SAU Community

Km's On Your Clock

Buy interstate..........................There's no way you'll get anything decent for $15k here otherwise, not series 2 anyways.

You say buyinterstate and thjen say you wont get anything descent for 15k here otherwise meaning in SA or in Aust (ill have to import)

Cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not a problem that you haven't caused hay..... Wanna be home mechanic? or not... Im a bike mechanic and see it all the time so no offense if its not that!

Very happy with buying an auto, can just sit back and chill out. Yes fitting bikes in the back is half the idea of buying a stag... can get my bike to races quicker and in more style.

Bikes fit in easily int the back ... and the great thing with the stagea is the back seats can be dropped by using the levers in the boot. But l've fit two road bikes in the back of mine no problems, obviously front wheels on both were taken off though.

Must say, l'm actually now looking for roof racks for my bike now, too much stuff in the boot, and taking the cover out all the time is a pain. Plus means a few of us can go in one car, as opposed to having to take 2 when we go out on hill climbs.

You say buyinterstate and thjen say you wont get anything descent for 15k here otherwise meaning in SA or in Aust (ill have to import)

Cheers

Decent S2 for $15k here (ADL) definitely not. I got mine from Melb, 2000, S2, RS4S, 83kms, with Dayz bodykit from a dealer for $16k. I was the first owner in Oz. I can give you his contact if you want. Import yourself and I'm sure you'll definitely be able to get a decent one for that price.

I bought private from ex sau CoolPC, 18k 2yrs ago for a series 1 (cost him 30k a year prior to that).

Got the RWC and 3months rego in Qld, flew up and inspected and paid for it, had it shipped back down.

Took it to the Sturt cop shop checking station (next to sturt rd cop shop, looks like a council yard), had engine/vin checked. Had cat back exhaust, I changed the pod to an airbox/panelfilter before hand, and took off the bleed valve. Got passed no probs. paid for sa rego, then started on the mods.

Im in morphett vale down south, more then welcome to sound me out for a look:see and drive.

Look for a series 2 interstate for 15-17k stock and bring her back ! wont be a problem. and air flights are cheap enough to warrent checking it out prior to purchase.

Good luck mate, pm me if you need any further info, etc. :)

I own a Skyline R34 Gt its done 200,000K's. I am Loving that i got it a few months ago. and i picked her up @ 185,000 k's.

Cars are ment To Be Driven People! just Flush it out. Get a Major Service. And Enjoy :whistling:

there is no point buying a car and letting it SIT there!!!!!

TAKE it DRIVE it LOVE it!!!!!!! :)

post-39714-1185930671_thumb.jpg

post-39714-1185930717_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just brought my first Stag (an loving it...) it came with just under 50,000km on the clock. paid $14k for it. I know it is a 1997 model and still learning more about it every day

(I am the wife of Felix)

I just brought my first Stag (an loving it...) it came with just under 50,000km on the clock. paid $14k for it. I know it is a 1997 model and still learning more about it every day

(I am the wife of Felix)

I've brought this up in many threads before - while it probably had 50k on the clock, it probably had somewhere between 90k and 120k at the wheels.. 50k is a common wind back point - it is a very rare car that has actually done only 5k per year!

That doesn't mean you haven't got a good deal though, these cars are fine at many more km's that 50k! People focus too much on km's, and not enough on the ACTUAL condition of the car.. :-) With a few minor things along the way, I reckon the stagea's will be OK for 300K kms at least (I know one R31 skyline that has done 500K kms so far, with nothing but regular services and injectors & shock absorbers changed...)

Ian

I find it fine at the moment. There is nothing major and ultimately the kms don't bother me. If it is a good car I would still buy it at 300k+ kms

(wife of felix)

exactly the right approach :-) Have fun with it - I bought the rs4s for the wife and she likes it a lot (which surprised me a bit) I still slightly prefer (unless it is raining) the r34 - as a result we don't have to argue about who takes which car.. :-)

Ian

• 2 months later...

Just picked mine up from the highway (met the car carrier) not long ago.... S1, 147K standard rust under the mirrors, other than that, freakin sweeeeeeet! I haven't even driven it much, but I love it already.... frig they look tough for a wagon! I've only ever seen 2 in the flesh before this, and OMG its soooo f'in sweet. Can't wait to give it a good cut and polish..... It's only the second or third Stag in Coffs, so I've gotta make it something special! I LOVE IT!!!

Nissans are tough. We all drive a Skyline of sorts. They are allmade in Factory 5. Going back to the Prince GT.

My first Sky I had for 600ks, untouched. She just finally wore out. I dont see why a Stagea, properly serviced, could not achieve similar kliks.

I just bought another R30, only done 240ks, its nearlyrun in.

i've had a few 31's, they dont mind km's, except for the vents and heater controls!

1997, 87thou km currently, purchased at 80000km at the end of august, advertised for 15k silver s1. Previous owner bought it 2yrs ago for 26ish with 42thou on the clock. Was his family car. I love it!

-Ryan

with 30k in my pocket (wha its cost me all up, 18k car +13k mods) I'll grab yours for 16k and start all over bwahaahaha

then she will be :)

wonder what I could do with 14k of mods :)

lol 13 14 big deal thats the diference between a slide turbo and a gcg turbo, ie same mods list

nah I'll keep mine thanks

:spank:

lol.. personally i'd never swap a car that you know for a car that you dont know.. not unless you made a considerable saving!

mine's basically stock.. lowered a tad with a kit, converted to manual of course. has leather :) i had big plans for it but unfortunately buying a house has ruined those.. maybe one day

Edited by jasevr4

i bought my R33 with 123,000km on the clock, and it was in good condition, the exterior was imaculate, not one dent/scratch/mark, anything! and the interior was in pretty good nick too.

with imports you tend to look at the condition of the car itself, and its auction grade.

when i bought my R33 3 years ago, it was one of the only cars available that showed over 100,000km on the clock, but it was one of the best looking too, and as a result i got a decent amount of suspension gear with it for the price of a R33 with "apparently" less than 100,000km on it...

3 years after buying it, and it being written off, it had 154,000km on it. :P