SAU Community

Where To Fix Wheels In Vic

paulr33

what sort of wheels paul???

There is a place in Moirabbin i would have to look up they did mine... they like re-round them is that what u are after?

HELL NO NOT THEM - SICK car bro can it do burnouts...

Paul i will post the place up later......

sorry to be harsh but that dont impress me at all nor would i leave my car there

I've had a rim repaired at Advanced. What I done was leave the wheel there, and just have stockies on my car for a few days.

Having said that, they did do an excellent job.

i personally sell thousands of dollars a month to advance alloys, and we get any rims that are damaged fixed there and they are one of the best in the buisness, i dont know what your talking about mavric but im guessing it may have only been a one off situation. Put almost all of the major panel shops in and around the Morabbinn, brighton bayside area send all there stuff there, so that has to mean somthing.

i would rekomend them day in and day out

just put your stockies on for a couple of days and give em to you

When you go down there tell them Jarrod from Robert Lanes sent you down there and they should help you out

Thank you very much for the contact guys.

I am the one in need of some repairs :thumbsup:

A friend of mine managed to ride my car on a gutter and it snapped off a strip of the wheel lip.

I will be sure to give these guys a call tomorow.

Did you try and take your car up a kerb thinking you were still on the pushy? :thumbsup:

Funnily enough the friend that was driving my car was the guy who actually taught me how to drive and how to drive manual in the first place.

He was driving my car and i was driving his car, its a Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia, there were 3 of us going from Chapel St back down Princess Hwy and under the bridge where the S-Bend is. Car was in the inside lane going down and the outside lane coming out of the corner. While i was 2 lanes across and another friend was in the middle lane.

As far as i could see, he pushed a lil too hard coming out of the corner, understeered and rode up on the gutter where a chunk of the rim snapped off and the car looked like it just copped a flat tyre...

We instantly pulled over and put that gay space spaver on to be able to get home. :)

I had to buy some cheapo 17' for $400 to keep me going until i could afford to buy some new rims or find a place to fix the damaged one.

Hopefully this place will be able to repair my wheel.

hey i noticed the odd wheel on your car

the factory colour you have is nice as, not common but nice its like a dark blue

do you know who owns the silver evo 9 at moorabbin ?

hey i noticed the odd wheel on your car

the factory colour you have is nice as, not common but nice its like a dark blue

do you know who owns the silver evo 9 at moorabbin ?

Thx Paul.

Yeah i like the colour aswell, i think its called midnight blue.

Ill post up a pick of the broken wheel tomorow once i take a pic tonight.

The EVO was just bought 2 weeks by a guy in retention called Wai.

He gave me a ride in it the other day. Quick AS! Really nice car. He has already ordered an Apexi pod for it and will be buying an Apexi exhaust aswell very soon.

Sorry paul i cant find the name of the other place in moorabbin..

Yea sorry im not one to put a negative on a business but i was not impressed being told to rip a burnout by a staff member... i would not question there work only leaving your car there :laugh:

ohh i get ya mavric, thats ok then, i though you were having a go at the work quality.

i wouldnt want a staff member telling me to rip it up either unless i was a close mate with them even then on the street i wouldnt do it :laugh:

I would always suggest leaving just a rim or rims there anyways cause then you can put a temp on im sure people on here would leand you some stockies for a week, that way you can keep your car on the roads. rims arnt worth keeping a car off the road.

Thanks for clearing that up, i misunderstood what you were saying.

hey paul

i got my GTC's repaired at a place near heidelberg - i'll find the name and address and get them for you tmrw. they were good and quick - repaired the gutter rash on the polished lip.

if your rim needs sandblasting and repainting i'm not sure if they can do that - but if its just steel/alloy sorta stuff they will do a good job

only took them one day too

will post up the info tmrw for you

ohh i get ya mavric, thats ok then, i though you were having a go at the work quality.

i wouldnt want a staff member telling me to rip it up either unless i was a close mate with them even then on the street i wouldnt do it :laugh:

I would always suggest leaving just a rim or rims there anyways cause then you can put a temp on im sure people on here would leand you some stockies for a week, that way you can keep your car on the roads. rims arnt worth keeping a car off the road.

Thanks for clearing that up, i misunderstood what you were saying.

yea sorry dude i prob didnt word it well in regards...

I never took my car to get work done there for that reason even though they were cheaper :laugh:

Seemed to do fantastic work from what i saw of what they had in the shop thought