SAU Community

How Much Power Can I Make?

Taxi33

Hey all!

I've got a r33 s2 with a few mods done to it already, just wondering what I'd need too do

too get over the 220 - 230kw mark.

I'm contemplating on whether or not too get a SAFC-II or just too get a stand-alone ECU.

Of course I'd prefer going the SAFCII due too costs but i also want too make sure that it's

possible and that I don't stress my engine too much.

From what I've heard the SAFCII can keep pushing power until your standard injectors max out.

How much power can standard rb25 injectors make?

I'm also thinking of getting a GTR fuel pump or a Bosch/walbro.

Anyone know what power the GTR fuel pump can handle?

Also does anyone recommend any fuel pumps for the power i'm aiming too make?

My current mods:

3" exhaust

FMIC

APEXi AVCR

Exedy button clutch

APEXi power intake

Slide Stage3 high-flow turbo

Thanks!

Samir :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your running a huge risk over 220rwk with stock injectors. for the sake of a few hundred bucks get them changed. better than 3k for a rebuild. And if you want to make over 230rwk get a stand alone ecu. much better. theres no cheap options when looking at that sort of power

cheers

alot of speculations on "stock" injectors, every seems to have different results my stock ones were light purple in colour, i made 258kw at wheels on them, use a bosch 040 pump,

Hey,

Thanks for the replys guys. :D

So you made over 250kw on stock injectors?

That's awesome.

230rwkw is around the max.

I would go powerFC over a safc as you will want to continue upgrading later

Yeah later on i was going too go for a standalone ecu

but i was thinking that if a SAFCII can handle the ammount of power

that i want for now, i'd go for it! Also if it's safe ofcourse.

it did lean out towards redline. car was never intended to make the power it did, i went to a dyno day for first time with new setup so had no idea wat the air/fuels or anything were doing, basically just said watch the air/fuels and it came up with that figure.. like others say though it isnt recommended, only reason i hadnt changed the injectors was i had no idea wat power the car was making or would make. cheers

stock injectors will work, duty will be close to 100%, then they fail..then u cry.

Haha, :)

Ok so, stock injectors... bosch040 or GTR fuel pump, Highflowed turbo, exhaust, fmic

With a SAFCII and APEXi Avcr... can anyone estimate how much boost you can run safely

or how much power you can go too?

Thanks

Samir

Ok so, stock injectors... bosch040 or GTR fuel pump, Highflowed turbo, exhaust, fmic

With a SAFCII and APEXi Avcr... can anyone estimate how much boost you can run safely

Thanks

Samir

Cousin!! :)

Judging by the above replies it should be safe to push it to no more than 220rwkw with an SAFC II + GTR fuel pump.

At least you can check the knock and if we get it tuned on the dyno, AFR's will be spot on, but there is no room for upgrade once that is done. :banana:

Depends how much you want to go though, high-flow is more than capable of more, but injectors will max out and then you will need to get larger ones, then SAFCII cant support after market injectors so you will have to scrap that and go stand alone ECU..

If you want to get to 230 -240rwkw,you will need to go the following;

Bosch 040/GTR pump

Injectors - something like 550cc

Stand alone ECU + tune

So now your stuck lol.

If you want to go over 220rwkw it is recommended that you upgrade injectors, and you cant run after market injectors off standard ECU, so that means after market ECU..

Predicament!

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

Thanks

Samir

should be able to run 12-13psi with the hiflow safely on the stock injectors which should see 220rwk ish and the other mods stated.

12-13 psi, everyones got different oppinions but if u got a highflow hell push that shit to 14-15psi for high boost occassions

whats the point of getting a high flow without having that extra boooooost

man 12-13 psi i run on my stock turbo its been like that for over 1-2 years man

go for gold dude and ask the guys thats tuning it for ya

12-13 psi, everyones got different oppinions but if u got a highflow hell push that shit to 14-15psi for high boost occassions

whats the point of getting a high flow without having that extra boooooost

man 12-13 psi i run on my stock turbo its been like that for over 1-2 years man

go for gold dude and ask the guys thats tuning it for ya

You cant push it to 14 - 15psi without a tune as it pings and timing retards etc..

Its not safe and you are guaranteed to blow something on standard ECU.

Even with his car on 12-13psi it leans out and starts to ping. 12psi MAX is safe on STD ECU with supporting mods and a fuel pump..

Stock turbo MAY be able to hold 13psi as it flows less than a high flow turbo, so it doesnt need as much fuel to back up its 13psi like a high flow does.

Big turbo at 14psi, for example, and a small turbo at 14psi are 2 totally different things!

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

You cant push it to 14 - 15psi without a tune as it pings and timing retards etc..

Its not safe and you are guaranteed to blow something on standard ECU.

Even with his car on 12-13psi it leans out and starts to ping. 12psi MAX is safe on STD ECU with supporting mods and a fuel pump..

Stock turbo MAY be able to hold 13psi as it flows less than a high flow turbo, so it doesnt need as much fuel to back up its 13psi like a high flow does.

Big turbo at 14psi, for example, and a small turbo at 14psi are 2 totally different things!

Thanks,

Abu

exactly right. 12 psi on my stock turbo, i was making 175rwk. now with the hiflow im making 209 on 12.5psi, with the stock injectors, stock fuel pump and afm. i cant go anymore than that... well i could but it wouldnt be safe as my injector duty cycle is touching 80 % now and pump nearly maxed out.

ohhhi wasnt refering to a stock ecu i was refering to a stand alone ecu :thumbsup: my bad

this biggest shit thing on our cars is the ecu. everything is a hassle because its just plan shit!

Edited by Zas)-(

ohhhi wasnt refering to a stock ecu i was refering to a stand alone ecu :thumbsup: my bad

this biggest shit thing on our cars is the ecu. everything is a hassle because its just plan shit!

Hahah lol ease up.

Although, once you have a stand alone ECU its all fun and games after that. Possibilities are endless.. until the injectors max out.. and then the turbo, and then the engine gives in!..

But seriously, getting the car tuned gets the best results! You see so much gain and improvement across the board with a good tune, there is no supplement for that!.. :)

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

yeah best way to no wat boost to run is to take it to a dyno once mods are done, and up boost accordly, while watching air/fuel ratio from dyno. best way ;) i had not put my foot down through 3rd or later gears till i had it on dyno with new setup just to know what a/f rati's were doing.... goodluck

Yep yep,

After i install a fuel pump I'm going too chuck the car on a dyno and

get my avcr tuned properly too .8 bar!

Still deciding whether too get a GTR fuel pump or a Bosch 040! ;)

Thanks for your help guys!

Samir