SAU Community

Se Qld Mt Cootha Bbq And Cruise 5th Of August

markimak

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a problem marky, i didnt mind cookin lol. the guy in the 323 btw, hes my misses brother, i was mates with him before i even knew he had a sis and now ive bin with her for 2yrs! its good to hav an in law that was a mate lol. yea did end up goin to the coast cos scaditional (think thats his name) was at yatla bp wen i pulled up to get my uhf off al in the 323, we went to the surfers and saw everyone havin a bbq there, on gas bbqs!!!!!! then saw 90RNO and a few others down the spit, and ther was no cops down ther wen we went, didnt see one! we can orgainse sumtin for next time together for sure and dnt worry ill be hitting u up for sure wen i go and get some stuff for my car. thanx for a good day (the misses enjoyed it too)

Dazza

Btw ps. alan reckoned u cudnt shake him goin down the hill on the way home, whats the go?lol

Edited by long33

not a problem marky, i didnt mind cookin lol. the guy in the 323 btw, hes my misses brother, i was mates with him before i even knew he had a sis and now ive bin with her for 2yrs! its good to hav an in law that was a mate lol. yea did end up goin to the coast cos scaditional (think thats his name) was at yatla bp wen i pulled up to get my uhf off al in the 323, we went to the surfers and saw everyone havin a bbq there, on gas bbqs!!!!!! then saw 90RNO and a few others down the spit, and ther was no cops down ther wen we went, didnt see one! we can orgainse sumtin for next time together for sure and dnt worry ill be hitting u up for sure wen i go and get some stuff for my car. thanx for a good day (the misses enjoyed it too)

Dazza

Btw ps. alan reckoned u cudnt shake him goin down the hill on the way home, whats the go?lol

really my brother my gf and the squeal from my contisports II thought other wise :( .. i saw him on my ass when it got more windy i let go and lost him easially my brother was hanging off the door and hand support and he was going on about how tighter the 180 goes than the R34 did. RE010Rs please... >_< by the time i got to the bottom of the hill i didnt see him for another 20secs of cruising :sorcerer: lol. perhaps we should have a rematch uphill aswell :laughing-smiley-014:

anyway so they had one at the coast. perhaps next time u can organise one for the coast and ill bring the brisbane ppl down to the coast. :) think that would be fair.

...ps nothing beats that wood fired BBQ singeing ur arm hairs as u try to turn a snag on the BBQ.

^ohh like when they issued personally invites for that cruise a while back..? hmm good idea.. i realy did not expect soo many to show up. was good though next time we'll see if we can make it better. >_< but i think a BBQ is a quick and easy way to feed lots on a budget so if someone makes a cruise again soon just throwing up that idea as it worked well for the people who wer still around at the end. :(

ps vince when do u need a hand putting old black ninja back together..?

and anyone got anymore pics

yea id love to organise one for the gold coast but then ill mis out on the best part, cruising down the highway in a line of like 20 skylines!i love the the looks on peoples faces! and im liking the sound of the personal invites but from what iv read on previous threads it wudnt have mattered in our case cos theres always cops at mt cootha apparently, wonder how the mini trucks went!dont wory ill believe u, alans full of it at time lol. still cant believe u gave up a gtr, but then again the 180 is smick. arm hairs will grow back, its the embarrasment about the burnt "vegtable sausages" incedent i wont get over for a while lol. wish i had more pics, o well next time.

Edited by long33

yea id love to organise one for the gold coast but then ill mis out on the best part, cruising down the highway in a line of like 20 skylines!i love the the looks on peoples faces! and im liking the sound of the personal invites but from what iv read on previous threads it wudnt have mattered in our case cos theres always cops at mt cootha apparently, wonder how the mini trucks went!dont wory ill believe u, alans full of it at time lol. still cant believe u gave up a gtr, but then again the 180 is smick. arm hairs will grow back, its the embarrasment about the burnt "vegtable sausages" incedent i wont get over for a while lol. wish i had more pics, o well next time.

ahaha

hmm well how about this.. HINZE damn.. meet point 1. BP yatala. meet point 2. BWCP or somewhere closer to the highway then hinze damn..? if u build it bro ill support u...

yeah i do miss my old GTR.. ill put up a pic ok. it was nice. Grade 3.5 genuine kms strong engine 1 dent on the whole car 0 wear on interior... and not 1 fault when getting RWC 18months after owning it except tyres.. :P but it was time to hang up my AWD straight line dragging boots and get into my slides.. i was chassing 22k for a while and wouldnt drop as its not worth selling at the typical GTR level. so a smick 180sx came up same price advertised. he got a rwc. he got one for mine. and we did the swap. ill go into the whole uncle arthur story telling stage later on..

so hinze damn..? heard it is fairly good. and ur mate alan can have round 2 with me :sorcerer:

more pics next time too..

anyone got some pics of my 180sx.?

post-25555-1186397372_thumb.jpg

i was thinking maybe either the dam or the rockpools up springbrook, dunno if uve herd of them, good place to go in summer but not sure bout winter, basically its a nice place to all drive up, take a dip in the rock pool(fresh water) and drive back down. im still thinkin, another place was paradise point but its always packed on the weekends by families.then theres tambo mountain, and if we were all keen to go the other side of surfers we could go to point danger in tweed,but thats over the border and mite be too far for brissy people. dunno?? that was a clean gtr, but that y i love my four door, same power as a 2door so rears spin easy, then throw in the added weight of the back doors and that makes corners very fun to tackle at speed/in the wet! mine was the only one on ur cruise too! how happy/sad was i???!!! happy i was individual, sad i was a loner lol

i was thinking maybe either the dam or the rockpools up springbrook, dunno if uve herd of them, good place to go in summer but not sure bout winter, basically its a nice place to all drive up, take a dip in the rock pool(fresh water) and drive back down. im still thinkin, another place was paradise point but its always packed on the weekends by families.then theres tambo mountain, and if we were all keen to go the other side of surfers we could go to point danger in tweed,but thats over the border and mite be too far for brissy people. dunno?? that was a clean gtr, but that y i love my four door, same power as a 2door so rears spin easy, then throw in the added weight of the back doors and that makes corners very fun to tackle at speed/in the wet! mine was the only one on ur cruise too! how happy/sad was i???!!! happy i was individual, sad i was a loner lol

I'll try a bring my 4dr along next time hey, instead of just doing a drive by.

springbrook sounds good. aslong as wer guarenteed some good roads some scenery and a place to eat then im sure they will come.

build it and they will come.

let me organise a place, time etc etc first jeez lol that dat sounds good for a cruise but gota make sure it dnt coincide with netin already on here eg track day or sumtin. plus i gota get the time off work first, just be patiant.

yep give everyone at least a month in advance. well make this one the biggest yet.. 40 lines cruising and a BBQ to feed all..

the way i checked if ther is BBQ facilities on mt cootha was open up the UBD and look at the map and look for the fireplace symbol. they wer everywhere. im sure the places ur thinking of has the same symbols. u know wat im talking bout darren..

looking forward to this.

yep give everyone at least a month in advance. well make this one the biggest yet.. 40 lines cruising and a BBQ to feed all..

the way i checked if ther is BBQ facilities on mt cootha was open up the UBD and look at the map and look for the fireplace symbol. they wer everywhere. im sure the places ur thinking of has the same symbols. u know wat im talking bout darren..

looking forward to this.

Thats a good idea, i mite just cruise up ther on a day off to check for good photo stops too and parking, been up the rock pools before but never bbq'd so i have to check that out, also another place i was thinking has AMAZIN roads, very windy and STEEP! but im not sure about the parking-mt panorama.

I have one more thing to check up, up the back of bonogin, a suburb down here, my old boss lived up that way but i never went further than his house so i mite cruise further and see if theres sumwhere good to bbq.

sounds like iv got my work cut out!lol but this will be mad when its sorted!