SAU Community

Jap Plates In Aus?

you are completely wrong mate. the link you posted talks about carnets for overseas citizens who want to bring their car out here to drive around, then leave. some bits from the link:

and to get one you have to pay a security equal to 100% of the value of the car to the issuing authority. AND it still does not allow you to "I believe that if you owned the car overseas you can register the same plates here." you are so far wrong it's not funny. actually it is a little bit funny.

when international cars come in for Targa Tasmania we even organise temp rego permits for them and they are only in Australia for a few weeks.

I'm sorry but you are clearly lying. I mean this guy has a 1.3 million dollar house and a 5 year old jaguar from hong kong... he must be right.

I never said he is a citizen here, and he did left.

I don't know what the fuzz is about. People saw cars with plates from other countries driving around, if you've never seen one, then don't believe me or others who saw them.

Back to the topic and I believe some of the info is potential answer to the OP, and thats that.

Its definately been around for a fair while. Its one of those things where if it was illegal, they would of been pulled over god knows how long ago... especially living or atleast.. the car residing in Brighton :)

I never said he is a citizen here, and he did left.

I don't know what the fuzz is about. People saw cars with plates from other countries driving around, if you've never seen one, then don't believe me or others who saw them.

Back to the topic and I believe some of the info is potential answer to the OP, and thats that.

The 'fuzz' is about you claiming that cars can be registered with overseas numberplates in Australia. They can't. They get a UVP under carnet for a limited amount of time. Can't make it any clearer than that sorry... unless your idea of 'registration' includes Unregistered Vehicle Permits which would say alot :)

• 3 weeks later...