I pray the son of rajab Lakeside to keep

If I should die before I wake

I pray the son of rajab they lock the gate

(so you bastards cant use it without me) :laughing-smiley-014:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great day!! A huge turnout, took me by surprise!

The walk around the track was a highlight. It bought back a load of good memories - as a kid sitting watching many of the great races.

The old guys (Geoff & Noel, who else :) ) had some stories to tell. Between the pair, they knew every bump and dip on the track!

VERY SAD to see the track not being used - fingers crossed something will change!

Also VERY SAD to see a good looking skidpan just sitting there, doing nothing.

In this day and age, very young driver in that pine rivers area should be on that pan, learning/ improving their driving techniques.

It's a well know fact that young drivers, don't always have the experience, etc , etc. The fact that this facility is sitting unused - to me, this is CRIMINAL!!!!!

The media and general public should stop focusing on the negatives and start look for positive solutions. In this case, they don't need to look far. This facility can help and will make a difference, but only if it's put to good use! :end rant

If you couldn't make it to the track, please visit their side and support however you can. http://www.lakesideraceway.com/

Was great to see catch-up with familiar faces and meet a few new ones!

Where's the pics?? Some bloody nice cars (and bikes) on display!

sorry for the long post - too many beers this afternoon! :cheers

Before I lay me down to sleep

I pray the son of rajab Lakeside to keep

If I should die before I wake

I pray the son of rajab they lock the gate

(so you bastards cant use it without me) :laughing-smiley-014:

was a long walk around the track today. you better rest up old mate :)

What a turn out for the organisers eh? It just goes to show that this facility is supported by far more than are against it, it was good to catch up with a few (very few) people and meet some new ones, well done.

Photographer Im not but here some pics of the day.

post-17300-1186915189_thumb.jpg

post-17300-1186915211_thumb.jpg

post-17300-1186915239_thumb.jpg

post-17300-1186915264_thumb.jpg

post-17300-1186915291_thumb.jpg

post-17300-1186915327_thumb.jpg

was very impressed with the turn out.

i'll agree with geoff on the old school muscle/bike support.

disappointed with the lack of imports. saw pnk32 though :cheers:

am I missing something here?

PRSC Tender Process for Lakeside:

Closing date for EOI – 31 January 2006 - done

Invitation to tender – early March 2006 - done

Tenders close – end of April 2006 -done

Council decision re tenderer – end of May 2006 -done - QR/Tetly won the tender

Leasing negotiations – June 2006 - I assume this is also done. QR put out a newsletter in December 2006 saying they planned alot of rectification work ont he circiut and should have the place open mid 2007. I can't find the newsletter atm, but I'm sure I have it on my home PC somewhere.

did the leasing negotiations between QR and PRSC break down?

Good to see the priorities have been sorted out properly then - a golf course, versus a facility that will most likely have a direct impact on driver safety and behaviour. My faith in humanity has been restored.

I think its all about "Noise polution" atm Harry...

The golf club is against the opening of the track, as far as im aware they are holding up the process trying to get assurance that they wont loose income...

so PRSC and QR haven't completed the leasing negotiations? because if they already have a signed lease arrangement the golf club can whinge all they want - its too late for council to change anything. so can only assume they haven't got that far? There's no actual info about it on the LMRE site or Council press releases, and I haven't heard anything in the local papers either (I live in PRSC, about 10 minutes from Lakeside).

maybe our best hope now is the council amalgamation with Caboolture and Redcliffe. Get some fresh blood in there who'll hopefully want to make use of every possible revenue stream, and with an impartial view at the situation.

the Golf Club built beside the track, not the other way around. They had a viable club before the racetrack closed. So they won't loose any more income than they gained by its closure. The trains straight across the road make alot of noise anyway.

Edited by hrd-hr30

the Golf Club built beside the track, not the other way around. They had a viable club before the racetrack closed. So they won't loose any more income than they gained by its closure. The trains straight across the road make alot of noise anyway.

Thats the way I see it too Harry and I live at Warner/Cashmere, which is 10 minutes from the track also...

Id love to race there, its so much closer than QR and its different...

Fingers crossed it will get there in the end :)

yeah the golf club needs every cent it can get

You mean cause of the drought?

Yeah with the drought in full effect ive noticed it easier to get a late booking to tee off, I can only gather that people are driving up or down the coast to greener courses.

Good to see the priorities have been sorted out properly then - a golf course, versus a facility that will most likely have a direct impact on driver safety and behaviour. My faith in humanity has been restored.

Yeah, some things in life dont make sence.

Hopefully common sence provails and we all get to enjoy some quality lakeside time soon...

MEDIA RELEASE

Thousands Rally for Lakeside

For Immediate Release: 13 August, 2007

Brisbane, Queensland - With only three weeks preparation and a budget of less than two hundred dollars, The Save Lakeside Cruise in Show on Sunday,12 August received over 500 entrants and thousands spectators. Motorcycles and cars of every description poured into Lakeside Raceway to support the Pine Rivers Shire Council's efforts to re-open the landmark circuit.

Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts president Ian Milton said,

"It's been an outstanding success and we're extremely pleased with the number of local people who've turned up."

"It was a very busy weekend for the local motorsport calendar and we're happy with the support even though many clubs couldn't make it due to prior commitments."

A phalanx of motorcycles lined the entrance and one of the most eclectic gatherings of road registered and racing cars filled the southern side of the circuit, all the way down to the famous Karrousel corner. Everything from supercharged hot rods to World War Two motorcycles provided the diverse crowd.

The event was attended by Pine Rivers Shire Deputy Mayor Bryan Battersby and Councillors Dwyer and Charlton. Cr Charlton said the Council recognised motorsport as a "legitimate recreational activity" and reiterated the council's firm commitment to returning motorsport to Lakeside. He also suggested that other issues had arisen that were affecting the re-opening of Lakeside and that people should contact their local State representatives.

Citizens Against Road Slaughter representative Bobbie Henry was well received by the relaxed and attentive crowd. She said,

"As a non government funded organisation CARS appreciates the opportunity to meet with car enthusiasts to explain what we do and how we all can help with reducing the terrible road toll. We support the re-opening of Lakeside as a means to achieving that goal."

For more information, please visit www.lakesideraceway.com.

###

PS: Thanks guys for the effort and support. The day was an unqualifed success, due to your efforts and gets us one step closer to re-opening our track. You guys are Lakeside Legends!

For event pix by Bernard Wylie, visit http://www.p-two.net/Lakeside/images.html

prp150807SaveLakeside.jpg

I use to live 5 mins away from lakeside raceway.Now I live over an hour.(still not a problem)

I hope that it will be reopened soon, as I remember the good old days of racing.

Ford V Holden....Then as I got older being able to drive on the track myself.

It is a real piece of history and one we all would hate to see disappear.

Cheers,

Laser4u.

Col.

You get off your ass and go buy one from LMRE.

As has been demonstrated this cannot be achieved by just web conversations. People actually have to turn up to show their support. I have absolute respect for LMRE conducting this effort in a considered, professional and social manner without resorting to hysterical propaganda and would appear to have left many bridges left unburnt.

I also apologise for leaving but with a disability I was at the limit of my endurance no matter how much I wanted to stay and reminisce old adventures. Thanks for the opportunity.

Col.

You get off your ass and go buy one from LMRE.

As has been demonstrated this cannot be achieved by just web conversations. People actually have to turn up to show their support. I have absolute respect for LMRE conducting this effort in a considered, professional and social manner without resorting to hysterical propaganda and would appear to have left many bridges left unburnt.

I also apologise for leaving but with a disability I was at the limit of my endurance no matter how much I wanted to stay and reminisce old adventures. Thanks for the opportunity.

Huh?

Just cause I didnt make it to the event does not make me lazy, Im too busy with work and life atm and the skyline has not moved in 7-8 weeks to give you and idea of how busy i am. Im not complaining about my current life, just give me a little break, im burning the candle stick at both ends atm and for the next few months. Once thats done I return to my regular life and be happy nd able to attend events again. What you said is a cop out, Im a huge supporter of the track reopening, thanks Geoff.