SAU Community

'redlines' For Tyres

frogman

Like the title says...

I've been thinking about getting Redlines done on my tyres, or maybe even thin whitestripes

(not fat 'white walls' like hot rods)

Does anyone know who does them in Sydney & any idea how much they would be?

they're about 40 bucks a tyre.. i'll get the number off a mate of mine.. only downside to that is that u can no longer use any tyre shine product on them anymore as it strips the "wall" away.. and IF you happen to hit or even brush close to a curve... you just wasted 40 bucks

only downside to that is that u can no longer use any tyre shine product on them anymore as it strips the "wall" away.. and IF you happen to hit or even brush close to a curve... you just wasted 40 bucks

Yeah? hmm... is that just for the whitewalls, or reds too? What/how do they do them?

speaking of red things with tyres, anyone know where i can get my hand on tyres that give out red smoke, i wouldnt mind getting some for drift days!

Not sure where you get them but i know they are made by Kumho.

Yeah? hmm... is that just for the whitewalls, or reds too? What/how do they do them?

first they "groove" the tyre, then pour the rubber color into that grove. but.. the glue that holds that together reacts with the oils of tyre shines.. foam or otherwise. I was thinking of getting mine done but changed my mind. :thumbsup:

speaking of red things with tyres, anyone know where i can get my hand on tyres that give out red smoke, i wouldnt mind getting some for drift days!

get a car that can turn a tyre first :thumbsup:

first they "groove" the tyre, then pour the rubber color into that grove. but.. the glue that holds that together reacts with the oils of tyre shines.. foam or otherwise. I was thinking of getting mine done but changed my mind. :)

geez, wouldn't have thought that the old armour-all would kill glue... might change my mind too then... I like shiney tyres!

get some liquid paper for whitewalls. colour liquid paper line with red marker for red lines.

this explains many things about the condition of your cars >_<

Not sure where you get them but i know they are made by Kumho.

you can buy them now, theres only a certain number of places that sell them.

i think wheelworx in adelaide sell them.

also you can now get blue. yellow and green smoke tyres.

dpending on size there like $100 and up . and you cant drive on them road with them