SAU Community

Slide Highflow Turbo Vs Kkr430

47une

i think with every turbo you will find atleast 1 person that has something bad to say, even if it is a hks or garret, etc. the better stuff will just have less people that have had a bad experience.

i think the flow problem with the kkr turbos would be because of the v-band housing.

Yeah, I have seen the design of them and they are not the best. But you also hear of a lot of people using them with great success. I think I am going to go the KKR430.

I wonder if this is the same with all of them or just the smaller ones. Because I have had a few other mates using the KKR430 with no problems of overboosting and they said they were actually quite responsive.

Yeah, I have seen the design of them and they are not the best. But you also hear of a lot of people using them with great success. I think I am going to go the KKR430.

week ego I install this turbo on GTST R33, Here in georgia we have no dyno ore good tuning center so we install it in garage:) so car was stock just have installed FMIC and exaust, while instalation KKR430 need no modification or somthing like this just need to make suitable connectors for oil and water but its easy, stock westgate is on 11 psi in begining we had little detonation on top boost but after ignition regulation it was ok, we change westgate on stock turbo westgate and it cames on 8psi after we boost it on 12 PSI now car is ok and feels much faster but again without DYNO results:)

if you will have any questions write me:)

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone got any info bout holding boost in the kkr turbos? ive got a kkr480 on my car and we cant seem to get it to hold anything below 16psi in 1/2nd gears and 3rd/4th hits around 1.2bar..

wot needs to be done 2 help it hold boost and not creep dammit lol

has anyone got any info bout holding boost in the kkr turbos? ive got a kkr480 on my car and we cant seem to get it to hold anything below 16psi in 1/2nd gears and 3rd/4th hits around 1.2bar..

wot needs to be done 2 help it hold boost and not creep dammit lol

hey mate ive got a kkr430 you need to get the wastegate bored out and a new flap put in and that should solve it i think wont knoe till next week i went to MTQ in adelaide $200 he is charging

hey mate ive got a kkr430 you need to get the wastegate bored out and a new flap put in and that should solve it i think wont knoe till next week i went to MTQ in adelaide $200 he is charging

ok mate ill look into it!!!

my kkr480 has like a flap at the back of the housing with a sirclip holding it in which looks like u can run a seperate wastegate pipe then join up furth down the dump, instead of the wastegate gases going 90 degrees then out the exhaust. hmmm wonder if that would help it? so they just flow straight out.cause wouldnt over boosting be caused cause the wastegate cant get rid of the gases quick enough? there for a straight pipe off the wastegate should help me flow and hold boost better? who knows. hmmmmm

• 1 month later...
just wondering if anyone know when the kkr480 or kkr430 comes on boost at??

so i i can tell you about KKR430 it comes on 2200-2400 rpm, this turbo is really super we install it on automatic R33, we here in georgia dont have any Dyno and dont know what power it gives but i can tell yo several times we tested it vs M3 1996 3.0 286Hp and on 402m at finish line M3 was at least 7 m behind :P and dont forget it was manual :P so turbo is really good and am going to buy it soon but dont know what to buy 430 or 480:)

Anyone have any idea what the spool time difference is between the 480 and 560, on paper the only difference is the 3" inlet as opposed to the 2.5" on the 480, and the 560 has a bigger front wheel, ive pretty much decided to go the 480 just wondering if there is much of a difference in spool time compared to the 560, if not i may as well get the 560 for the extra $100.

You will probably find that the 560 wont bolt on with out a spacer as you have to grind the compressor housing on the 480 to make it fit on an RB, running a spacer means you will have alignment problems if you try to use the KKR dump pipe.

You will probably find that the 560 wont bolt on with out a spacer as you have to grind the compressor housing on the 480 to make it fit on an RB, running a spacer means you will have alignment problems if you try to use the KKR dump pipe.

Just sent otomoto an email to check the size of the comp covers.

ive got a kkr430 havent put iton yes they overboost you have to get the wastegate machined out it cost me $200 for em todo the job so hopefully its fixed that littl problem waiting untill next week to get it put on will let you knoe how it goes gotta get my microtech LT10s on azwell so ill see how it goes if its crap im gonna get the garret gt3071 or smething for a little fun :P

mate has a kkr560 on his soarer and he made 263rwkw on standard internals, injectors, ecu. he only has a fmic, 38mm wastegate and full exhaust. it has abit of lag but when its on it really pulls hard.

Im assuming thats on a 1jz?

Also any tips on someone preferably in S.E melb to bore out the wastegate?

Im assuming thats on a 1jz?

Also any tips on someone preferably in S.E melb to bore out the wastegate?

well wat i reckon u should do is weld shut the flap and go external gate. but thats me. and yes its a 1jz