Adr Approved Braided Brake Hoses & Qfm Brake Pads

markk

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have braided lines from this crowd on my GT-T, (also using Motul R600 fluid) excellent product! Improved pedal feel heaps. As for the QFM K500's IMHO they are crap. I had a set of these front & rear in my GT-T, I did 2 club days, one at Baskerville & one at Symmons Plains and they where fried to a crisp & worn out! Only done about 6 to 700 km on them. Will never touch them again. The std Nissan pads are better! Never suffered fade on them but the K500's at the hairpin at Symmons, pedal went hard as a rock & straight off in the sandpit!! Not happy!!

Like I said this is my opinion.

I have braided lines from this crowd on my GT-T, (also using Motul R600 fluid) excellent product! Improved pedal feel heaps. As for the QFM K500's IMHO they are crap. I had a set of these front & rear in my GT-T, I did 2 club days, one at Baskerville & one at Symmons Plains and they where fried to a crisp & worn out! Only done about 6 to 700 km on them. Will never touch them again. The std Nissan pads are better! Never suffered fade on them but the K500's at the hairpin at Symmons, pedal went hard as a rock & straight off in the sandpit!! Not happy!!

Like I said this is my opinion.

Why on earth would you use a heavy duty street pad on a track??

The K500's are not designed for track, the K750 "Trackday" pads are, hence the name.

The fact you even managed to get 2 trackdays out of a street pad, says alot for the pad.

Thats almost as intelligent as using Safeway engine oil in a V8 supercar and wondering why your engine blew up....

Edited by markk

My mechanic said the only problem with QFM pads is after he fits them they don't see that customer again because the pads last so long lol. When fitting though discs must be machined (or new) or you'll get no where near the pads potential also fitting all 4 at once can give you issues because they take a bit more to bed in completely. They're also supposed to be friendly to the discs which surprised me.

Pretty good so far and the braided lines definately give a much better pedal feel.