SAU Community

This Ever Happened To You Guys?

Funz

ok, this happened to me a few weeks ago, thought id post it due to..boredom..beer.. and boredom lol

you ever been followed?

couple of weeks back , was a saturday night, approx 10ish and i was out going for a drive (was bored..seems to happen a lot lol) had turned off church hill ave down the road near Hutchins (with the speed bumps..hate those things) when i noticed a car behind me, noticed it was a peugot 307 (i think, looked like it from the headlights and shape of the bonnet) didnt think of anything at first. so i turned up sandy bay road, cruising up there. went all the way along to harrington street lights on davey and stopped at the red light, noticed the car was still behind me, still didnt think anything of it then, had my window down at the time and some drunk guys and their girls were cheering me on to 'light em up' , one guy even came up to my window for extra 'support', so i endulged them. i checked my mirrors and the stopping traffic, no police. since i dont like dumping the clutch i took off as per normal but gave it full throttle once it grabbed and let the rear wheels spin going over the crest (not something i do very often since i like my rubber keeping on the tarmac) everything settled down and i stopped at the next lights. procceded down harrington towards north hobart at a normal pace, still noticing the 307? behind me. came up to the intersection where BOB jane is, so i decided to turn left at the lights, indicating as per normal i headed up the street. The car was still following! at this stage i turned onto hill street heading towards arthur, turned left at that intersection then did a quick right to head down the back of north hobart towards newtown. Now i was doing the speed limit but taking the corners quicker than i normally would. after a few twisty bits i got to the main road which has calvary on it, at this stage i thought, if they were really following me they would of been behind me by now. i saw a few headlights in my mirror but couldnt be sure if it was the same car. I then found myself headin towards the Kmart intersection , stopped at the lights with pizza hut on my left. then what do you know, the 307 was stopped right behind me. This time i looked in every mirror possible and even behind me to properly check things out. I noticed a guy in the passenger seat, some guy in the rear seats moving about a lot, and what i believe is a chick in the driver seat, unless it was a guy with a mullet lol. at this stage i decided to head towards town to see whats what and see if they would continue. but once we got half way up the main road near all the shops they pulled over, U turned and headed towards moonah. This kinda freaked me out a little, being a new import car owner , and one with a rather recognisable car, i was wondering what they were planning to do.

i try not to dwell, but its kinda disturbing, anyone else had anything similar??

similar sorta thing happened to me & my bro in his 32 gtst...but he is crazy, wern't follow us for nearly as long.

i thought sum1 may hav been following us(approx 3-4k's round hobart) so i mentioned it to my bro...umm well he just chucked it back a gear & flattened it...umm didn't see em anymore but weird yes

maybe they were just following you to see if you would do any cooks?

i know im not in a position to tell anyone this, but my suggestion to you all is to make sure u hav an immobliser & keep an eye on ur cars coz their seem to be a few car thefts lately & ppl doin this sorta thing...well it just makes u wonder......what were they doing? were they casing my car out?

i will keep an eye out for any suspicious activity around imports & such as i am in the hobart area most nytes....its really pitiful wen u gotta be worrying about ur cars safety 24/7...but thats what society has become...a world full of worrys

cheers

Andrew :pirate:

Might be interesting to know that i have been booked by a copper in a under cover peugot at the start of this year in king street in sandy bay

Edited by guesty

Might be interesting to know that i have been booked by a copper in a under cover peugot at the start of this year in king street in sandy bay

yeah, had thought that it might have been an undercover..until i saw 3 people in the car which , to me, seems like an overkill for an undercover car lol

i kno this is completly off-topic, but thought it was releavant...

a mate of mine was going from new norfolk towards granton the other day, a car was tail-gating him. so he put the foot down(obviously over the speed limit)then came on the lights so he kept on going :thumbsup: & there was the boys in blue waiting for him at granton...i dont kno if their allowed to tail-gate u like that, but that is a perfect example of what not to do if being followed :rolleyes: unless ur driving a bugatti :rofl:

cheers

Andrew ;)

it happened to us one before,someone was following us all round the gold coast for about half hour

we ended up stoping at a set of lights,so they had no choice but to stop behind us,we stumbled out,triped over as if we were drunk,an asked them if they had any beers

the lighs changed,they took off,we did'nt see them after that

would have been in trouble if it was the police but,trying to explain they were worn t really drunk it was funny but