SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

yeah, go the trust turbs! the T518Z on an SR with a good manifold and exhaust and a nice set of cams and tune I reckon will be pretty hard to beat bang for back and a very good trade off in response vs power. should make 250kw on a stock bottom end and head (with cams) with 22psi or so and a good tune. and with E85 and some bigger injectors maybe 270rwkw or so? that's pretty decent power for a car that's pulling hard from 3,000 or there abouts.

Most definitely man. If you trust them and are happy going there then perhaps work with them on finding a solution. Hard to find people you trust and get along with! Have you looked up any old NS charts? Their were a few 2540's going around back in the day around the 240rwkw mark from memory, might be worth seeing how they go there?

Nick: No stodgy RB26's allowed mate! :D rotors and SR20's

Just jokes, I have 26 love too :) What turbo's do you run Nick? 17Z's?

Baron: I reckon mate, should be a mid-range animal!

Man all this talk of bigger turbz is making my T28BB feel a lack lustre..... So many combinations of setups out there for when i eventually upgrade sometime next year..... Until then i will continue to learn to drive the titties of my little underpowered nugget!!

PS. If friggin Natsoft would hurry up already i wanna see if i managed to crack the magical sub 50sec @ OP South on Sunday.....

Yeah, i have only flicked it to high boost (215rwkw) once as i have enough fun trying to catch the arse with 180rwkw!! Goddman 60/40 weight distribution of S13's :D

But pretty happy with output from a basic setup

Also a safety / longevity choice too... rather extract the absolute most out of my driver abilities before cracking up the power and protecting the engine!

Yeah, i have only flicked it to high boost (215rwkw) once as i have enough fun trying to catch the arse with 180rwkw!! Goddman 60/40 weight distribution of S13's :happy:

But pretty happy with output from a basic setup

Also a safety / longevity choice too... rather extract the absolute most out of my driver abilities before cracking up the power and protecting the engine!

Smart man, so many guys go ahead it the wronf way around. In my opinion :ph34r:

Nick: No stodgy RB26's allowed mate! :happy: rotors and SR20's

Just jokes, I have 26 love too :ph34r: What turbo's do you run Nick? 17Z's?

yep, 17Z's... 8cm... 20psi makes 360rwkw... its a bit laggy but still has a solid 4000rpm powerband... redline 8500, but I rarely rev it over 8000rpm as you get minimal gains from ringing its neck

its interesting to compare with my old car (RB25) which was running 260rwkw and had a similar 4000rpm powerband (HKS 2835)... I had both cars for about a month and after driving the R jumping back in the old car it felt so strangled at high rpm... it actually felt slow, I would find myself checking peak boost to make sure something wasn't wrong with it! lol... however it was much quicker round the cones on a skidpan and heaps easier/nicer to drive on the road

when I'm done posing with the R and I have more than 1 car space at home I'm keen on getting an S14 or similar for serious track work... will strip it with a modest power up and hopefully have a reliable hack I can get lots of seat time in so I can work on my driving

I did the same, down from 240 to 200 in the interest of keeping the engine happy. It seemed to work as it comp tested perfectly when it came out :)

Thats it champ.... not worth the short term glory for long term pain on the car and wallet!! :blink:

Get an NA you pair of softies!

PFFT dont get all "can't replace displacement" on me :down: NA FTL!!!!

Smart man, so many guys go ahead it the wronf way around. In my opinion ;)

Indeed indeed. Considering the fact i cant heel/toe or left foot brake yet, i have a lot to learn about steering a car before i worry too much about KW output and big mods.... Apparently some say i have an odd steering wheel technique... LOL not sure what they mean though... Judge for yourself!

Get it around a track as best as possible with the tools you have. If you encounter a problem... learn to drive around it. Thats my moto! Oh and also doesn't help that i am a lazy mofo and never bother with tyre pressures and alignments... :blink:

Indeed indeed. Considering the fact i cant heel/toe or left foot brake yet, i have a lot to learn about steering a car before i worry too much about KW output and big mods.... Apparently some say i have an odd steering wheel technique... LOL not sure what they mean though... Judge for yourself!

Get it around a track as best as possible with the tools you have. If you encounter a problem... learn to drive around it. Thats my moto! Oh and also doesn't help that i am a lazy mofo and never bother with tyre pressures and alignments... :blink:

LOL, CHOP CHOP! :blink:

Right handers don't look too bad, but dude, left handers, WTF! lol, you need a decent seat so you can concentrate on driving instead of hanging on I think.

LOL, CHOP CHOP! :blink:

Right handers don't look too bad, but dude, left handers, WTF! lol, you need a decent seat so you can concentrate on driving instead of hanging on I think.

LOL yeah a mate put that together (NFI on video stuffs) and i ROFL'd too at the CHOP CHOP!

Um so a stock 32 GTR seat isnt cutting the mustard.... :down: I recently looked at a good Sparco but "Wallet says NNOOOO"

But in all seriousness technically speaking (well in simple lamen terms) what am i doing wrong.... you say left handers are shite... is it the shuffling of my hand on the wheel..?? :blink:

EDIT* Please feel free to flame my style... im the first to admit i am a novice!! Would appreciate some feedback from the 'seasoned' pro's! :)

for what ever reason when you are turning left fairly hard you move both hands together on the wheel which is not ideal. It's funny because you are fine going the other way.

Marlin may have it though, you could be unconsciously hanging on.

I used to brace myself on the handbrake on the slippery dip at wakefield and drive 1 handed before getting a better seat :blink:

A good seat is definitely worth it's weight in gold, and is a wise investement for sure.

As for your steering I'm far from being an expert so take whatever I say with a grain of salt, but personally I don't like shuffling the wheel or having my hands too close together. I feel like I have less control, and think it would be much harder to control a slide. I have seen a lot of people drive like that though.

LOL yeah a mate put that together (NFI on video stuffs) and i ROFL'd too at the CHOP CHOP!

Um so a stock 32 GTR seat isnt cutting the mustard.... :blink: I recently looked at a good Sparco but "Wallet says NNOOOO"

But in all seriousness technically speaking (well in simple lamen terms) what am i doing wrong.... you say left handers are shite... is it the shuffling of my hand on the wheel..?? :blink:

EDIT* Please feel free to flame my style... im the first to admit i am a novice!! Would appreciate some feedback from the 'seasoned' pro's! :)

I'm still giggling at Chop Chop :down: lolol

Maybe begin a new thread about driving techniques? That way be can all get together and really confuse eachother! lol

I don't rate the left handers the way you put your hands at the top together (like others have said already), it may be because your seat is shite (for track work), or just a habit you've picked up. Other than that you look to be doing well. Please don't think that I think I'm prefect, I'm a no one!

If money's tight, grab a one pice $200- race bucket (with rails! lol) from Just Jap and bolt it in, you'll be amazed how much your driving improves when the only thing you need to concentrate on is the driving, not the hanging on ;) I did this for my GT4 and the difference was instantly noticable.

Now, Chop Chop!