SAU Community

hey guys, just wondering is it hard to put in a short shifter urself..is it an easy DIY job or will i need to take this outside?..if can b done at home can ne1 provide me with insturctions on how to put in a short shifter 4 an r33?

thanks!

i had to put a short shifter in an r33. couldn't really work it out, so i had a search around.

there is info on here. someone posted a link to an animated gif computer model showing how the parts are to be assembled

i put in a genuine Nismo short shifter into my R32 the other night; did it easy in 15 mins.. mainly problem is getting the rings off that hold the shifter down in place; you need a special tool but i use flat head screw drivers;

after that it was easy; pull out stock shifter, put in short shifter, and i used the bracket that came with it to keep it in place; no chance of getting those rings back in ever.... lol

i didnt think there was a tutorial in here? dang, well i did alright then lol

Anyone had any experience with the $60 e-bay ones?

I put of these in my 33 recently, you can reffer to the tutorial thats on here even though its for a C's kit

The only problem is that you have to get a genuwine bush from nissan for the bottom end of the shifter ($11 from nissan) because the supplied one is no good.

• 4 weeks later...

i had to put a ebay one in a 33. we used bits off the stock shifter to make it work (the bush at the bottom and 1 half way up). it was a bit of a pain to get in. i personally don't like it. the throw is too short and harsh. i persoanlly think there is no need for one on a skyline. they are short enough. if you want it a bit shorter and don't want to spend the money just cut the top off you stock shifter. it will have the same effect. shortening the top has the same effect as lengthening the bottom.