SAU Community

How Much Power Can I Make?

Taxi33

i'm pulling 251rwkw on stock injectors not at 100% with a nismo rising rate fuel reg (makes a big difference with the stock injectors), walbro pump (paid $100), kkr430 turbo charger running 18psi, splitfire coils and an safc2, it's nice and reliable pulls hard as :sleep: but i will admit at low revs it's not brillant but more than exceptable good luck with the mods mate

Edited by Darkon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm pulling 251rwkw on stock injectors not at 100% with a nismo rising rate fuel reg (makes a big difference with the stock injectors), walbro pump (paid $100), kkr430 turbo charger running 18psi, splitfire coils and an safc2, it's nice and reliable pulls hard as :sleep: but i will admit at low revs it's not brillant but more than exceptable good luck with the mods mate

251rwkw, are you serious mate?

Thats a lot of power to be pushing on stock injectors. Do you have a dyno graph by any chance, and what are the AFR's like? :)

Pretty curious to see, thats a fair effort for fuel only computer and stock injectors!

And just curious to what you mean when you say "at low revs its not brilliant"? Could it be you possibly have after market injectors running, and your not aware of it?

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

Wow! That's crazy, defiently interested in the graph and AFR readings :)

since your going the SAFC route i would recommend you buy an Apexi sitc aswell as it makes a big difference I think you should make around 220rwkw mine is auto and makes 235rwkw after my latest tune yesterday and I have stock injectors which are just about maxed out, so looking to upgrade them soon.

Thats a lot of power to be pushing on stock injectors. Do you have a dyno graph by any chance, and what are the AFR's like? >_<

Pretty curious to see, thats a fair effort for fuel only computer and stock injectors!

And just curious to what you mean when you say "at low revs its not brilliant"? Could it be you possibly have after market injectors running, and your not aware of it?

Thanks,

Abu

im pretty sure he serious, i made 258kw on stock injectors, not intentionally but thats what it did. i had stock afm, stock computer.. but built engine apart from that..standard fuel pressure too... my injectors where a light purple, ive seen r33's with maroon injectors and some my colour... dyno graph follows, cheers. oh n graph didnt have a/f ratio's on there, but the guy said it was leaning out top of the rev's...

post-5275-1186125903_thumb.jpg

Thats a lot of power to be pushing on stock injectors. Do you have a dyno graph by any chance, and what are the AFR's like? :nyaanyaa:

Thanks,

Abu

deadly serious not bad i know, down low because of the way the timing is set to keep it safe up high in the revs, it's not as smooth as standard but you have to expect that with a bigger turbo anyway. My mechanic however did say if we put something like a power fc on it we could adjust the timing down low a little better but it's really know biggy. In response to a pm i got the turbo comes on to boost around 3500 making full boost around the 4000 mark so not much different to standard :happy:

here's the dyno graph the top line is at 18psi when it makes 251kw but it does have a dip the bottom line is 14psi and pulls 244kw which is what i mainly leave it on because it smoother

post-21949-1186146596_thumb.jpg

and by the way cost of the kkr430 $899 and it bolts to standard manifold ;)

TROJON MOTORSPORT FTW!!!!

That's some crazy power outputs on stock injectors guys! Well done!

Im about to get a SAFC Neo sometime this week and then see what we can get out of my set up on the HKS GT-RS because at the moment it is running ridiculously rich. I figured the amount of fuel i would go through would probably pay for a SAFC Neo in a couple of months. For now ill be happy with about 230kw @ wheels on the stock injectors and by the looks of your guys dyno sheets, i might actually achieve this. Anyone running a GT-RS on a SAFC and stock injectors? Would be curious to know how they go.

deadly serious not bad i know, down low because of the way the timing is set to keep it safe up high in the revs, it's not as smooth as standard but you have to expect that with a bigger turbo anyway. My mechanic however did say if we put something like a power fc on it we could adjust the timing down low a little better but it's really know biggy. In response to a pm i got the turbo comes on to boost around 3500 making full boost around the 4000 mark so not much different to standard :)

here's the dyno graph the top line is at 18psi when it makes 251kw but it does have a dip the bottom line is 14psi and pulls 244kw which is what i mainly leave it on because it smoother

post-21949-1186146596_thumb.jpg

and by the way cost of the kkr430 $899 and it bolts to standard manifold :)

TROJON MOTORSPORT FTW!!!!

Jeez! Thats some seriously good power man, with minimum upgrades.

Ah I see because of the timing it runs a little funny hey, but still, minor compromise for that sort of power.

Even for 14psi. 244rwkw is huge man, I'd be so happy with that!

Whats the efficiency range on those KKR430 turbos, probably about 16psi?

What you got planned next, and say if you were to go to a PFC for example or any other stand alone ECU, would you see any more power gains?

Or would the improvements be more better fuel economy and response due to more of a finer tune?

I guess what I am trying to ask, is what advantage do you have with running the SAFC over a stand alone ECU, besides things such as cost of a stand alone ECU + tune and also cop/legal issues.

But that is some awesome results on such a stock motor, I'm impressed!! :)

Thanks,

Abu

That's some crazy power outputs on stock injectors guys! Well done!

Im about to get a SAFC Neo sometime this week and then see what we can get out of my set up on the HKS GT-RS because at the moment it is running ridiculously rich. I figured the amount of fuel i would go through would probably pay for a SAFC Neo in a couple of months. For now ill be happy with about 230kw @ wheels on the stock injectors and by the looks of your guys dyno sheets, i might actually achieve this. Anyone running a GT-RS on a SAFC and stock injectors? Would be curious to know how they go.

Hey man

Just to let you know, I'm 90% sure this is correct but an SAFCII or NEO will not support after market injectors. Pretty much if your stock ECU doesn't know or support it SAFC wont be able to tune it properly..

But any type of tune will see you results, so you will make some good power with the SAFC, and also will get a lot better fuel economy!

With a right tune you will see the car become more responsive as well.

Post up your results when you get it tuned :)

Thanks,

Abu

Hi,

I can add to your list...

235rwkw at 10-12psi with hi-flow..

-stock injectors

-stock afm

-stock fuel pump

car is auto

its got safc exhaust and intercooler. thats it.

Do a search for my thread on it for proof of graph and discussion etc..I also did not expect this much power..

Cheers

Jeez! Thats some seriously good power man, with minimum upgrades.

Ah I see because of the timing it runs a little funny hey, but still, minor compromise for that sort of power.

Even for 14psi. 244rwkw is huge man, I'd be so happy with that!

Whats the efficiency range on those KKR430 turbos, probably about 16psi?

What you got planned next, and say if you were to go to a PFC for example or any other stand alone ECU, would you see any more power gains?

Or would the improvements be more better fuel economy and response due to more of a finer tune?

I guess what I am trying to ask, is what advantage do you have with running the SAFC over a stand alone ECU, besides things such as cost of a stand alone ECU + tune and also cop/legal issues.

But that is some awesome results on such a stock motor, I'm impressed!! :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Abu

I fairly sure it's 16, next mods if I choose to would definitely be injectors and stand alone ecu which would probably be a power fc going off what my mechanic said they are the most similar to a stock ecu when it comes to cold start etc. With these two mods I should with any luck see around the 270-280 mark which I wouldn't want to go any higher than on an internally stock engine.

I've also got a mate with a kkr480 on a rebuilt with forgies rb25 running a power fc and aftermarket injectors he's pulling 304kw also done by trojon that would probably be what i'd go for if i really want to push it, but i'm planning to one day go drifting so the 250kw will probably be better suited.

My car has always made quite decent power for what it is on a few different dyno since i put on a blitz lm FM and the blitz neuro spec V stainless steal exhaust with a very high high flow cat so I think these two help as well

I guess we'll find out soon though as another one of my mates is getting pretty much the exact same setup as mine put in his r32 with hks stuff that should be on the road in the coming weeks

Hey man

Just to let you know, I'm 90% sure this is correct but an SAFCII or NEO will not support after market injectors. Pretty much if your stock ECU doesn't know or support it SAFC wont be able to tune it properly..

But any type of tune will see you results, so you will make some good power with the SAFC, and also will get a lot better fuel economy!

With a right tune you will see the car become more responsive as well.

Post up your results when you get it tuned :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Abu

Yeah, ill run the SAFC as far as i can go on the stock injectors until they start maxing out. After that ill have to save up for some bigger injectors and probably a power FC if i can even get my hands on one (dam apexi :thumbsup: ).

Ill probably get the car tuned some time next week and see how i go. Ill post up with how i go, should be interesting.

Hi,

I can add to your list...

235rwkw at 10-12psi with hi-flow..

-stock injectors

-stock afm

-stock fuel pump

car is auto

its got safc exhaust and intercooler. thats it.

Do a search for my thread on it for proof of graph and discussion etc..I also did not expect this much power..

Cheers

That is nuts!

Stock fuel pump too?

Far out...

Nice work :)

Unfortunately just recently my car started too misfire, a bit worried i checked

the coils and noticed that it was cylinder 5 playing up. Changed that coil pack

with cylinder 1's coil pack and noticed that still on cylinder 5 it was misfiring.

A bit disheartened got the compression tester out and yep, all cylinders fine except

cylinder 5 which read under 50 :D

So an engine rebuild for me :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help guys!

Once my cars back I'll mod it up and tell yous how it going :)

Once again thanks!

Samir

Ok well i got my SAFC today, and ill install it tomorrow. Next week the car is going in for a tune. Was just wondering what kind of settings or "set ups" with timing etc were people using to get around 220-230+ at the wheels? Any litttle tricks or something would be good to know, ie what a/f ratios did people find to work best at certain rpm with what timing advance or retard etc. Im sure my tuner will know what to do, but i thought if i happened to pick something up on here that i could tell him, may end up helping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from abu, darkon and sweetr33 as they got some awesome results from stock injectors ;)

Cheers.

Hey all!

I've got a r33 s2 with a few mods done to it already, just wondering what I'd need too do

too get over the 220 - 230kw mark.

I'm contemplating on whether or not too get a SAFC-II or just too get a stand-alone ECU.

Of course I'd prefer going the SAFCII due too costs but i also want too make sure that it's

possible and that I don't stress my engine too much.

From what I've heard the SAFCII can keep pushing power until your standard injectors max out.

How much power can standard rb25 injectors make?

I'm also thinking of getting a GTR fuel pump or a Bosch/walbro.

Anyone know what power the GTR fuel pump can handle?

Also does anyone recommend any fuel pumps for the power i'm aiming too make?

My current mods:

3" exhaust

FMIC

APEXi AVCR

Exedy button clutch

APEXi power intake

Slide Stage3 high-flow turbo

Thanks!

Samir :D

I had the same mods (diff boost controller) + oil cooler and splitfires when I put my SAFC11 in my S1..... got 226rwkw @14psi.... couldn't go any higher as the Mines chip in the standard ecu was messing up the first few thousand RPM of the map... my injectors weren't maxxed and neither was the AFM.....

I ended up going a walbro pump in my current setup (255) some people don't like em but I have never had any troubles... exceptionally quiet too. My pump with a FPR & 550 inj was handling 260-270rwkw before I pulled it off the road... coming back with 300+ and the same pump...

Ok well i got my SAFC today, and ill install it tomorrow. Next week the car is going in for a tune. Was just wondering what kind of settings or "set ups" with timing etc were people using to get around 220-230+ at the wheels? Any litttle tricks or something would be good to know, ie what a/f ratios did people find to work best at certain rpm with what timing advance or retard etc. Im sure my tuner will know what to do, but i thought if i happened to pick something up on here that i could tell him, may end up helping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from abu, darkon and sweetr33 as they got some awesome results from stock injectors :P

Cheers.

Hey man

How are you?

Congratulations on the SAFC, your definitely in for some awesome results now!

Okay, so I am assuming you have the following;

Fuel pump (GTR, WALBRO, BOSCH 040)

Intercooler

3" Turbo back exhaust

From memory you have a GTRS turbo?

And the SAFC Neo

With a good tune your looking at anything between 220rwkw - 250rwkw.. on around 16psi. I know that there is a lot of variance in my estimate but it all depends on how the stock injectors hold up and if you have the supporting mods I have listed above!

Make sure you run the turbo in its efficiency range which is usually 16psi+, and you will get a very punchy power curve and make some awesome power. If you over boost it you will notice little gain from more boost, where as if its in its peak you will get more gain from less boost.. if that makes sense!

But the tuner should know all this so there is no reason for you to worry, just ask for a safe tune, around 16psi or up to about 240-250rwkw if possible, safely! If its only 220-230rwkw your chasing then not an issue, you should make that very safely..

The tuner will be able to drop the timing back etc.. when they have it running on the dyno, but you should be looking at a minimum of 220rwkw, and nothing less, again depending on the above mods I have l listed.

I wouldn't pushed past 250rwkw going by what I have read, as the stock injectors would be getting right up there in there duty cycle, the more you push them the less -reliable they will become and the more chance you having of dropping a cylinder.

Anything up to 250rwkw on standard ECU + SAFC NEO your laughing! Keep us posted on the results, and all the best with the tune! :D

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

Hey Abu,

Thanks a lot for your reply, greatly appreciated! If i get 220-230 ill be a very happy man :D At the moment ive got the GT-RS running on its stock boost pressure, which is about 0.9 bar but ill tell my tuner to give it more boost if he thinks it can handle it. Modifications are exactly what you listed plus a Plazmaman intake plenum. It's booked in for next wednesday morning so we will see how it goes. Did they adjust your timing at all when it got tuned?

Thanks man

Phil