SAU Community

Stolen: Silver R32 4-door

Spangers

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was insured but due to it being modded pretty heavily it was only $10k max for theft :) .

About the alarm, I never got one install because I pay $700 a year for a electronically gated car park that you need a special buzzer to open, but of course the gate had been deactivated for about a week while construction was going on. It was wide open when my car was taken around 4:30pm. It had been less than an hour since I last seen it and no one heard anything or saw it leaving, which is weird because I live with like 200 other boarders and most were moving in that day :thumbsup: .

To answer some peoples questions about Carsales and sus people coming for a look. To be honest I defiantly think one of the guys that came to look at my car is responsible but unfortunately I couldn't say for sure which one it was. All of the people who came to look would be capable to steeling it and even the day before it was stolen I had a no show on someone wanting to come have a look, I gave the cops his number so i hope they follow it up.

On another note I would like to sing the phrases for the SA Police Dpt, when I made my report the guy on the phone was really helpful. In under 30mins a officer came out to find out if there was any security footage and look around the park where it happened. Then at 9pm that night (Sunday) I got a call from a police officer asking if I could send some pictures of the car so they could distribute them. I have always been pretty cynical about SAPOL but this has changed my mind, I think the cops are doing all they can to find my car and I would also like to thank them for showing a genuine interest in finding my car (as much as they love to defect them :))

If anyone has any information that my assist the police to find my car please call 131444, Cheers

One more thing, if you can guys avoid parking your cars in Nt Adelaide even during the day, there had been a few thefts of this kind recently so keep an eye out.

Thanks all, ill keep you posted.

Edited by Spangers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...About the alarm, I never got one install because I pay $700 a year for a electronically gated car park that you need a special buzzer to open, but of course the gate had been deactivated for about a week while construction was going on. It was wide open when my car was taken around 4:30pm. It had been less than an hour since I last seen it and no one heard anything or saw it leaving, which is weird because I live with like 200 other boarders and most were moving in that day :thumbsup: .

wouldnt they be laible then ? lets hope so you would prolly get more under public liability

good to hear about SAPOL

i had my heart go into my throat this morning when i saw a very tidy silver R32 but it was 2 door

dam it not again but dude i cant stress enough why dont you have a alarm or even a kill switch anyway its silly not to have `1 and just an electronic gate wont stop them if they want to get in they will i hope and pray 4 you get your car in 1 piece mate. :cool:

Yeah i was gonna agree with Madaz....

If you pay for that security gate and its purpose is SECURITY then it deffinately was not doing the job!

I'd be speaking to some kinda of legal rep and seeing what your options are...

On another note i sitll hope you get the car back in 1 peice!

Hope you get it back in 1 piece!

Dodgy about the carsales thing, thats the reason my car is currently for sale but I have not advertised it other than on SAU. I might advertise it on there once all these thefts keep stop happening!

Hope you get it back in 1 piece!

Dodgy about the carsales thing, thats the reason my car is currently for sale but I have not advertised it other than on SAU. I might advertise it on there once all these thefts keep stop happening!

take it to a reputable yard and pay the commision for them to sell it

Hey Guys,

My car was found last night totally burnt out :pirate: . I havent seen it yet but it sounds like they just took it for a joy ride, did a few burnouts and then set it alight. What a f**kin waste of a car...

Neway whats done is done, thanks for all your support guys. By the sounds of things ill only lose a couple of grand max so I guess thats a positive.

Thanks Again

From Brin

Sorry to hear that man! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

I get the feeling everytime that I take my car out and leave it somewhere that I am dodging a bullet.

I really need to get my alarm installed.

This is just getting rediculous. The thing is there is nothing we can do about it other put an alarm in and pay our insurance premiums. We get into trouble if we do anything else.

Hopefully if I get enough back I will buy a 180 or another Skyline, we will see.

It was found out near Two Wells burnt on the side of the road, I havent seen it yet but by the sounds they just thrashed it and torched it. Such a god damn waste.

All,

Just a quick and simple tip if selling your car. It may prevent crooks from stealing it (as you are no longer a soft target), and will definitely assist SAPol with follow-up if it is stolen.

Request EVERY person who inspects your car for their driver's licence, check it and record the number. Inform them when you arrange a meeting place that you require this (also covers your arse (a little) in an accident). Chances are, they will not steal it after you have done this, and if they do, you have something tangible for Police to follow-up.

Unless your car is stolen in a public place where there may be footage, there is pretty much nothing that can be done other than a doorknock if stolen from a residential area until the Police either chase it when located, or find it burnt out somewhere.

Also, NEVER let interested parties come to your house. Meet them at the nearest shopping centre car park.

That being said, sorry to hear about your car.

Out.

Praised by Madaz and Andz on this thread, slammed by them on another... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=178236

Cheers for the above posts on this thread boyz. :D

On another note, I'll start a car security tips thread and hope the mods can sticky if there are meaningful contributions, or delete it if it has been done before (didn't find anything when using the search function).

Out.