SAU Community

Toyota's Answer To Nissan

yeah thats fine but im not arguing that point im sayin that u put a stock r34 gtt on the dyno and youll get what 160rwkw or there abouts where as the trd aurion will do more!

so u can go on about the gentlemens agreement but fact is u have to a base or start point of the arguement still look at the figures they dont lie 206kw at the engine is still 160rwkw.. that being said the aurion will still whoop its ass!

no matter which way u look at it it still doesnt change

cheers..

Oh.......

Did you forget the 350Z or the INFINITY Q45(Aus)..5.5 seconds 0 to 100(Sedan)

or the Nissan(Infinity)line up.Below...5.9 seconds 0 to 100(Sedan)

http://www.asianweek.com/2002_02_01/consumer_auto.html

Or do they not count..I am sure the power figures are higher than that...at least what they are quoted anyway.

And for any of the above models getting their asses whipped by an Aurion...lol..highly unlikely.

What is the Aurians 0 to 100 figure anyway?

http://www.trd.com.au/TRD/#main/vehicles/t...e=trdAurionMIMS

No specs here..just..lalalalalalalala.....and more..la..... :laughing-smiley-014:

For every washing machine or fridge Toyota has built..I can name you a Nissan thats better.

This is why I own 3 Nissans.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fark.. how many of you clowns have horse blinkers on?

the fastest stock turbo'd AUTO soarer in aus runs 12.3 using stock turbo's as stated, darg radials, MV auto's stage one shift kit (no stall converter).

making 230rwkw.

soarers, brakes are adequate for about 15 mins of good braking.

front suspension... shithouse and expensive to fix which is common @ 100k mark, like all the sourers that get imported.

do like hte idea of the electoronically adjustable suspension though... makes some.. not alot but some differnce....

manuals are usually swaps as the soarer shares the same chasis tunnel as a supra.. can put the top in an cut n shut.. walla, there was a stock option for manual but no one who bought 1 got it with manual.. the numbers were so low it was double digit... cant remember exactly now.

still handles like a bloody barge is right though.

1jz... its ok.. il give its vvti version points... but meh... 2jz.. differrent story.

straight line.... good luck... it has the ceramic hot side for thier turbos also... guess what... those twins werent going to last long @ that power.. but the owner said that about his own car when he posted what you are quoting. if my gtst came stock with twins i believe there would be poofteenths in power output and my gts -t would still cane the crap out of it...

anything that breaks has a lexus logo on it... add 200% to the cost...

ps that jza-709 rip off you are quoting hadstock turbos... but was not stock... think usual stage 1 mods for a r33 but slightly more exy on the exhuast, had inj done, management, pump.. the owner has a few you tube vids about his car... how the tt is faster than the v8 4lt quad cam... it does cane the v8 but it cost hime heaps to do... the v8 with a super charger.....**hard to do** is a much nicer car to drive though.

haha! break down! a toyota motor break down!!! haha that would be a laugh.

Mate, dont get me wrong, Could be Electrical issue, doesnt have to be engine. If you read my post i didnt say the engine breaks down, and I even added how they are have great Engines. Car / And Engine --- Engine is only 1 part of the car.

I agree Toyota's engines are tufff. the only engines ive ever seen , that can repeatedly clock over 1,000,000kms and keep on going. Tuff as nuts!

this thread is hilarious.

soarers are a piece of shit. i nearly bought one before i bought my supra. so happy i went with the latter.

skylines are ok......gtr is where its at boys and girls. then rx7's.

to the dude saying he is getting a soarer good luck i hope u like taking corners at 15 kmh lol. they seriously are a f**ken titanic of a car.

btw. toyotas do brake. i did a huge drift in my supra and my harmonic balancer shot off the motor and tore apart the fan and shroud around it. lucky i was 350m from home.

toyota should bring back the 2jz and build a new supra to match the upcoming gtr.

well what ever their answer is, they are now the worlds biggest producer of cars, over taking GM

Like LG

World largest producer of white goods........don't make them good though.....except to their share holders. >_<

World largest producer of white goods........don't make them good though.....except to their share holders. :D

Or McDonalds being one of the world's most common restaurants.

Popular does not equal good.

But in Toyotas case they are good. Like it or not, the vast majority of car buyers just dont give a shit about performance or handling. They want reliability, comfort, practicallity, quality and low upkeep costs. There isnt a better car manufacturer than Toyota to meet these criteria. If I didnt give a shit about cars, a Toyota would be the most logical car to choose, even if they are bland.... McDonalds on the other hand is not a logical meal, its for kids and fat broad minded persons.

As for the original question, Toyota's flagship performance car was the Supra, much like the GTR. The GTR was originally supposed to be RWD but they wanted more traction due to tyre width restrictions in racing (cant remember was it Group A??)... If they decided to stay RWD like all Skylines of previous generations, would be extremely similar to Supra. Its like the Porsche 911 and its rivals, there is nothing like a 911 in the world with its fat arse but its still hunted by all.

My 1J supra was a better drive than mr RB26 Stagea, but you get that. My stagea is quicker, and sounds enormously better, but the Supra handled better, and the engine was SOOOOOO smooth. The 1J is,much better put together engine than the RB26, I believe, but I'm stating this opinion on the wrong forums... I love my stagea, but my supra was almost 10 yrs older and had heaps more potential... What can I say?? I miss my Supra.