SAU Community

Sau Vic Track Club Championship - Round 6 - Sandown Sprints - Sunday 19th August

Budge

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep - I'm officially stoked.

I ran a 1:24.76 on my 4th session. BIG thanks to Snowy for showing me some lines - that really helped. It was a 4 second PB for me! :thumbsup:

I'm even happier with the results considering the car is essentially a exhaust and tune (230awkw) and some semi comps. Stock suspension and brakes at this point. I can't wait to get back out there with some suspension.

Mav - No worries mate!

Bring on the next track day! :angry:

Here is some of the footage I took from Sandown (19/8/07)

Some external footage (mostly commodores and 1 VW) I sat out this session due to some noise issues which were fixed later in the day.

Save as - 12mb

My fastest lap for the day - 1:25:91 :thumbs:

Save as - 6mb

The first supersprint - Hung (red classic porsche) jumped me off the line but couldn't quiet make the LHS of the camera shot, sorry Hung, nice try! :giggle:

Save as - 31mb

I didnt actually run so my car is still in one piece :D

Meh, after your cheap shot at my car. Coming to a track day with not enough pads idoesnt fly. Hell, even i changed my pads on Saturday as the old ones were a little past 50% :thumbsup::angry::P

I had two sets of new DS3000 front pads with me. But i'm saving myself for the real race.

Start of the day, pads = 80%

End of the day = 15%

here's a few of my in-car vids

My quickest lap - 1:33.2

Passing the blown Banana, that was a sad site

Collage of sideways action

Limping to pits after an intercooler hose blew off

Good vids people

I had two sets of new DS3000 front pads with me. But i'm saving myself for the real race.

Start of the day, pads = 80%

End of the day = 15%

Dont even bother replying mate. I was only stirring....plus i am just tired and shitty, and probably a little sensitive. My car will have to continue to be an unreliable wreck as im not going to commit the money it requires to get the car to the level of some others :) It will do me. It just hard to sit back and watch so may other guys go so quick :D

The Stig was on a mission for a 17, but driving with anger was not going to cut it.... Smooth is the Stig's style, but the gearbox wasn't up for another session...

Although it was great entertainment for the spectators, so I was told anyway.....

That it was Jack, that it was!

Nice work too Matt, that's really f**kin quick for an essentially stock car!

Jenny (Timetronics) didn't know how to prepare that sheet, we tried but it wasn't grabbing the lowest times.

Ian returns from timing the V8's at Oran Park today and I have already asked him to prepare the summary page and post it on the natsoft site.

So stay tuned. ;)

5 35 Andrew Richmond (1) Toyota 79 :LOL SKL 3 2 1:19.5813

what car is that referring to?

only toyota's i remember was the corona and corolla, also went through the pics but no toyota's in group 1 :)