SAU Community

Carmate.com

Hi All,

Just bought a R33 flush boot lid and GTR grill from the above mentioned Carmate and my panel beater's quote went from $200 spray and fit to $600 spray and fit, he was under the opinion that the boot arrived really uneven and that it would require lots of work, it seems to me though that his secound quote is a little high, Anyone else bought from Carmate and have they had similar troubles??? does the panel beaters pricing sound expensive or is that normal????

thanks for your input fellas.

this is the boot lid:

http://www.carmate.com/product_details.php...T&p_id=9411

Edited by immortal^

yeah man, there are a few posts in here if you do a search

I've bought a grille off them, total rip off paid $200, didn't look anything like the photo!!!!

the photo was plastic and with mesh in behind, i got some fibreglass piece of crap that didn't fit at all :P

i don't recommend them at all, infact I think there should be a sticky put up on this forum somewhere, maybe under Traders, saying not to buy from them!!!

There crap! they dont fit !

I use to run a panel shop and people used to try and get me to fit there body kit, can spend up to 8-10hours getting a front bar to fit somtimes.

i brought a front bar off them, it wasnt shipped the best but it arrived ok! it fitted ok but i did it my self. and got a friend to spray it for me. but it could have been better!!

Carmate are shit... there panels dont fit properly and requires a lot of work to get them to a reasoanble state. The spray job seems expensive. Give Xclusive colours in granville a call they're really good.

i bought a bonnet for my lancer a few years back and yeah it didnt fit properly but with some modifications it turned out pretty well visually apart from the fact you basically had to sit on it in order for it to clip in, taking my experience into account id always pay extra now for a better product, well worth it in the long run

bought a front bar off em arrived in like 2 days after ordering it. but there was a chunk missing out of it. but was sorted out and wasnt too much trouble with fitting. also with there body kits they are just primed not gel coated.

EEIIK!!!! what have i done ..... dam it, i guess you live and learn huh?! oh well next time I'll be sure to ask you good people first,

thanks for all the responses. :)