SAU Community

Pizza Night And Act "club" Discussions 4th August

if you guys need any advice let me know, i was one of the founders of Syndicate Motorsports club. I am also happy to help out with discount on parts for your club if this kicks off nicely.

OooOoohh! I like the sound of this guy!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All people replied too.

Nextmod, thanks for the offer, bit late for me but I'm sure I could do with more stuff :-)

Pulling out of the night is only acceptable with a doctors certificate :(

damn i missed the photo :rolleyes: lol

how'd it all go in the end?

oh and cheers to everyone for moving there cars to let me out since i had to go early thanks

Edited by Darkon

It was a great night and I thank everyone for coming.

Some outcomes from the night

• It is clear that there is no desire to start a separate club just for the ACT, for reasons of excessive paperwork and there are so many other clubs serving similar interests.

• There was a strong desire to be affiliated with another club for insurance purposes

• SAU NSW was the preferred affiliated club, but others were discussed

• Skylines have an image problem of young idiotic hoons, need to portray a club without idiots and possibly more mature in nature. (the people attending showed a maturity that a club needs and it was well received by the two guests (with GTR) from the Canberra Street Rides club)

• There was a strong desire from most at the meeting to be responsible for at least one event a year per person

• Having about 6 motoring events a year was proposed

• Having another 6 social or non-motoring events making a monthly event was proposed

• Joining in on another clubs events (where invited) was suggested as a way to hold events with minimum effort

• Several businesses have already expressed support if the club forms

• Paintball is back on the events list (I am to organise)

• Events must be open to all members of the club

• Where possible a premium is charged to non members to attend to encourage joining.

There were many other suggestions and lots of talk on maintenance of GTR's and a general fun atmosphere.

Action items

Create a thread on the ACT events section to generate a proposed events list and volunteer to organise the event for us.

The possible events list above will be used to demonstrate that we have enough willing people to organise events to discuss with SAU NSW etc.

Discuss in more detail with SAU NSW about a possible affiliation