SAU Community

Pizza Night And Act "club" Discussions 4th August

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a great night and I thank everyone for coming.

Some outcomes from the night

• It is clear that there is no desire to start a separate club just for the ACT, for reasons of excessive paperwork and there are so many other clubs serving similar interests.

• There was a strong desire to be affiliated with another club for insurance purposes

• SAU NSW was the preferred affiliated club, but others were discussed

• Skylines have an image problem of young idiotic hoons, need to portray a club without idiots and possibly more mature in nature. (the people attending showed a maturity that a club needs and it was well received by the two guests (with GTR) from the Canberra Street Rides club)

• There was a strong desire from most at the meeting to be responsible for at least one event a year per person

• Having about 6 motoring events a year was proposed

• Having another 6 social or non-motoring events making a monthly event was proposed

• Joining in on another clubs events (where invited) was suggested as a way to hold events with minimum effort

• Several businesses have already expressed support if the club forms

• Paintball is back on the events list (I am to organise)

• Events must be open to all members of the club

• Where possible a premium is charged to non members to attend to encourage joining.

There were many other suggestions and lots of talk on maintenance of GTR's and a general fun atmosphere.

Action items

Create a thread on the ACT events section to generate a proposed events list and volunteer to organise the event for us.

The possible events list above will be used to demonstrate that we have enough willing people to organise events to discuss with SAU NSW etc.

Discuss in more detail with SAU NSW about a possible affiliation

you must work in the public service to take minutes like that.

I wouldnt mind organising a cruise, ive done several before.

Sounds like a good meeting.

I'm interested in coming to the events mentioned, and possibly affiliate AOgraphics with the ACT club.

Sorry I didn't make it guys, last minute family issue came up and my net has been down all weekend. I'm still willing to put my hand up for any help with events or the club.

Just thought I'd add the busty Jane who was very nice and picked up all our pizza's is single and I have her number/email.

Just incase anyone was interested.

I have never met a person who had the first name "Busty" :( are there any photos of "Busty Jane" for those that did not attend but may be interested. (i am not interested i am engaged sorry:))

sounds like it was a good night top work on the organisation A20089 ;)

Geeez Jon... you could have been a good sport and told the guys about this before the night, it looks like you'll have to bring her along to the video/pool comp night at my place now to give 'em a second chance LOL

pssh women love attention, if anything this will attract her to more events

Glennieboy gets fist dibs :-) I'll PM it. Tomorrow.

Yes I know many female friends still unattached, you have to turn up to events to meet them though. Probably only interested in 25+yo with a fun but mature outlook.

We all think Shell is just ...GORGEOUS... already.

Hey can whoever took the late night photo post it up, there's been high level of interest in it and I might use it as my avatar!!!.

Edited by a20089