled down, how about JJR's front pipes?

We use a JJR complete system on the targa car (a gts-t) and it's held up great. And the entire system (turbo back) weighs only 11kg including cat. The only modification I need to make is to weld some ramps onto the leading edge of the collector plates to avoid catching on the road through big compression dips. I also tidied up the internals of the front pipe a little with a die grinder, only about 5 minutes work.

It's been on the car for over 2000 competetive kilometres so far.

Just a thought......

Edited by Marlin

Thanks mate, that is another option i had forgotten about.

Does the CES kit still bolt to a standard flanged cat, not that i have a stock cat but i dont really want to buy another one. Also how do you think they would have fitted if the head was upto 38mm higher? I say upto because im going to slot the engine mounts around 10mm when the rb30 goes in

Edit: cheers marlin ill have a look

Edited by Gts30t

JJR and similar (in fact nearly all) GTR front pipes are too small for my liking, especially for a 30. they are only twin 60mm pipe into a single 75mm pipe. the HKS ones are twin 70+ into 80+ (can't remember exactly, could even be 85). think of it like this, if you were running say a 2530 or a GTRS on a RB20 or SR20 you wouldn't run it with a single 60mm front pipe would you? you'd want at least 3 inch (74mm) and probably 80mm. I think twin 70mm or 75mm is about ideal for a GTR. getting the gas out is pretty important performance wise. :yes:

the tomei dumps and the HKS fronts match very well size wise. they were one of the only front pipes I could find that would mate up to the tomei dumps without a big step down in size. you are right it's not cheap though. the extra money though over the trust kit I reckon is worth it for the ease of fitment! the trust ones really are a bit a cnt to fit.

anyway, keep your options open. :)

Thanks mate, that is another option i had forgotten about.

Does the CES kit still bolt to a standard flanged cat, not that i have a stock cat but i dont really want to buy another one. Also how do you think they would have fitted if the head was upto 38mm higher? I say upto because im going to slot the engine mounts around 10mm when the rb30 goes in

Edit: cheers marlin ill have a look

I'm not sure about bolting onto the standard cat, the finished flandge is a 3 bolt 89mm so I wouldn't think so, each set is custom made so you could get what ever flandge you want on the end of it, and I guess being a rb30/taller block they could extend the pipes to come down ~38mm? the Trust ones would have the same drama aswell?

I have found an email with pics and more info Trevor sent me when I first enquired about them, I'll pm it over to you.

JJR and similar (in fact nearly all) GTR front pipes are too small for my liking, especially for a 30. they are only twin 60mm pipe into a single 75mm pipe. the HKS ones are twin 70+ into 80+ (can't remember exactly, could even be 85). think of it like this, if you were running say a 2530 or a GTRS on a RB20 or SR20 you wouldn't run it with a single 60mm front pipe would you? you'd want at least 3 inch (74mm) and probably 80mm. I think twin 70mm or 75mm is about ideal for a GTR. getting the gas out is pretty important performance wise. :whistling:

the tomei dumps and the HKS fronts match very well size wise. they were one of the only front pipes I could find that would mate up to the tomei dumps without a big step down in size. you are right it's not cheap though. the extra money though over the trust kit I reckon is worth it for the ease of fitment! the trust ones really are a bit a cnt to fit.

anyway, keep your options open. :(

Cheers baron,

from a technical view point i can see where you are coming from and do agree with you, but on the other hand i also think of it like having two 1500cc motors with what will be a -5 on each. I imagine a 60mm dump pipe wouldnt be too bad.

The extra size of the 30 i think can be discounted a bit as it will only rev to 7000rpm and since its about moving air (i think) whatever works on a 26 reving ~20% or to 8400rpm should work fine on a 30.

Obviously im no expert though.

Cameron,

thanks for the document i do like the look of the ces ones, it says the wastegate gas is kept seperate for 14 inches which i feel is a good distance. I have one of those massive 4 inch metal cats (not sure if that is the brand i think that is catco) but i did think it only has 3 inch flanges on it. Atm it bolts to the BATMBL dump pipe and to the trust pe2 system no worries. Ill have to do some investigating of the size.

Do you remember how much you paid for the system and when that was?

Thanks fellas

I got them about 3 months ago, paid around $1400 for the dumps and the Y-Pipe then + the ceramic coating, I got alot of parts done at the same time so not sure what the price would be for just the dump and y pipe.

Thanks not too bad, i dont think i would get the ceramic coating but the ces option is right up the list.

This was todays progress, i put in the nismo gt lsd pro 1.5 tt model

Havent taken it for a drive yet, moving it around the workshop it had minimal shuddering

post-4425-1252739734_thumb.jpg

At the risk of being howled down, how about JJR's front pipes?

We use a JJR complete system on the targa car (a gts-t) and it's held up great. And the entire system (turbo back) weighs only 11kg including cat. The only modification I need to make is to weld some ramps onto the leading edge of the collector plates to avoid catching on the road through big compression dips. I also tidied up the internals of the front pipe a little with a die grinder, only about 5 minutes work.

It's been on the car for over 2000 competetive kilometres so far.

Just a thought......

is that including the front pipe?

Thats the method to my madness :) .... you guys have taken a serious approach to the S13 setups and i am currently sitting on the fence on whether to take it to the next level or just leave it as is.

Dunno if this'll help you decide ando

12092009096.jpg

The turbo setup owes me around 3.5k new price, plus cams, injectors ecu etc etc

waste of time without the cams

Edited by badhairdave

Dunno if this'll help you decide ando

12092009096.jpg

The turbo setup owes me around 3.5k new price, plus cams, injectors ecu etc etc

waste of time without the cams

Dave,

What turbo / cam combo is that on your SR...looks to have 21psi by 3600 rpm which is impressive for a turbo that goes on to make 285rwkw's? Is this running on BP98?

Edited by juggernaut1

I got Dad's GT-R ready to go on the trailer today, it'll be getting N1 engine and turbo's installed tommorrow. Most of the sound deadener is out of of it. Shouldn't be too far off being done once the seats arrive, then i can install the rails, and paint the interior and it should be ready to test....then sell

Keep your paws off it. I just need to cheat the Tax Man out of a few dollars and its mine :(

well until you come up with the green ive paid for it so im going to pop wheelies and rip a few skids in it ok?:)

Edited by ylwgtr2