SAU Community

Steering Wheel Swap

Let me know too - mine's worn, and like you, I find it Waaaaaaay too big: kinda like:'avast there mates! Hard to port!'.... like steering the fairstar, without the whole breaking down and sinking issues...

I was thinking N15 Pulsar SSS wheel: same design, but smaller diameter from memory.

Even thuo some of the nissan wheels look the same, the airbag module/plugs are different and some have different black boxes built into the wheel behind the airbag module.

I had a pair of R33 GTR steering wheels. They turned out one was from a series 2 GTR and the other was from a series 3 GTR.

I have seen a few stagea's in Japan with r34 GTR wheels, but not sure if they have the airbag plug in.

Could maybe use a r34 GT or S15 wheel?

Best chance is to try and get something from the same year as your car

I have been looking for a Momo factory option wheel for a while, but most for sale are for other model cars.

My car is in at the moment getting gearbox converted to manual, so I do not want to keep the tripronic steering wheel. but the buttons on the wheel could come on handy for NOS :laugh:

post-14923-1185312070_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1185312527_thumb.jpg

a very long time ago.. i was looking at a photo worklog from someone in japan doing a swap with a s15 steering wheel...

the work log seemed to indicate it was a straight swap....

wouldnt have a clue where it was i was reading from tho.. sorry

i couldnt find a s15 wheel.... cheap enough to warrant the swap...

Does the 33 or 34 gtst wheel swap straight in with airbag fittings? the stagea wheel is too bloody big for track work

Bah... Duncan's stealing all my ideas! Next he'll be putting a lift kit and mags originally designed for a Nissan Patrol on it!

'sif I'd really do that. :(

I have seen a stag with an S15 wheel also and believe the sit stated that it was a straight swap I will be interested in the outcome of this as I need to replace mine it looks pretty worse for wear

• 1 month later...
Let me know too - mine's worn, and like you, I find it Waaaaaaay too big: kinda like:'avast there mates! Hard to port!'.... like steering the fairstar, without the whole breaking down and sinking issues...

I was thinking N15 Pulsar SSS wheel: same design, but smaller diameter from memory.

hahahah brilliant! :laughing-smiley-014:

Yeah I'd go for the S15 wheel, they are much nicer,

s15Silviasteeringwheel1.jpg

just make sure you disconnect the positive terminal and discharge it before removing it, or it could hurt you, and definitely don't sit on a bucket with one in it