SAU Community

Super-spotted Thread

Jamezilla

Kris doing what had to be done to such a beautiful car...

n618369299_1825024_279472.jpg

that looks like the ferrari thats parked outside the grand highet every w.e..............probs going to the spice market :D

sexy car, it WILL be MINE one day :D

1st pic is a sexy black Maser GT with black custom plates, only two letters. Forget what they were. On Macauley Rd, Kensington at 4pm last Saturday.

2nd pic is a MB SL65 AMG I see occasionally in East Melbourne with awesome plates which by themselves are worth probably more than my car.

post-49469-1242642655_thumb.jpg

post-49469-1242642729_thumb.jpg

The clean up of glass around a 5sqm radius was brutal.

Still find glass in the lawn after mowing months later lol.

cleanup.jpg

Is that the P1 Aston Martin? to my knowlege there is only one with that colour interior with a meteorite silver paintjob

Holy shit - I win

Mercedes Benz AMG SL65 Black Series

The 1st of 6 ever coming to Australia. Drive away $728,000

So tough.

Had some wanker trying to pick my girlfriend up by telling her he had a AMG Black. I knew they were extremely rare but not this rare. What a knob.

WTF-33R - yes, my car. And you need to brush up on your Aston colour palettes - the car is Tungsten Silver. Meteorite (like my Vantage) is darker.

Burgiser33 - there are 32 CLK 63 Black series in Aus, so possible that he owns one of them. Still a knob though.

in the past few days, spotted:

the original Corvette in Red with plates FREE

a GT3 RS outside my work, White with orange wheels and the orange "GT3 RS" writing

a red 512 Testarosa

a silver Corvette (the one b4 the current model)

I live up in FNQ. Worked on a r34 gtr today that owes it's owner $212k to date, but he loves it, so while that may be ho-hum down in the big smoke, up here it's VERY rare. And sweet.

And the other day I saw a Gallardo (black) on Sheridan st in Cairns, but without a picture, who gives a shit?!? But it's the second one I've seen in Cairns now and we only have around 150,000 people, so I consider that fairly high to be honest. And lots of Ferarri's and Porsches. That's from being close to Port Douglas, the millionaires holiday home.

Jamezilla-

You own a convertible DB9?? Why? Sorry, realistically I'd sell my soul for one but you obviously have the money not to have to do that, so the question stands....

Why pay more money for less car? Why pay extra for them to not give you a roof? Why pay extra for them to make the car heavier and therefore slower? Why pay extra to make a sweet sportscar less rigid?

Don't take this as a dickhead 12 year old forum dweller telling you how much better his skyline is but why the convertible? My only guess is that it makes it easier for the women to throw themselves into the chick magnet car as you pull up at lights.

Thanks Nick. Way to ruin my witty comeback...

Besides, I've had 2x DB9 coupes - and aside from not stopping, not turning, and not riding just as well as the Volante, I choose the ragtop to feel cooler while listening to Toto. If you want a good Aston, get a Vantage. If you want a 2+2 English grand tourer get an XKR.