SAU Community

Super-spotted Thread

Jamezilla

porsche cayman on the ring road [CAYMNN]

had a good run with him/her, not as quick as i thought it was for a porsche...

anyone know any figures for these cars?

looks just like a boxter with hardtop :banana:

Pretty much is a boxster with a hardtop mate :banana:

Pretty much is a boxster with a hardtop mate :banana:

Not quite. Bigger engine, harder suspension, other differences.

Looks the same (because porsche have the imagination of a stubby holder), but engineered to fill the gap between the boxster and the 911.

porsche cayman on the ring road [CAYMNN]

had a good run with him/her, not as quick as i thought it was for a porsche...

anyone know any figures for these cars?

looks just like a boxter with hardtop :banana:

Yep it's pretty much exactly between Boxster and Carrera - in price and performance.

R35 GT-R at Gran Turismo Autos spencer st city hmmm must go and check it out

thats wot i thought... was driving past nearly slammed on teh brakes in shock! lol

i thought they hadnt arrived yet or whats the go cause ive heard ppl have been seeing them other places also

Yep it's pretty much exactly between Boxster and Carrera - in price and performance.

They Porsche Cayman is very much the cheapest form of hard top roof you will find in the Porsche line up.

Cayman

-----------

It has the same engine as the normal 2.7 boxster but also includes VarioCamPlus variable valve system which gives the Cayman that little extra kick that you wont find in the baby Porsche range.

2.7L / 180kW / 6500rpm Redline / 1300kg

Cayman S

------------

Certainly lifts the bar once again performance but also price. With onroads you are looking deep into the 160 - 180K range depending upon the options, which could include PASM, PCCB, 19" rims etc

3.4L / 217kW / 6250rpm Redline / 1340kg

Ada///M.

The normal Boxster is shit slow! (and cheaper than most expect - only around 30-35k for old models I think) I remember a Best Motoring race where it was up against GTR, EVO, NSX, RX-7, etc and got left half a lap behind.

In the end the guy driving's like, "Well, I like the interior".

Boxster S is not bad, and I would seriously buy it over the Cayman S. Hmm.... convertible version cheaper than hardtop - not a hard decision. I just don't like the lack of widespread aftermarket tuning options available, especially for entry level porsches.

I just don't like the lack of widespread aftermarket tuning options available, especially for entry level porsches.

To be totally honest, if i was shelling out the $110,000 for a car, i would want it to have the performance without the need for more cash to be spent on it to get the performance i want.

For the same price you could buy a 335i, which would go infinitely harder than the porsche.

To be totally honest, if i was shelling out the $110,000 for a car, i would want it to have the performance without the need for more cash to be spent on it to get the performance i want.

For the same price you could buy a 335i, which would go infinitely harder than the porsche.

U serious? If you bought the R35 GTR or an E90 M3 for $160k you're telling me you wouldn't be tempted to get at least an ECU/exhaust?

People who spend 100+k on cars don't really care about spending an extra few thousand to get more power - in fact it is very cost effective compared to spending on say a Skyline. ie., for a much lower percentage of the cost of the car you can boost a car's power to a similar extent.

The people who buy expensive sportscars are usually not the ones who have to sacrifice and save every last penny to buy them - they are usually well established in all aspects of life and get the sportscar as a plaything/statement.

Due to mods and accessories, it is hard to find two skylines exactly identical, and that is great as it means they really are personalisable cars. But you couldn't tell the difference between one red Ferrari 430 and another. I appreciate that many ownsers of high end super cars may think any modification will spoil the natural balance/reliabilty or devalue the car, but if I had one I would definitely modify it. eg,. Twin Supercharged F430 http://whatsthecrack.net/F430-Twin-Turbo-Evoluzione

But wouldn't handle as well.

It's not all about straight line speed.

Having said that, it'd be much too slow for me, and if you buy a non S, then you're just buying it to drive a Porsche :blush:

I concur, well said :thumbsup:

Seriously the base Boxster is bought by posers and greying men with mid-life crises. No-one who's a serious driver would buy one.

300C Limo on Blackburn Rd this arvo, thing was longer than an elephants appendage.

Saw a 300C hearse yesterday, in that American style with the raised roof and S shape metal trim on the side, looked really different!!

Was followed by a blacked out normal 300C sedan and black 300C limo

Saw a 300C hearse yesterday, in that American style with the raised roof and S shape metal trim on the side, looked really different!!

Was followed by a blacked out normal 300C sedan and black 300C limo

First one of those I saw Ben, I thought it was a hearse too. Chrysler still think they have done something special....but it is just a little bit wrong. More truck than car.

f430 on lygon st yest (surprise surprise)

355 spider at docklands yest

360 modena at century city today

damn punks and their flashy red cars - not as flashy as my yellow 1.3 ltr jazz though :)

First one of those I saw Ben, I thought it was a hearse too. Chrysler still think they have done something special....but it is just a little bit wrong. More truck than car.

The one I saw was something along the lines of this, but had a higher roofline at the rear I think:

300c_hearse_2.jpg