SAU Community

Safc Tune

Lol guess what guys.. The other performance shop quote me 600 to 800!! WTF? Extra WTF! Can't remember the name of them but its completely ripping off guys! Anyway i have to get someone elses to install and tune around 200. Anyone know any good place to do? In sydney area thanks! Cheers paul

Edited by tyaos

I have R33 safc 1 blue screen, fmic 3 inch exhaust 12.5 psi on std turbo. I have removed 1% fuel in high throtle map (50% thottle or more) from 3000rpm to redline with no adverse effects. Obviously will get a tune done one day but i am pretty comfortable that all is ok atm.

Can anyone else with a tuned safc confrim that no richening of ur a/f's was needed on boost from 3000rpm to redline..

This has helped me with rich and retard issues too as before i did this i could only run like 10 psi before r&r became an issue.

Deffinately no audible ping, car feels like it pulls fine to redline in all gears.

I dare say install it your self or if you dont know what a soldering iron is ask a mate who does. Then get it tuned, it doesn't take long at all and I have seen good results.

My mate paid $100 for his R34 GTT to be tuned with SAFC and thats in Tasmania FFS where everthing is 100x more expensive when it comes to tuning.

He had stock every thing exept full 3" exhaust and dump.

He went from 158RWKW to 171RWKW!

Well worth the $100.

Also the guy who said 1% less on all rev range.. thats not gonna make any difference really. you would be going from say 12.8:1 to 12.7:1 Air fuel mixture.

When I get off my arse and wire my SAFC2 in I will be making up a basic tune before I get to dyno because I have a lot of experience with SAFCs and I know my car is getting too rich in top end from 6000-7000rpm so I will lean it a tad there and lean it a little before boost to help spool. But this will only be temp for about a week till I get into dyno.

Edited by Finny

Its pretty easy to install. The instructions tells you exactly what to do. The only bad thing is the position you have to do it in. Just put a couple of towels on the grond so your knees dont get sore..lol